• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THE REAL STORY FROM JR's DAD

I agree with OG. I've personally seen Titleist fail to "have fun" with a person I brought to Lot P. I teed it up for him, and he whiffed because of the Devil's Liquor.

ordigger said:
CFallsGriz said:
ordigger said:
NativeGriz said:
Strongly disagree, just about everything stated. I know a lot of young people that have never tried pot, not once and have no idea of the taste. They may know the smell, but not the taste. So it is unfair to assume everyone should know when his brownie has ground-up weed in it especially if the brownie also had frosting. I don't know anything about JR except his play on the field, but I certainly don't know what his knowledge was of what he was consuming the night before the NDSU game, nor do you. You can state you find it hard to believe etc. but telling the kid to man up etc is not right. You really don't know for sure.

I would have no idea, and probably wouldn't recognize the smell either so you're correct. Being drug tested every month I avoid those type of individuals. And I don't drink either btw.

Wow, I bet you're tons of fun off of the internet too. :lol:

"Get off my lawn!!!"

--ordigger

I learned a long time ago one does not have to drink or do drugs to have fun. I don't need an "enhancer". My fun is natural, cost no money. In fact, IMO anyone that does need drink or drugs to have fun doesn't really know what fun is. Their loss, not mine. I truly feel sorry for those that do.

Or, perhaps, they just like the flavor a micro or a nice glass of wine, and find that the enjoyment that brings them enhances their fun.

Non-drinkers are worse than vegans with their in-your-face righteousness.

EverettGriz said:
ordigger said:
CFallsGriz said:
ordigger said:
I would have no idea, and probably wouldn't recognize the smell either so you're correct. Being drug tested every month I avoid those type of individuals. And I don't drink either btw.

"Get off my lawn!!!"

--ordigger

I learned a long time ago one does not have to drink or do drugs to have fun. I don't need an "enhancer". My fun is natural, cost no money. In fact, IMO anyone that does need drink or drugs to have fun doesn't really know what fun is. Their loss, not mine. I truly feel sorry for those that do.

Or, perhaps, they just like the flavor a micro or a nice glass of wine, and find that the enjoyment that brings them enhances their fun.

BS Everett, I personally enjoy a few drinks, but I also have a group of friends that are a lot of fun that never drink for a variety of reasons. A couple of them are recovering and we offer not to drink if they would feel more comfortable, but they always tell us to drink. Bottom line, I don't know one non-drinker or vegetarian that is self righteous or preachy about their choice.

Hmmm, seemed as though Digger was being a little preachy in the post quoted, but whatever.

As for vegans:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8[/youtube]

griz5700 said:
NativeGriz said:
griz5700 said:
StumptownGriz said:
The old, I didnt know it was a weed brownie excuse. C'mon, anyone who's ever eaten edibles knows they smell and taste pretty strongly of pot. I'm not buying this as an excuse at all. Marijuana should NOT be against the rules/law, especially to the tune of missing half of a season. But it is what it is, and if you test positive then you deserve the consequences regardless of how ridiculous they are. Just man up, say you made a mistake and come back halfway through the season and lock guys down.

This. All of it.
Strongly disagree, just about everything stated. I know a lot of young people that have never tried pot, not once and have no idea of the taste. They may know the smell, but not the taste. So it is unfair to assume everyone should know when his brownie has ground-up weed in it especially if the brownie also had frosting. I don't know anything about JR except his play on the field, but I certainly don't know what his knowledge was of what he was consuming the night before the NDSU game, nor do you. You can state you find it hard to believe etc. but telling the kid to man up etc is not right. You really don't know for sure.

They don't taste like your grandma's brownies. I'll leave it at that.

To lighten up the thread a little bit...Louis CK has his own view on this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMp7H3hZjsU[/youtube]

The Bad Company part gets me every time. :lol:

EverettGriz said:
ordigger said:
CFallsGriz said:
ordigger said:

"Get off my lawn!!!"

--ordigger

+1

Raider said:
EverettGriz said:
ordigger said:
CFallsGriz said:

"Get off my lawn!!!"

--ordigger

+1

I'm a non drinker and don't give 2 craps what anyone else does, nor do I get into any faces.

VimSince03 said:
griz5700 said:
NativeGriz said:
griz5700 said:
This. All of it.

They don't taste like your grandma's brownies. I'll leave it at that.

To lighten up the thread a little bit...Louis CK has his own view on this.

Damn, Louis is funny! I gotta eat a brownie and watch that again!

VimSince03 said:
... To lighten up the thread a little bit...Louis CK has his own view on this.

That is f***in' hilarious ... but it's also absolutely true too.

And that matters, as is noted in some of the New England Journal of Medicine articles I mentioned long ago on this thread. Parents, and -- let's be accurate, grandparents -- who tried, or even smoked regularly, MJ "back in the day," judge the issue largely on that basis. But according to this recent article http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegw...marijuana-has-changed-over-time/#719e4e965579
the potency has increased by a factor of three.

From the article:
A lab in Colorado has just analyzed 600 samples of marijuana, both recreational and medical, and found that tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content has risen markedly, whereas cannabidiol (CBD), which many say has therapeutic value, has declined.

So taking a wimpy little puff, is now like taking a pretty good drag in the old days -- just as he implies in the video. No agenda here (honest), but it's nice to deal in facts now and then.

In parts of the world the drug is legal, common and used by many. The issue becomes a serious item for USA companies that hire folks and need to test all employees for drugs. We had to deal with this, I hated it.

I drink any liquid that has alcohol in it and I could care less what others do. I'd have to be like president Clinton and not inhale if I smoked pot because I am alergic to smoke. I don't even like brownies so I'm screwed.

JR got a bad deal on the penalty, typical NCAA over reach...My guess is a two game ought to fit the "crime"

ordigger said:
CFallsGriz said:
ordigger said:
NativeGriz said:

"Get off my lawn!!!"

--ordigger

Mods?

I just drank. It was a double Macallans 18. I'm so sorry. ;salfaskfssalkdfhhhoiewroiqwuerncj. Cats suck. sasflsfeoruupodsmclmsldgkne;l. I can't even know whether.

CDAGRIZ said:
I agree with OG. I've personally seen Titleist fail to "have fun" with a person I brought to Lot P. I teed it up for him, and he whiffed because of the Devil's Liquor.

Didn't you bring me an Amazon last time? :thumb:

MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Fair point, but it was still teed up. This season, I'll bring women more on our level. There are several candidates. They have to run through the usual series of tests, etc. From the outset, however, are you partial to a particular hair color? I can probably swing anything but blue.

CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Fair point, but it was still teed up. This season, I'll bring women more on our level. There are several candidates. They have to run through the usual series of tests, etc. From the outset, however, are you partial to a particular hair color? I can probably swing anything but blue.

I think we have ourselves a deal. And what's this "more on our level" thing mean? I mean, our standards are quite high.

MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I think we have ourselves a deal. And what's this "more on our level" thing mean? I mean, our standards are quite high.

It was a purely physical clause. Nothing over 5'6".

CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

That's preferred.

MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That's preferred.
*Smallish hands. Don't forget, she must have small hands!

Latest posts

Back