• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. NDak Saturday (January 14)

Very good home stand. ND is a good basketball team.

Great job on Hooker. Completely took him out of his game. Had the Griz shot 3s and FTs at their averages, this game isnt close.

Lets go get a couple on the road. Go GRIZ!!

Glad the Griz got this win. They made plays when they had to, but the game shouldn't have been that close. The pushed it out to 8 or 9 points multiple times and looked like they were closing the door and then made mistakes that let them back in the game (multiple 4 point plays, uggh.) Make no mistake, the Hawks didn't will themselves back into the game, the Griz allowed them back in. In the end, it doesn't matter, they got the win and gutted it out. Rorie, Walter, Fab, and Jack all played really well! Glad Jack's family was there to witness it!

got home late from the game. how did Crandall end up with 28 points? that seemed like a pretty quite production, guy can flat out play though. I agree with a lot of the other posts here, this should not have been a close game. Fouls on 3 point shooting is just ridiculous. There were some turn overs that were real head scratchers. I think it was Samuelson that tossed it right to Crandall under the basket after clearing a rebound resulting in a bunny.
one last note, I dont get the ticket system. I tried like hell last Sunday to get 3 tickets online and it seemed like the place was sold out. I dont remember how many times I went through the purchase only to see crappy seats, release those, select new and see they were even worse.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
got home late from the game. how did Crandall end up with 28 points? that seemed like a pretty quite production, guy can flat out play though. I agree with a lot of the other posts here, this should not have been a close game. Fouls on 3 point shooting is just ridiculous. There were some turn overs that were real head scratchers. I think it was Samuelson that tossed it right to Crandall under the basket after clearing a rebound resulting in a bunny.
one last note, I dont get the ticket system. I tried like hell last Sunday to get 3 tickets online and it seemed like the place was sold out. I dont remember how many times I went through the purchase only to see crappy seats, release those, select new and see they were even worse.

Actually Morehead threw that ball to UND under he hoop

It was a game we should have won by 15. We just couldn't get over the hump, and UND made some big shots. Two four-point plays didn't help. We shot poorly for a few long stretches.

Crandall made some insane shots - had a career night. He's a bit of a head case, but a very good player. Plays above the rim.

We keyed on Hooker and made him look very average. It opened the door for Crandall.

Attendance last night was reported at the game as 3700 and some change. Still were alot of lower section seats open and obviously a good number of upper level seats as well. I tried to get lower level seats and was told there werent enough available for my party of 6 though there were several spots that would have accomodated us. Was perfectly willing to pay the price for better seats. Hopefully the university is managing ticket sales such that they can sell as many seats as possible and do their best to fill the better seats first which promotes a better experience for the fan and the University as they would make more money.

cmtgrizzly said:
Attendance last night was reported at the game as 3700 and some change. Still were alot of lower section seats open and obviously a good number of upper level seats as well. I tried to get lower level seats and was told there werent enough available for my party of 6 though there were several spots that would have accomodated us. Was perfectly willing to pay the price for better seats. Hopefully the university is managing ticket sales such that they can sell as many seats as possible and do their best to fill the better seats first which promotes a better experience for the fan and the University as they would make more money.

Agree. at half time the wife told me to stop bitching about it.

Went to the game and glad I did.

It is great not knowing who will be scoring other than Rorie. Terrific guards on each team. Crandell was great to watch for UND. In addition to a great floor game, loved the game he played with Alumni Band. It was as entertaining as anything he did on the court. After his 5th foul, the band was doing the "Left, Right, Left, Right..............." chant. They never did get to "Sit Down" Crandell honestly never did not sit down after fouling out. He was eying them as well. I absolutely loved it. A visiting player did not give the home team band the satisfaction of ribbing him. Speaking Crandell, I thought he was by far a more complete player than Booker. Definitely a very under rated player in the conference.

Good thing that Krslovic and Lopez each had solid scoring games. Krslovic did some Andrew Strait like fakes and footwork to get his points. That was the smoothest I've seen Krslovic in the post, so far in any game. Love the versatility of offenses the GRIZ run and how they can utilize different players in different situations so seamlessly. Wright and Rorie are an absolute handful to contain when the GRIZ spread the court and clear out.

As for tickets, I ordered my tickets online for section 202. That went well . However, I too am willing to pay extra for an option to purchase 1st level seating. I love sitting closer to action and more importantly, feel it is beneficial to the team to have as many fans as possible filling the 1st level. The university really does need to figure out a way to offer 1st level tickets to be for sale. It would generate a little extra revenue, be a better fan experience, and improve the environment. It is absolutely wrong and ridiculous to not have those seats for sale to the public. If profit is not a priority, then do the 8 minute dash every home game!! Quit penalizing the attending fans and the team for the lack of support by those are actually accommodated to have those tickets!!! Show the F up, or lose the seats to those who can and will be at games!!!!!

Defensively the GRIZ perimeter defense is outstanding. They do a great job fighting through screens, staying to their assignments, and limiting open 3 point shots for the better shooters. The main reason, the depth of defenders the GRIZ can send at opposing defenders. Oguine gets most the credit for being an elite shutdown defender. However, Rorie, Wright, Pridgett, and Dunn (when he plays) are all great defenders as well. Lopez is extremely versatile and can defend the perimeter and the post as well. The only weakness is, no consistent paint presence when teams do get inside. That will change for the better next season.

Great game GRIZ, go get 2 next weekend.

bigtyme said:
Dunn still hurt or guard roster too deep? And man do I love me some Jack Lopez. He has progressed nicely!

Both. He's still hurt and the roster is too deep. He's not ever gonna have a significant role, I don't think, but he'll be in invaluable sub when he's ready.

cmtgrizzly said:

UM reports tickets "distributed" not actual attendance. That 3700, or whatever is reported is a made-up number in my mind. Many GAA/season ticket holders only attend half the games or less, but their numbers are counted whether they actually attend or not. I don't think there has been over 3000 actual fans to any games this year, IMO.

NorthEndZoneDan said:

Crandell is a stud, that is how he got 28 points. He's only a soph too. He's gonna be a hand-full for 2 more years after this, and perhaps a future league MVP. He's a trash-talking punk, but has the game to back it up.

Back