• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Top 25 in the History of 1-AA

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
It's an alright post by Alabama. There's a flaw in his numbers, but I'll let ya'll try and find it before I disclose it later tonight. :cool: :cool:
Waiting patiently. :)
:D

Your "best 10 years" (00-09 for the Griz) and best 10 years in conference play (also 00-09 for the Griz) both have the same number of games, 119-23....either one of those figures is incorrect or the 119-23 for their best "conference" run includes non conference games, which wasn't clear by your section headers.
Sorry for the confusion. All records include not only all regular season games but all playoff games also. The only difference between any conference totals and all time totals is if a team is in more then one conference or also been an independent. Hopes this clears everything up.

I kind of figured. ;) Just razzin' ya since everybody else was so damned effusive in their praise...didn't want you to get such a big head.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Waiting patiently. :)
:D

Your "best 10 years" (00-09 for the Griz) and best 10 years in conference play (also 00-09 for the Griz) both have the same number of games, 119-23....either one of those figures is incorrect or the 119-23 for their best "conference" run includes non conference games, which wasn't clear by your section headers.
Sorry for the confusion. All records include not only all regular season games but all playoff games also. The only difference between any conference totals and all time totals is if a team is in more then one conference or also been an independent. Hopes this clears everything up.

I kind of figured. ;) Just razzin' ya since everybody else was so damned effusive in their praise...didn't want you to get such a big head.
Too late. ;) Honestly though you got me wanting to add confrence opponent records also. It's already too much.

Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
One more thing Alabama.......thanks for keeping your post half as long as the normal um75 post.

Love your brevity.

:coffee:

No shit.
Like either of you two miscreants read that post.

If you did, what did it say?

NDSU is really good, we're pretty good...the rest was just a bunch of stats and crap, I got bored and will wait for the movie.

jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
One more thing Alabama.......thanks for keeping your post half as long as the normal um75 post.

Love your brevity.

:coffee:

No shit.
Like either of you two miscreants read that post.

If you did, what did it say?

NDSU is really good, we're pretty good...the rest was just a bunch of stats and crap, I got bored and will wait for the movie.

Just let me know when it's available on Redbox.

Actually you can't include any of NDSU's championships, since they all came after 1-AA was changed to FCS in 2006. Puts a dent in App. State, too. That should move us up a spot or two.

NDSU is easily the best FCS team of all time, ASU is second. I'd go with EWU third because they've been in the semis multiple times to go along with their championship. Might have to go with Sam Houston as fourth. I'd put us ahead of Richmond and Villanova. We had two runnerups and two semi appearances if you count the one that we had stripped for NCAA violations.

NDSU - 5 (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
ASU - 2 (2006, 2007)
Richmond - 1 (2008)
Villanova - 1 (2009)
EWU - 1 (2010)

getgrizzy said:
Actually you can't include any of NDSU's championships, since they all came after 1-AA was changed to FCS in 2006. Puts a dent in App. State, too. That should move us up a spot or two.

NDSU is easily the best FCS team of all time, ASU is second. I'd go with EWU third because they've been in the semis multiple times to go along with their championship. Might have to go with Sam Houston as fourth. I'd put us ahead of Richmond and Villanova. We had two runnerups and two semi appearances if you count the one that we had stripped for NCAA violations.

ASU - 2 (2006, 2007)
Richmond - 1 (2008)
Villanova - 1 (2009)
EWU - 1 (2010)

Nothing changed going from I-AA to FCS other than the name.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

ASU - 2 (2006, 2007)
Richmond - 1 (2008)
Villanova - 1 (2009)
EWU - 1 (2010)

Nothing changed going from I-AA to FCS other than the name.
I know.

Very impressive post.....only thing I disagree with is that NDSU will move up to FBS anytime soon. It would be suicide if they did.

getgrizzy said:

ASU - 2 (2006, 2007)
Richmond - 1 (2008)
Villanova - 1 (2009)
EWU - 1 (2010)

Are you freaking drunk?

BadlandsGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:

ASU - 2 (2006, 2007)
Richmond - 1 (2008)
Villanova - 1 (2009)
EWU - 1 (2010)

Are you freaking drunk?
No, why do ask? ewu won it all in 2010 and was in semis in 2012 and 2013.

getgrizzy said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
getgrizzy said:

ASU - 2 (2006, 2007)
Richmond - 1 (2008)
Villanova - 1 (2009)
EWU - 1 (2010)

Are you freaking drunk?
No, why do ask? ewu won it all in 2010 and was in semis in 2012 and 2013.

Nevermind I see that you were being a smart ass and only considering teams since the label of FCS.....

I think we need more data...

But in the meantime, I never get weary of seeing how bad MSU really is.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Very impressive post.....only thing I disagree with is that NDSU will move up to FBS anytime soon. It would be suicide if they did.

Elaborate. Why would ndsu moving up be suicide? I'm on the fence about it and don't know enough to have an informative opinion but I think ndsu could easily compete for a ranked position now let alone what they could do with some extra schollies. I don't think their attendance would suffer much either because isn't their stadium actually fairly small given their fan base? I feel like ndsu could fill a stadium the size of wa griz easier than we could

Eriul said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Elaborate. Why would ndsu moving up be suicide? I'm on the fence about it and don't know enough to have an informative opinion but I think ndsu could easily compete for a ranked position now let alone what they could do with some extra schollies. I don't think their attendance would suffer much either because isn't their stadium actually fairly small given their fan base? I feel like ndsu could fill a stadium the size of wa griz easier than we could
Geography would be an issue w/ the Mtn West. 1800 miles from San Diego to Fargo and New Mexico, San Jose, UNLV, Fresno, and Nevada ain't a lot closer, not to mention Hawaii. The MAC would be a great fit though. Mostly mid west teams and only 13 teams in the con with 7 from the east and 6 from the west. I could see them winning it right away too.

Back