• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The positive side of the O-line issues

AZGrizFan said:
nzone said:
Hammer said:
nzone said:
I like Mick but IMO this is a bit of an oversite.

An oversight on Micks part that Poole blew out his back and Schmaing basically flunked out???? Because the rest of the line is rock solid.

Yes an oversight...why do you think Schmaing ran with twos. His status was no surprise and when you rely on petitions your walking a slippery slope. We were slight at the end of last season when Oiland, Kistler, and Pohles left and we didn't address it until picking up Luke at the beginning of fall camp. At the BBQ in Gt. Falls he mentioned needing a drop down lineman.

When is Jared Clark eligible to join the team?

Jared has been participating all fall camp. Looks to not be making an immediate impact, typical of JUCO guys.

gah-riz said:
AZGrizFan said:
nzone said:
Hammer said:
An oversight on Micks part that Poole blew out his back and Schmaing basically flunked out???? Because the rest of the line is rock solid.

Yes an oversight...why do you think Schmaing ran with twos. His status was no surprise and when you rely on petitions your walking a slippery slope. We were slight at the end of last season when Oiland, Kistler, and Pohles left and we didn't address it until picking up Luke at the beginning of fall camp. At the BBQ in Gt. Falls he mentioned needing a drop down lineman.

Jared has been participating all fall camp. Looks to not be making an immediate impact, typical of JUCO guys.

Oh. So it it only DROP DOWNS who aren't able to join the team until school starts?

AZGrizFan said:
gah-riz said:
AZGrizFan said:
nzone said:

Oh. So it it only DROP DOWNS who aren't able to join the team until school starts?

There's no special restriction regarding drop downs or JUCOs joining the team.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
gah-riz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Am confusing all these different groups with the walk-on limitations? :oops: :oops:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
gah-riz said:

Am confusing all these different groups with the walk-on limitations? :oops: :oops:

What walk-on limitations?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

What walk-on limitations?

OK. Who is included in the group of players that cannot practice with the team until school starts?

I have no idea how good or bad your O Line is going to look on Saturday, and neither does anyone else. On paper it doesn't look too good obviously, five starters from last year gone and exactly one player any career starts? I'd guess Gragg will get them playing well together after a few games as long as they all continue playing together, but if you suffer a couple more injuries along that line, which tends to happen with lighter, inexperienced players, that would probably be scary for you, no?

poorgriz said:
I have no idea how good or bad your O Line is going to look on Saturday, and neither does anyone else. On paper it doesn't look too good obviously, five starters from last year gone and exactly one player any career starts? I'd guess Gragg will get them playing well together after a few games as long as they all continue playing together, but if you suffer a couple more injuries along that line, which tends to happen with lighter, inexperienced players, that would probably be scary for you, no?

I'm already scared. But I'm going to try like hell not to read anything into our performance on Saturday. By NDSU, they'll have 2 full games of experience and should be much better prepared for what's to come.

Bear Axed said:
CodyKirk.jpg

h49D46CE8

bobcat_born.jpg
I never knew Natalie from Facts Of Life played for the kitties :eek:

Back