• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at home vs. UNC (Thursday Jan. 12th)

The good guys keep moving the ball around without dribbling like they did for most of this game, this conference does not stand a chance. The first half was beautiful. The assist to baskets made ratio was quite nice. Add the big bodies coming in next year, and lights out. Bookmark that prediction..

Geddes said:
The good guys keep moving the ball around without dribbling like they did for most of this game, this conference does not stand a chance. The first half was beautiful. The assist to baskets made ratio was quite nice. Add the big bodies coming in next year, and lights out. Bookmark that prediction..
If only Weber State would cooperate.

UMGriz75 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
'68griz said:
Anybody know why the PSU -NAU game was postponed? Weather?
Correct
Babies.

moXOnHx.jpg

Solid Bball post.

Fascinating conversation on the noco board concerning the game.

Oh what the fuck am i saying? This is the bsc; there is not one single post on their board regarding the game.

Great job of taking care of business by the Griz tonight. Beat nodak!

Geddes said:

The team is very unselfish and was even moreso in this game. I liked how the players looked to Spoja and the other guy late in the game. Pridgett did it several times. By the way, I love his no look passes.

The team is truly 10 deep. Each of the 10 is capable of having a big or fairly big night.

The defense is very good and was relentless last night. Was very consistent too, until later in game when the game was not in doubt. Some defenders are better than others, but there seem to be fewer lapses and fewer weak plays from lack of anticipation or hustle.

Very athletic. Too bad there isn't another big man this year, and being greedy, a really big man (needed only against a few teams). I hear the transfers sitting this year are very good. Wish Samuelson would magically grow a few more inches.

Very fun team to watch. Don't understand why the crowds aren't bigger.

Griz really jumped UNC last night. Early and long. Great shooting. Nice ball movement. Don't know why UNC continued to double team down low and sack so much and so long, when UM was knocking down most of their 3's.. I would have called a couple more timeouts fairly early.

Refs were good overall. Very few ticky tacky fouls. One ref blew a call, calling a reach on a Griz on a drive where the Griz got all ball, when there were about 25 fans with the exact same or even better views. 20 of those fans erupted immediately with brief criticism. The ref immediately smiled and kept smiling. He didn't shrug his shoulders or raise his hands a bit to indicate "sorry, I missed/blew it", but I think that's why he was thinking. Liked his reaction.

AllWeatherFan said:
Griz win, kitties lose, what's not to like?
With arguably one of the best shooters in the conference, what's up in Bozeman? As one poster at Wombat Nation laments: "This team can find any number of ways to lose."

Toward the end of the post-game interview on radio last night, Riley Corcoran asked coach DeCuire who he tabbed as game MVP (mentioning each of the four Griz who scored in double digits). DeCuire briefly complemented each, but then said (paraphrasing here) "But the one guy who epitomized Grizzly basketball the most out on the floor tonight was Sayeed Pridgett." He went on to explain that Pridgett's production-per-minute ratio was outstanding and singled him out for going out of his way to find open players with passes that ended up in scores. He noted that Pridgett could have made the move to score on his own, but instead found other players that were "more open." He said that as Montana's assist-to-turnover ratio as a team climbs, the entire team gains more knowledge on how to play as a unit. "Sayeed did that tonight," said DeCuire. And it made us a better team by the end of the game.

Said a lot about the growing team cohesiveness... and the coach.

Also: Congrats to coach DeCuire on becoming the second-fastest UM coach to 50 wins (behind Blaine Taylor).

grizzlyjournal said:
Toward the end of the post-game interview on radio last night, Riley Corcoran asked coach DeCuire who he tabbed as game MVP (mentioning each of the four Griz who scored in double digits). DeCuire briefly complemented each, but then said (paraphrasing here) "But the one guy who epitomized Grizzly basketball the most out on the floor tonight was Sayeed Pridgett." He went on to explain that Pridgett's production-per-minute ratio was outstanding and singled him out for going out of his way to find open players with passes that ended up in scores. He noted that Pridgett could have made the move to score on his own, but instead found other players that were "more open." He said that as Montana's assist-to-turnover ratio as a team climbs, the entire team gains more knowledge on how to play as a unit. "Sayeed did that tonight," said DeCuire. And it made us a better team by the end of the game.

Also: Congrats to coach DeCuire on becoming the second-fastest UM coach to 50 wins (behind Blaine Taylor).

I loved that quote too, GJ. He specifically pointed out that SP passed up open opportunities for himself to get both Spoja and AMW baskets.

grizzlyjournal said:

I really hope the Griz are able to keep DeCuire add coach for awhile. I really like the culture being developed by this team!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back