• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Sac St. (Thurs 2/16)

gfeller misses at the buzzer. I would say this is ridiculous but Katz is no dummy, he played to our weakness and that was in the post. They have big dudes and we just can't keep up there. F@ck.

Is there a favorite for the BSC tourney? With refs like this, and poor free throw shooting, any one of 8 could win.

GrizLA said:
Is there a favorite for the BSC tourney? With refs like this, and poor free throw shooting, any one of 8 could win.

Despite some weird losses, Weber is the favorite. I will be happy if the Griz win the tournament, but if not us, Weber needs to be the BSC pick.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz2k said:
GrizLA said:
UM just cannot win in a clutch game this season...

Even against teams they should be blowing out. Odd year.

Griz are not good enough to blow people out on most nights. They aren't that great of a team.

You're absolutely right. What should have been a great year has turned into a crapfest. It's sad to as there is so much talent on this team but the lack of any inside game is a real killer.

GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
PeauxRouge said:
Missed both...We don't deserve to win.

Well, not sure about that...two refs destroyed the game all by themselves, and Krisco did not do any favors but Sacto is a good team and very well coached....

Really....Sac is a good team?

yes.

You have a funny definition of good. A 9-14 team that was 2-8 on the road before tonight is far from good.

Griz2k said:
Swept by suc state. This team kills me.

It sucks this team got swept by suck st, but they don't have any bigs so they are not going to win the majority of their games. What kills me is that I have to sit and watch these games with refs that should be demoted to middle school B team basketball, and add to the fact that this team has talent and loses because the lack of inside play...

Griz2k said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz2k said:
GrizLA said:
UM just cannot win in a clutch game this season...

Even against teams they should be blowing out. Odd year.

Griz are not good enough to blow people out on most nights. They aren't that great of a team.

You're absolutely right. What should have been a great year has turned into a crapfest. It's sad to as there is so much talent on this team but the lack of any inside game is a real killer.

The biggest disappointment is losing 3 of the last 4 home games. This team was never going to be a top 3 team.

griznative24 said:
Griz2k said:
Swept by suc state. This team kills me.

It sucks this team got swept by suck st, but they don't have any bigs so they are not going to win the majority of their games. What kills me is that I have to sit and watch these games with refs that should be demoted to middle school B team basketball, and add to the fact that this team has talent and loses because the lack of inside play...

I think they lack that "go to" type of guy that several of the other teams in the BSC have.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
Well, not sure about that...two refs destroyed the game all by themselves, and Krisco did not do any favors but Sacto is a good team and very well coached....

Really....Sac is a good team?

yes.

You have a funny definition of good. A 9-14 team that was 2-8 on the road before tonight is far from good.

I should have said "relative to the Big Sky and Big West...

Rorie needs to hit those free throws. I'm 40 damn years old, haven't shot the rock for years, went to the gym with my kid and knocked down 8-10. How do these dudes miss so many FREE throws.

HookedonGriz said:
Rorie needs to hit those free throws. I'm 40 damn years old, haven't shot the rock for years, went to the gym with my kid and knocked down 8-10. How do these dudes miss so many FREE throws.

Good question...watching the Griz shoot free throws in the second half was painful. It seemed like a big accomplishment if anyone hit two in a row, which I think only happened once the whole second half.

HookedonGriz said:

I to can hit them at my local gym. Not sure how I'd fare with the game on the line after having played my guts out for 40 minutes.

Griz2k said:
HookedonGriz said:

I to can hit them at my local gym. Not sure how I'd fare with the game on the line after having played my guts out for 40 minutes.

Valid point. But an 85% FT shooter misses both with game on line. Come on.

Back