• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Top 25 in the History of 1-AA

Well we should hope they do it soon. No other team is winning the title until they do, and since WE apparently have no desire/ability to move up, we'd better pray that THEY do.

AZGrizFan said:
Well we should hope they do it soon. No other team is winning the title until they do, and since WE apparently have no desire/ability to move up, we'd better pray that THEY do.

A little extreme don't you think?

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

After 5 in a row and no signs of slowing down, I don't think so. THIS was the year they were NOT supposed to win it.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

After 5 in a row and no signs of slowing down, I don't think so. THIS was the year they were NOT supposed to win it.

So you're saying if NDSU doesn't move up you would take them to win the next 5 championships over the field winning none?

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

So you're saying if NDSU doesn't move up you would take them to win the next 5 championships over the field winning none?

Barring a spate of injuries, yes.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

Well if you're so sure take $100 bucks to vegas and I'm sure someone would bet you that. You could make a fortune on it because odds are significantly not in your favor on that one.

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

The next 2 for sure

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well if you're so sure take $100 bucks to vegas and I'm sure someone would bet you that. You could make a fortune on it because odds are significantly not in your favor on that one.

No shit, Sherlock.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

No shit, Sherlock.

Then do it. You join the ranks of stupid things people say without thinking. Like you're legit saying that in the next 5 years it is more likely for NDSU to win all 5 then for the field to win 1. That's insane. Your odds are probably around 150 to 1 if not worse.

jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
One more thing Alabama.......thanks for keeping your post half as long as the normal um75 post.

Love your brevity.

:coffee:

No shit.
Like either of you two miscreants read that post.

If you did, what did it say?

NDSU is really good, we're pretty good...the rest was just a bunch of stats and crap, I got bored and will wait for the movie.

A movie? Who plays the statistically brilliant, never ambiguous ABG? How about the AZ twins?

bgbigdog said:
jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
jodcon said:
Like either of you two miscreants read that post.

If you did, what did it say?

NDSU is really good, we're pretty good...the rest was just a bunch of stats and crap, I got bored and will wait for the movie.

A movie? Who plays the statistically brilliant, never ambiguous ABG? How about the AZ twins?
fonzie_henry_winkler_happy_days.jpg

alg-dumb-and-dumber-jpg.jpg

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

No shit, Sherlock.

Then do it. You join the ranks of stupid things people say without thinking. Like you're legit saying that in the next 5 years it is more likely for NDSU to win all 5 then for the field to win 1. That's insane. Your odds are probably around 150 to 1 if not worse.

Wonder what the odds were the LAST 5 years? :roll: :roll: The rest of FCS is getting WORSE, not better. The gap is widening. If you don't see that, you're either blind or in some serious denial.

Eriul said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Very impressive post.....only thing I disagree with is that NDSU will move up to FBS anytime soon. It would be suicide if they did.

Elaborate. Why would ndsu moving up be suicide? I'm on the fence about it and don't know enough to have an informative opinion but I think ndsu could easily compete for a ranked position now let alone what they could do with some extra schollies. I don't think their attendance would suffer much either because isn't their stadium actually fairly small given their fan base? I feel like ndsu could fill a stadium the size of wa griz easier than we could

There is zero interest from the MWC schools in the Bison. There is very little support among the NDSU fan base for a move to FBS. Add that to the fact that the Fargodome is about 15,000 seats short and that oil is below $30 a barrel. A new stadium would have to be an indoor facility since the games later in the season would be too cold for the casual fans. It ain't happenin' in my lifetime.

WYOBISONMAN said:
Eriul said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Very impressive post.....only thing I disagree with is that NDSU will move up to FBS anytime soon. It would be suicide if they did.

Elaborate. Why would ndsu moving up be suicide? I'm on the fence about it and don't know enough to have an informative opinion but I think ndsu could easily compete for a ranked position now let alone what they could do with some extra schollies. I don't think their attendance would suffer much either because isn't their stadium actually fairly small given their fan base? I feel like ndsu could fill a stadium the size of wa griz easier than we could

There is zero interest from the MWC schools in the Bison. There is very little support among the NDSU fan base for a move to FBS. Add that to the fact that the Fargodome is about 15,000 seats short and that oil is below $30 a barrel. A new stadium would have to be an indoor facility since the games later in the season would be too cold for the casual fans. It ain't happenin' in my lifetime.

The more I think about this, the more I agree. It's pretty well established that it's a fairly fickle and new fan base. I don't think they would tolerate losing very well. I agree that the Shed wouldn't cut it as a FBS facility. They would have to cut a deal with the Golden Gophers to use their stadium or something. Finally, I don't know how their other sports are. I think I remember them playing the Zags in the tournament a while back, but that might have been UND. Not sure.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

No shit, Sherlock.

Wonder what the odds were the LAST 5 years? :roll: :roll: The rest of FCS is getting WORSE, not better. The gap is widening. If you don't see that, you're either blind or in some serious denial.

I'm not denying what they did was great. But saying odds are in their favor to do it again in the next 5 years is simply wrong

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
No shit, Sherlock.

I'm not denying what they did was great. But saying odds are in their favor to do it again in the next 5 years is simply wrong

Its wishful thinking by butt hurt Griz fans, it isnt wrong.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

Its wishful thinking by butt hurt Griz fans, it isnt wrong.

You don't understand probability so it's ok. You don't understand a lot of things.

Thanks for your pop psychology and mathematics lesson! You should probably get back to making 200k a year and leave football for people that have a clue.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Thanks for your pop psychology and mathematics lesson! You should probably get back to making 200k a year and leave football for people that have a clue.

Yah? like you? Tell me again how Kroy and Dan are tearing up the NFL right now while the likes of Trumaine Johnson is just lucky to have a roster spot.

Back