• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at EWU (Saturday)

Eag3.jpg

Great road win when the team did not play particularly well. Great to see them finish the way they did.

Packed our brooms on this trip, Boys!!! :thumb:

Very good weekend for UM... they will probably be the only team to sweep these two on the road all year.

EWU... is the biggest bunch of panty waist whiners (coaches included) in all of basketball. Every call, every turnover is a chance to whine. And in the end the refs got tired of it and stopped giving them any help.

I guess those early killer games are paying off.

Paytonlives said:
Very good weekend for UM... they will probably be the only team to sweep these two on the road all year.

EWU... is the biggest bunch of panty waist whiners (coaches included) in all of basketball. Every call, every turnover is a chance to whine. And in the end the refs got tired of it and stopped giving them any help.

Yep. Not going to be many teams sweep this trip.

Yep. Heyfert has always been that way, and it's clear he's coached-up his crew.

This game was a nice progression; some poor, very poor shooting the first half, but still kept in there remarkably well. Came out the second half, shooting much better, getting three times the fouls on Eastern, then playing the last minute very well, while Eags played it like sh--.

Every phase of the game a progression forward.

Griz backcourt came through again....

Thank goodness Krslovic didn't get in foul trouble... needed him against Wiley, who got a ton of boards and scored quite a bit... but the damage could have been a lot worse....K did get burned a few times by the big white guy with the Slavic name... but overall his defense was effective

grizonbob said:
Hayford gets a T... did he figure there was no hope of winning?
UMGriz75 said:
Police preparing to protect officials, Rorie gets one FT, 65-59 Griz.
Damned intense! Back and forth all the way.

Good one "75" :thumb:

Can see why the EWU coach would blow a fuse ... half again as many fouls called on EWU as on the Griz. And the made fouls shots were the difference: Griz 16 for 24, EWU 7 of 8. Without that 9-point plus, the Griz lose by 3 ... need something to win when you shot less than 28% on treys. But then, they didn't exactly light it up from outside either. In fact, the other stats were pretty well even. But when the Griz are playing their mobile, slashing style right, they're bound to force the other team to foul ... and that, IMO, was what happened (busy web, so the stream was hard to follow).

Whatever ... a road sweep! GO GRIZ! :egriz:

Thanks for all the updates at the end. With about one minute to go it went to replay for me.

Good win. Maybe an eag fan can answer this for me. Is the student section right behind your announcer? That's super distracting. Don't get me wrong. It's great for your team to have that support going on and I wish our student section had a better pulse but, holy shit, it's hard not to turn down the volume on the stream.

PeauxRouge said:
Good win. Maybe an eag fan can answer this for me. Is the student section right behind your announcer? That's super distracting. Don't get me wrong. It's great for your team to have that support going on and I wish our student section had a better pulse but, holy shit, it's hard not to turn down the volume on the stream.

Just regular fans. Student section is on the other side of the court. There weren't many students at the game today since school hasn't picked back up yet.

EWURanger29 said:
PeauxRouge said:

Just regular fans. Student section is on the other side of the court. There weren't many students at the game today since school hasn't picked back up yet.

Glad you guys get good participation. Cripes, our crowd often feels like they are half in the grave at most games.

Paytonlives said:

Only egriz would have a "Moderator" as stupid as you.

Latest posts

Back