• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Weber St. (Saturday)

AZGrizFan said:
griznative24 said:
Wow these refs are awful...

And yet we had the best FT shooter in the BSC at the line, shooting two, down 1, with 2 seconds to go....for the win....and he couldn't deliver. That game should have been won in spite of the reffing.

I was commenting on the flow and watchability of the game itself, not the reason for a Griz loss. But yes, I agree with you that the Griz should have won that game regardless of the reffing.

...the griz lost this game giving up to many points...
...when shot clock is under 4 3 2 seconds left on...
...at least 20 to 25 points including game winner...

... :shock: ...

zengriz said:

Unfortunately, you are right. The Griz gave up a lot of points in the last few seconds of the shot clock. Playing terrific defense for 25 seconds of 30 seconds cost them the game. :thumb:

griznative24 said:
AZGrizFan said:
griznative24 said:

And yet we had the best FT shooter in the BSC at the line, shooting two, down 1, with 2 seconds to go....for the win....and he couldn't deliver. That game should have been won in spite of the reffing.

I was commenting on the flow and watchability of the game itself, not the reason for a Griz loss. But yes, I agree with you that the Griz should have won that game regardless of the reffing.

Gotcha. And BTW, I agree about the reffing. Hard to have a lot of turnovers when they're calling a foul every 10 seconds.

mtgrizrule said:
zengriz said:

Unfortunately, you are right. The Griz gave up a lot of points in the last few seconds of the shot clock. Playing terrific defense for 25 seconds of 30 seconds cost them the game. :thumb:[/quote

...kind of a trending...
...carry over from last year...
...certainly needs to be addressed...

... :!: :?: :!: ...

AZGrizFan said:
griznative24 said:
AZGrizFan said:
griznative24 said:

Gotcha. And BTW, I agree about the reffing. Hard to have a lot of turnovers when they're calling a foul every 10 seconds.

Its just ugly. One of my pet peeves in football and college basketball is all the stoppage of play for fouls, tv timeouts, or the ref pulling a hammy. Let it flow!

Back