• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Real Problem - "Dear Colleague Letter" US Dept Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayerRep said:
Growler1 said:
PlayerRep said:
tnt said:
That would require you know that the the Student athlete honor code and The Students Honor code are two different things. One was changed in regards to how Athletes are handeled. and one was left alone.

Your undisputed "facts" that the "standards were changed making it unfair for accused rapists are as dubious as some of your "defense"

I would question given the debate you great legal minds have had over the "change" whether the Honor committee would debate the semantics OR listen to the evidence and information before them and without the help of attorneys and judges telling them how they are supposed to think simply decide whether or not they think "he did it" and take a vote. Sometimes they call this common sense.

But you really do know this PR, just as all of us they only time you get confrontive or insulting is when the ground you are standing on gets even a wee bit shaky.

If you thing the student code was left alone, then it still contains the clear and convincing standard--yet they are trying to apply the "new" lower preponderance standard to JJ. The Aronofsky memo, which I quoted several times, discusses the proposed changes.

Tnt, you are too old to be posting. You continue to spew incorrect information in almost all of your posts. You are completely out to lunch. Consider whether you want to continue to embarrass yourself. You are doing a disservice to UM.

The biggest disservice to UM is being done by a blathering attorney, who has no connection to the university, but whose personal agenda to elevate his low self esteem by stalking players, coaches and administrators continually embarrasses both himself and the university.

Actually, one of problems is you G1, who, with no basis, constantly bashes the athletic program and players, lies frequently in his posts (about the program and himself), has been kicked off the message board about 75 times, and doesn't support the program monetarily or otherwise. In fact, G1 is the Contrast that with people who support the program and the university, monetarily and otherwise. A particular posters' father played football for UM, various relatives are UM grads and some played football, and 2 of kids attended UM.

A certain poster has donated a property to the UM general fund in a Charitable Remainder Trust, worth 1.25 million dollars. Wanna match donations Playa? I don't think so! So STFU!

The erosion of civil rights on campuses around the country in the name of supposedly protecting women is unnaceptable. 99% of this letter is obviously well intended and no one is advocating rape nor against any attempts to decrease discrimination. However, we cannot allow our bill of rights to be destroyed in anyway even if it is cloaked in something intended to do good.

I sincerly hope that Jordan Johnson will take his case all the way to the United States Supreme Court if need be to make sure this is stamped out. There have been rumors to his expulsion which so far.... have not been correct. It still seems that Jordan Johnson will be forced out or expelled in the near future based on the current enviroment at the University of Montana.

I support Jordan Johnson in so much as until he is charged with some crime he should not be thrown in the garbage in the name of supposedly creating a equal enviroment at UM. In fact this would create an unequal enviroment were the accuser, in the case of rape or sexual assault almost always the woman, would be automatically believed and the man punished before any real defense is allowed or actual evidence other than hearsay given. This is quite simply not what America is about and is protected in our Bill of RIghts. The Universty of Montana and other PUBLIC institutions are held to the same standards as our goverment in this regards.

Tokyo, I like how you hang in there. Sorta like your female friend throwing underhanded while they (boobs) hang in her shirt.

I am still harking (barking) about Engstrom not (finally) making a statement as to why the hell he fired our two men. If you own a company and fire someone it is not my business. However, the U is a public entity and our money supports the school and I believe it is our business to know why! Screw the lawsuit reason and the other lame excuses he makes. "No comment" is words of a coward.

Investigations? Who cares? We all realize it stinks of dirty politics. Let them investigate, it is good for us. Yes, good. If allowed and completed fairly it will give all of us a good look at the UM leaders and the various hidden information and e-mails etc. that they are all worried about. However if it is politics as usual not much good will come of the investigations, other than a latent slam of our football and other sports programs. I am thinking of people such as Foley, Pat Williams, perhaps Engstrom and many other bleeding heart intellects. These are the ones I will watch for!

Growler1 said:
PlayerRep said:
Growler1 said:
PlayerRep said:
If you thing the student code was left alone, then it still contains the clear and convincing standard--yet they are trying to apply the "new" lower preponderance standard to JJ. The Aronofsky memo, which I quoted several times, discusses the proposed changes.

Tnt, you are too old to be posting. You continue to spew incorrect information in almost all of your posts. You are completely out to lunch. Consider whether you want to continue to embarrass yourself. You are doing a disservice to UM.

The biggest disservice to UM is being done by a blathering attorney, who has no connection to the university, but whose personal agenda to elevate his low self esteem by stalking players, coaches and administrators continually embarrasses both himself and the university.

Actually, one of problems is you G1, who, with no basis, constantly bashes the athletic program and players, lies frequently in his posts (about the program and himself), has been kicked off the message board about 75 times, and doesn't support the program monetarily or otherwise. In fact, G1 is the Contrast that with people who support the program and the university, monetarily and otherwise. A particular posters' father played football for UM, various relatives are UM grads and some played football, and 2 of kids attended UM.

A certain poster has donated a property to the UM general fund in a Charitable Remainder Trust, worth 1.25 million dollars. Wanna match donations Playa? I don't think so! So STFU!

Actually, my family and my wife's family have matched that amount many times over, just for the record.

In a CRUT, I believe the university doesn't get any benefit until you died, and you get an immediate tax deduction. A legal scam, which eventually provides benefit for the charity/university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back