• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tweet from Reese....

I have not been a resident of Missoula for about 10 years. I once had a pulse on the community as a long time mortgage lender in Missoula but not so much now. Maybe someone can track those businesses who advertise with that rag and let them know the displeasure the Griz Nation has with the Missoulian and get them to pull the ads. You all know the quickest way to get someone's attention is thru their pocket book.
Those businesses who pull their ads are the ones Griz Nation should support..Those who don't ..not so much. By my recollection I would guess that at least 15% of the Missoula residents are Griz fans. That could put a serious dent in the Missoulian Coffers without ad money. Maybe , just maybe this could get their attention!

CDAGRIZ said:
BILLYBEAR said:
The photo is still up and they are selling it! I sent this email to Kathy Best

The photo you have posted of Reese Phillips is about as classless as I have ever seen. On top of it, it is posted for sale. How the hell do you and the Missoulian get off on making money off of this young Mans misfortune. This photo does not need to be etched into any ones mind.. Take the photo down! News flash for you.. My family who resides in Missoula will never spend a cent for your paper nor will I or any of my business associates ever advertise with this Rag again! Its a shame that Reese can't sue your paper for using his photo without consent. I believe a complete boycott of your paper is in order.
They're trying to sell it now? Talk about doubling down! This is officially bananaland.
Are you serious? That is below classless. Yes, I know there are people out there who "get off" on such crap. But to cater to those sickos shows just how desperate they really are. Somebody ... please say it ain't so.

Just got a response from Kathy.. She said that button for buy now is auto filled and was an error and they will remove the button. Its still total classless bullshit they wont take the photo down

BILLYBEAR said:
Just got a response from Kathy.. She said that button for buy now is auto filled and was an error and they will remove the button. Its still total classless bullshit they wont take the photo down

I honestly think this is 100% a dying medium trying to stay relevant. That's the only explanation to act this way.

Boss: Johnson, how do we keep page views up when all we really offer are obits and hair salon ads?
Johnson: IDK, boss. Everyone gets news elsewhere, and the sports stuff is mostly recap instead of insight.
Boss: You mean Colon and his Skyview sporting thing gets more access than us?
Johnson: Yep.
Boss: And people can get weather and other local news via free outlets?
Boss: Does this mean absolutely nobody has to rely on us for news anymore?
Boss: You're fired.

Saw the video today, of the child be hit by a line drive at a Yankees game against Minnesota. Players were near tears, including Todd Frazier who hit the ball. What I found interesting, was that the announcer said, "it's a little to graphic to show you". And that's on ESPN, so obviously the excuse about it needing to be shown my the Missoulian plays little outside of the world of the Missoulian.

by ordigger » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Saw the video today, of the child be hit by a line drive at a Yankees game against Minnesota. Players were near tears, including Todd Frazier who hit the ball. What I found interesting, was that the announcer said, "it's a little to graphic to show you". And that's on ESPN, so obviously the excuse about it needing to be shown my the Missoulian plays little outside of the world of the Missoulian.

Confused - you watched on the video but it wasn't published????????????? Or it just wasn't published in the Missoulian?????

My last post on this subject (to some of your relief I suppose). The crux of this is freedom of the press. My Grandfather, my Father (WW2 in N. Africa and Italy), and millions of others served to protect this type of freedom. Without it we have you and a bunch of other meatheads censoring what we see based on what you think we should see. The alternative then becomes those with the power and money control what we see as information. I swear some of you have some sort of spastic reaction with your hands and wrists clicking on everything you see even though you know you shouldn't. You have a choice - just don't click. For the ones that called the photo "clickbait" I guess you are the rats. Personally I never went to the Missoulian. I saw what transpired on TV, saw the photo posted first on this forum and felt no need to go back.

sdk.catfish said:
by ordigger » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Confused - you watched on the video but it wasn't published????????????? Or it just wasn't published in the Missoulian?????

My last post on this subject (to some of your relief I suppose). The crux of this is freedom of the press. My Grandfather, my Father (WW2 in N. Africa and Italy), and millions of others served to protect this type of freedom. Without it we have you and a bunch of other meatheads censoring what we see based on what you think we should see. The alternative then becomes those with the power and money control what we see as information. I swear some of you have some sort of spastic reaction with your hands and wrists clicking on everything you see even though you know you shouldn't. You have a choice - just don't click. For the ones that called the photo "clickbait" I guess you are the rats. Personally I never went to the Missoulian. I saw what transpired on TV, saw the photo posted first on this forum and felt no need to go back.
During the baseball game he was watching a girl got hit by a foul ball. ESPN never put a camera on her as she was sent to the hospital so it was clearly not a great sight. Considering their success, I would think that ESPN knows how to do it right. kudos to the mothership not showing the injured girl.

Back