• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM hosts Idaho (Saturday Jan. 28th)

Gametime said:
fanofzoo said:
GrizLA said:
I just don't get the somnolent atmosphere at Dahlberg, game after game. There is a church a mile away from me in SC that has more spirit and life than a crowd at UM.

It is pathetic the way people just sit there. Grrrrrr

The arena sucks. The layout is awful. The students don't care and should be on the sidelines. Go to a Gonzaga game sometime and watch how it is done. Haslem just sits, watches and does nothing. I have never seen an AD who does less and is completely afraid to rock the boat or make any changes.

GT, both O'Day and Haslam tried to resurrect the Zoo, and each gave the students the chance to show up and put their money where their mouths were. It was an abject failure in both cases.

EverettGriz said:
Gametime said:
fanofzoo said:
GrizLA said:
I just don't get the somnolent atmosphere at Dahlberg, game after game. There is a church a mile away from me in SC that has more spirit and life than a crowd at UM.

The arena sucks. The layout is awful. The students don't care and should be on the sidelines. Go to a Gonzaga game sometime and watch how it is done. Haslem just sits, watches and does nothing. I have never seen an AD who does less and is completely afraid to rock the boat or make any changes.

GT, both O'Day and Haslam tried to resurrect the Zoo, and each gave the students the chance to show up and put their money where their mouths were. It was an abject failure in both cases.
That is totally true. And, when I've talked with a variety of today's UM students, they simply are not interested.

Gametime said:
fanofzoo said:
GrizLA said:

Arena layout is fine......fans close to the floor and the "bowl" effect they added at remodel much better than the configuration we had before. Best basketball arena in Montana by far and has to be one of best 2 or 3 in the conference. Seating prior to remodel set for game floor running perpendicular to where it does today.

I noticed the other night at Griz/Cat that the GA section (those horrible old bleachers!!) was comfortably "packed" but the south end reserve seats far from full. Many of those reserved seats not nearly as close the action as the GA end so pretty obvious why people won't spend extra just for seat with a seat back and number on it. I think they should consider re-pricing the arena and make more GA sections at slightly lower price.

Back