• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND down to their final 15 nicknames

Phat Cat said:
I'm goin with Wagon Burners. Just like the sound of it.

:lol:

I'm just going to guess that you will have a bunch of PM's in your inbox.

AND

PR will probably suggest that you be banned from egriz.

Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Cavalry was a good suggestion

Make it "Fighting Cavalry."

No need to sugar coat this with PC. If the Sioux don't want the glory of recognition for their bravery in defending their territory and resisting cultural eradication, well then let the cavalry get recognized for bravely enforcing the Eastern US aristocracy's policy of westward expansion.
Soooo - too bad the Sioux didn't care about the nickname, and stated that position multiple times. It was the politically correct "politicians" that raised a big stink about it.

MTOutsider said:
I am surprised they didn't have riggers or drillers on the list.

The list they have come down to is kind of pitiful. What about:

range riders (instead of the possibly heckle-inspiring rough riders)?

tornados?

dust devils?

blizzard?

rattlesnakes?

hawks?

cowboys?

just sayin' this list took about 45 seconds to come up with.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

No need to sugar coat this with PC. If the Sioux don't want the glory of recognition for their bravery in defending their territory and resisting cultural eradication, well then let the cavalry get recognized for bravely enforcing the Eastern US aristocracy's policy of westward expansion.
Soooo - too bad the Sioux didn't care about the nickname, and stated that position multiple times. It was the politically correct "politicians" that raised a big stink about it.
That's not what happened at all.

Tod said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

That's not what happened at all.

Well said MissoulaButtegrizzleCatFanTod or anyone else who contributed.

[quotequotequote][/quote///quote]

F

mods...you should start another subforum for Phat Cat...he needs somewhere else to post his negative, nonfootball drivel...it isn't even Griz related...on second thought, he should be right out band from egriz...he brings nothing to the table...I would bet that he has not ever played the game...dude is clueless...you know what, I challenge him to a duel...3PM tomorrow at the Mo Club...

grizindabox said:
mods...you should start another subforum for Phat Cat...he needs somewhere else to post his negative, nonfootball drivel...it isn't even Griz related...on second thought, he should be right out band from egriz...he brings nothing to the table...I would bet that he has not ever played the game...dude is clueless...you know what, I challenge him to a duel...3PM tomorrow at the Mo Club...

Grind, not a good idea; you do realize you're ban from owning a weapon since someone else ( a guardian) manages your social security account. Just saying.

grizindabox said:

band :lol:

I was going to stop at 3 for a Coors Light, maybe I'll hit Kettlehouse instead.

grizindabox said:

I don't think Shane Kelly Or Beau Anderson want me to come to town for a gun fight. But thanks for the offer.

Prez Kelly of El Forko Grande U has declared "No name" is still on the table regarding the fiasco of selecting a name. So be it. University of ND NoNames.......say it a few times....no names, no names, no names......... kind of catchy, don't you think?

My last 14 years of teaching school were at the Standing Rock Grant School in Fort Yates.......yes, racism and prejudice are alive and well on the rez.........and that being by the natives.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Buttegrizzle said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Dude, sorry but that is not even close to what happened. I hate political correctness as much as anybody and plenty of politicians are meddling/self serving weasels but those were not the driving forces here. The situation with the two big Sioux tribal federations in No Dak is a little more complex and basically one of the two was/is what's behind this.

UND should have just wrote a check for a couple million to the tribe in exchange for its acceptance of the Fighting Sioux name. They would have saved the taxpayers money and kept the name.

Back