• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts on CSU vs NDSU

brewskis said:
I'm thinking NDSU drops a couple this season. Which would be HUGE if it would get them on the road in the playoffs and not in their comfy little grain silo.

You raise a good point. Last year UNDSU lost to two mediocre teams, but still got home field advantage all the way through the playoffs (yes, they had some help from higher-seeded teams that lost). But they'd probably have to lose four games to get a low enough seed to have to play on the road.

AllWeatherFan said:
brewskis said:
I'm thinking NDSU drops a couple this season. Which would be HUGE if it would get them on the road in the playoffs and not in their comfy little grain silo.

You raise a good point. Last year UNDSU lost to two mediocre teams, but still got home field advantage all the way through the playoffs (yes, they had some help from higher-seeded teams that lost). But they'd probably have to lose four games to get a low enough seed to have to play on the road.

If NDSU loses 3 games this season, I can't imagine they'd get a top-2 seed. They would still probably get a 3 or 4 seed, which would give them home field advantage in the first round and quarterfinals, but then on the road it would be for the semis... that is if the higher seeds on their side of the bracket are still alive by then.

NDSU matchup in Iowa City should be a barometer, previous renditions of bison would have fared well. But these Hawkeyes are no ISU Cyclones.

But as posted earlier for fcs consideration, their resume over past seasons will buffer the sting of any loses in playoff consideration.

Noted that NDSU does play SDSU, UNI and USD all on the road this season.

Back