• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To compete or not to compete.

Will we compete this year?

• Yes.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • No.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Depends....

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Is this a serious question?

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Bobcats suck.

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Bobcats really suck.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Who the f**k are the bobcats?

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...I think Bobby has his sights on the bigger picture..how can the Griz start completing with NDSU and JMU...
one piece at a time..players will come and players will go but the strong will survive..he's shaking down the
players to see what players that he can build off..we need to trust the system and in the future it will pay off..

GO BIG GO GRIZ!

Mavman said:
I'm soooo confused by you my fellow griz fans!
1. some say the talent was there but the coaches were terrible?
2. some say with coach Hauck playoffs are a sure thing?
3. some say no talent on team and coach Hauck needs 2 years?
4. some say with QB leaving we are screwed?

If the griz were one win away from playoffs last year, and have "better" coaches and a lot of the same talent returning, shouldn't they be able to get to the playoffs this year?

I believe there is a lot of talent and now we have coaches.
Hauck's leadership will lead this team to playoff's!
No talent on team, if not, with Bobby, he can coach them into be talented.
QB leaving is not as bad as some claim. Bobby will find a suitable replacement.

One win away last year with a Stitt coached team. I believe with this Hauck coached team it is the playoffs and not a one win and then get knocked out playoff run.

MTGRZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
MTGRZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
ABQ, that was a long, thought out post. Obviously trying to ruffle some feathers, which isn't hard to do, especially today of all days.
With that being said, I honestly can't say I think you're too far off. I'd be surprised to see a losing record, but I think you're right with the 6-5, 7-4 ball park. If everything goes the Griz way, I'd say the ceiling is 8-3. That, or anything more will truly be impressive.

Agreed with both you cats. Hell, before today I would have said 7-4 was realistic and probable. Now, I think 6-5 is a step in the right direction. Or as you guys like to say, "trending upward." I won't lose faith even if we go 5-6 (or worse). I think Bobby and the boys have always viewed Sneed as a bridge to something better. He has said many times that it takes years (more than 2) to change a teams culture and create the environment he wants.

This is something you know well,as your golden coach has had 2 losing seasons now; but he is still looked upon with infatuated school girl eyes by cat fans. Sneed has always been the plan. Kid who can escape pressure, minimize turnovers, manage the game, and most importantly he brings the fire and enthusiasm that Hauck wants. The 2021 season will be the season to judge Hauck.

So after 2 seasons with Choate, you can judge what he’s done or not done, and imply that Cat fans are infatuated with someone that hasn’t done anything yet. BUT Hauck gets his 2 seasons without judgement and in 2021 you can take a look at what he’s done and judge then. Am I getting that correct?

Not agreeing or disagreeing with anything there, just want to make sure I understand the post. Don’t want this to turn into another Choate discussion, egriz seems to have that covered pretty well lately.

The rest of your post I do agree with.

Yes, I am implying cat fans are smitten with Choate after two losing seasons. Personally I think Choate is doing a damn good job over there. I said all last season that the cats were better than their record-and it showed in late November. But I also agree with Hauck and Choate when they say it takes more than one or two seasons to build the program they want. My intent was not to imply that Hauck gets a four year pass and Choate does not. They both should be truly judged on their fourth year in my opinion.

My point was that we need to be patient. Yes Choate has two losing season; but I believe he is getting things truly turned around over there. But I will wait until after his fourth year to really assess that program. Hauck should be given until after his fourth year as well. Things do not change overnight; and as fans we need to remember that.

My slight jabs were nothing more than mandatory barbs that come with discussing one's rival. :thumb:

Fair enough, no issues with that.

It’s honestly nice to see a griz fan be reasonable in their assessment of both sides.
Jensen leaving is one step back, but I think Hauck will eventually have the griz back at the top of the Big Sky, competing for conference titles, it just might be 2-3 years from now. I feel the same with Choate, I think he’s stockpiling talent and its (hopefully) a matter of time before that starts to pay off. I think this year is the year to see something. Not calling for the conference title quite yet, but if they can go 7-4 with another tough schedule this year, I’d be happy with year 3. With their schedule, that would most likely mean a playoff spot as well.

Hauck won't allow for the team to not compete. NO more laughing/joking after a lost fumble, or a dropped pass. Whether that translates to W's is going to depend greatly on if the staff can find some drop downs to cover up the massive holes in the roster.

MTGRZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
MTGRZ said:
Agreed with both you cats. Hell, before today I would have said 7-4 was realistic and probable. Now, I think 6-5 is a step in the right direction. Or as you guys like to say, "trending upward." I won't lose faith even if we go 5-6 (or worse). I think Bobby and the boys have always viewed Sneed as a bridge to something better. He has said many times that it takes years (more than 2) to change a teams culture and create the environment he wants.

This is something you know well,as your golden coach has had 2 losing seasons now; but he is still looked upon with infatuated school girl eyes by cat fans. Sneed has always been the plan. Kid who can escape pressure, minimize turnovers, manage the game, and most importantly he brings the fire and enthusiasm that Hauck wants. The 2021 season will be the season to judge Hauck.

So after 2 seasons with Choate, you can judge what he’s done or not done, and imply that Cat fans are infatuated with someone that hasn’t done anything yet. BUT Hauck gets his 2 seasons without judgement and in 2021 you can take a look at what he’s done and judge then. Am I getting that correct?

Not agreeing or disagreeing with anything there, just want to make sure I understand the post. Don’t want this to turn into another Choate discussion, egriz seems to have that covered pretty well lately.

The rest of your post I do agree with.

Yes, I am implying cat fans are smitten with Choate after two losing seasons. Personally I think Choate is doing a damn good job over there. I said all last season that the cats were better than their record-and it showed in late November. But I also agree with Hauck and Choate when they say it takes more than one or two seasons to build the program they want. My intent was not to imply that Hauck gets a four year pass and Choate does not. They both should be truly judged on their fourth year in my opinion.

My point was that we need to be patient. Yes Choate has two losing season; but I believe he is getting things truly turned around over there. But I will wait until after his fourth year to really assess that program. Hauck should be given until after his fourth year as well. Things do not change overnight; and as fans we need to remember that.

My slight jabs were nothing more than mandatory barbs that come with discussing one's rival. :thumb:

I do find it hilarious you're willing to give Hauck 4 years. This isn't a rebuild. There's holes to plug, sure, but it's not like he fucking inherited Portland State.

AZGrizFan said:
I do find it hilarious you're willing to give Hauck 4 years. This isn't a rebuild. There's holes to plug, sure, but it's not like he f***[*] inherited Portland State.

I think 3 years minimum for the program to get back to a National Championship level.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
I do find it hilarious you're willing to give Hauck 4 years. This isn't a rebuild. There's holes to plug, sure, but it's not like he f***[*] inherited Portland State.

I think 3 years minimum for the program to get back to a National Championship level.

How about to playoffs and BSC championship level? I say 2019.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

I will reserve judgement on year 2 until I see how year 1 unfolds. I don't see playoffs in year 1, but want to see how this team responds to the coaches and finish the season.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

I believe playoffs this year. Possibly Big Sky title as well. NC, Not this year.

A favorable conference schedule (no EWU, Weber, or NAU this year) has me believing this team could still go 7-4. But a serious injury or two at any position(s) where we lack depth (QB, CB, OL, LB), and I could see them falling to 6-5 or even 5-6.

#RTD-LOL-IMO

Back