• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

marceagfan5 said:
The Good - You Won and your D

The Bad - Your Offense

The Ugly - Watching that game (sorry but it was absolutely brutal to watch)

UC Davis looks like a D2 team and Stitt's offense (for the reputation he has) looks awful. You guys need Brady back!

Your Defense does look really, really good.

Best recipe for your offense, a home game against Weber, they may be worse than UC Davis.

Unlike your game against Sac State... :roll:

UMGriz75 said:
.... I think the Griz come out of this game much stronger, Coach can finally say "this works, this works, that doesn't work." He now has a clear view of what his QB can do, and I think this QB can do it. Brady's rocket arm would have been a terrific asset, but Chad brings some very good talents to the position and his confidence from this game will make the next game look much different. He can "think on his feet." He is showing to be the strongest "second string" QB in the Big Sky.
:thumb:

UMGriz75 said:
I think the Griz come out of this game much stronger, Coach can finally say "this works, this works, that doesn't work." He now has a clear view of what his QB can do, and I think this QB can do it. Brady's rocket arm would have been a terrific asset, but Chad brings some very good talents to the position and his confidence from this game will make the next game look much different. He can "think on his feet." He is showing to be the strongest "second string" QB in the Big Sky.
The backup to West at EWU is no slouch, but we got a preview last year of what losing Prucop would do to MSU.

AllWeatherFan said:
marceagfan5 said:

The Bad - Your Offense

UC Davis looks like a D2 team and Stitt's offense (for the reputation he has) looks awful. You guys need Brady back!

Best recipe for your offense, a home game against Weber, they may be worse than UC Davis.

Eastern sucked against Sac State, no doubt. I just thought 5 games in, Stitts offense would look a little better. It definitely doesn't help that Brady is out, but you guys have some great skill position players and I thought the scoreboard would see more action...

marceagfan5 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
marceagfan5 said:

The Bad - Your Offense

Eastern sucked against Sac State, no doubt. I just thought 5 games in, Stitts offense would look a little better. It definitely doesn't help that Brady is out, but you guys have some great skill position players and I thought the scoreboard would see more action...

While I might be inclined to agree with you, I harken back to when Pflu was trying to install HIS offense, and how that team struggled in fits and starts for a full year before it kicked in about game 3 of the SECOND season...now I don't think this will take that long, and I'm damned glad we're playing EWU and MSU late in the season...

The Good = Griz WIN, cats LOSE
The Bad = So thin at RB that we had to burn Jeremy Calhoun's red-shirt (he's a STUD)
The Ugly = Offense "frustrating" to watch, even coach Stitt used that word

HookedonGriz said:
The Ugly:
- missing a PAT!!!! That is going to be the death of me!!!

What you got E-Griz?

That's what we get when have a kicker that states in the media that "Football isn't my favorite sport." And that, "I probably shouldn't be saying that." Followed by a big smile and laugher.

:shock: :?

IntuitiveGriz said:
The Bad = So thin at RB that we had to burn Jeremy Calhoun's red-shirt (he's a STUD)

IF he truly is the 2nd best RB on the team then I have no problem with it. I don't want mediocre just to save a red shirt.

AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

IF he truly is the 2nd best RB on the team then I have no problem with it. I don't want mediocre just to save a red shirt.

I agree. And I believe that he is one of the best RB on the team. But that's part of me saying that we are so thin at RB. We should already have a couple Jeremy Calhouns ahead of Jeremy Calhoun, but we don't. :twocents:

AZGrizFan said:
While I might be inclined to agree with you, I harken back to when Pflu was trying to install HIS offense, and how that team struggled in fits and starts for a full year before it kicked in about game 3 of the SECOND season...now I don't think this will take that long, and I'm damned glad we're playing EWU and MSU late in the season...
I don't know man, game 3 of 2011 was a 17-14 win over a pretty bad EWU team. Game 4 was a blowout loss @ Sac State. Game 5 & 6 were easy wins over really bad UNC and ISU teams. game 7 was a nail biter win at home over Portland State, and game 8 was a nail biter win over NAU in Flagstaff. It wasn't until game 9 against Weber at home - allegedly before the Weber game Jonathon Smith told Pflugrad he would quit if Pflugrad didn't stop overriding his calls - Smith did in fact quit after the season to be QB coach at Boise State - before the Griz offense started rolling.

The question, of course, is did it take 20 games to get "Pflugrad's offense" in place and running, or did it take Pflugrad stepping out from calling plays to get "Smith's offense" rolling? If it is the former will Griz nation have 20 games of patience - Stitt doesn't have the "putting the band back together" connections Pflugrad did when he took over. If it is the latter will Stitt adjust his offense to to his personnel and reality to get it rolling?

My money is on Stitt making adjustments to his offense (lineups, roles and priorities) and he gets this offense rolling. The offense should have a good showing this weekend against Weber, struggle against UND again, then it is time to hit on all cylinders starting with Portland State through the playoffs.

Grizbeer said:
AZGrizFan said:
I don't know man, game 3 of 2011 was a 17-14 win over a pretty bad EWU team. Game 4 was a blowout loss @ Sac State. Game 5 & 6 were easy wins over really bad UNC and ISU teams. game 7 was a nail biter win at home over Portland State, and game 8 was a nail biter win over NAU in Flagstaff. It wasn't until game 9 against Weber at home - allegedly before the Weber game Jonathon Smith told Pflugrad he would quit if Pflugrad didn't stop overriding his calls - Smith did in fact quit after the season to be QB coach at Boise State - before the Griz offense started rolling.

The question, of course, is did it take 20 games to get "Pflugrad's offense" in place and running, or did it take Pflugrad stepping out from calling plays to get "Smith's offense" rolling? If it is the former will Griz nation have 20 games of patience - Stitt doesn't have the "putting the band back together" connections Pflugrad did when he took over. If it is the latter will Stitt adjust his offense to to his personnel and reality to get it rolling?

My money is on Stitt making adjustments to his offense (lineups, roles and priorities) and he gets this offense rolling. The offense should have a good showing this weekend against Weber, struggle against UND again, then it is time to hit on all cylinders starting with Portland State through the playoffs.

You're correct....my fading memory fails me. It WAS the Weber game where it all seemed to come together...and I for one am more than willing to give Stitt 20 games. Hell we're 1/4 of the way through that already and we're 3-2 and 2-0 in conference. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
BornGrizz said:
Fahque said:
putter said:
Brady throws a better ball. Chad's feet compensate for a bad O-Line play better than Brady. If this offense can get in stride they will be a force
This. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

This team peaked in week one. It's not the type of team that gets better each week. Doesn't have the right pieces this year.

Good lord. You aren't even a "glass half empty" kind of guy, are you? I mean, you must think the glass is COMPLETELY empty...

After week one our PPG have been 19, 21, 23, 27. And points allowed the last three weeks have been 31, 14, 13. SURE Looks like its going in the right direction to me.

Please continue.
:coffee:

If Stitt gets 20 games to work through this garbage there will be no UM football. And maybe no UM.

B_Kross said:
Grizbeer said:
If Stitt gets 20 games to work through this garbage there will be no UM football. And maybe no UM.
I think you can step away from the bridge a little.
Ha ha I walked over the bridge tinight, the water was low and dirty.

Grizbeer said:
B_Kross said:
Grizbeer said:
I think you can step away from the bridge a little.
Ha ha I walked over the bridge tinight, the water was low and dirty.
A little bit too much Moose Drool tonight maybe?

In the end, it's just a game, life will go on and so will the Griz.

Latest posts

Back