• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upcoming Young Coaches......???

kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
Copper Griz said:
Hauck - as in Tim Hauck

Hell yeah!!!! :thumb:
We're way too late for Hauck or for Jonathan Smith; both make about 3 or 4X what our HC position pays.

Sadly, I believe you are correct Kem. Having said that, I can dream damn it! I was really hoping Tim's Montana roots would bring him home possibly and that the appeal of being a HC would as well. A long shot for sure.

lotsa said:
Totally agree on MVD. We should have done that two coaches ago, notwithstanding the small group on this board that goes nuts every time his name comes up. The rings say it all and he would be great at any level.
The right hire was made two coaches ago...I say we make it again...pflugrad...

stubbins said:
lotsa said:
Totally agree on MVD. We should have done that two coaches ago, notwithstanding the small group on this board that goes nuts every time his name comes up. The rings say it all and he would be great at any level.
The right hire was made two coaches ago...I say we make it again...pflugrad...
As much as I want it to, this will never happen...and it's a shame.

Former Washington State QB

Former NFL'er

Former interium HC @ Idaho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Gesser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason Gesser

live4dagriz said:
Not sure if he'd ever leave Kill especially for a FCS position but I like Tracy Claeys, Minnesota's DC. Won at every level with Kill and took over as acting HC last year when Kill dealt with epilepsy.
Why would he take a 1/2 t o2/3 cut in pay?

live4dagriz said:
Not sure if he'd ever leave Kill especially for a FCS position but I like Tracy Claeys, Minnesota's DC. Won at every level with Kill and took over as acting HC last year when Kill dealt with epilepsy.
Why would he take a 1/2 t o2/3 cut in pay?

Judging by the other dipshit thread it has to either be Big G or the other guy.....Seems like both have already submitted their resume. Isn't this a "quiet" week? Can they have like a NCAA..err Chris two week ban?? Plus, no more Scooby late night snacks, for either of them....Holy Hanna.

mcg said:
mtgrizrule said:
Speaking of young coaches or potential coaches, I have a few former GRIZ to mention. Would any of these guys be interested in position coaching positions, Shann Schillinger, Tuff Harris, Marc Mariani (providing he does not get another NFL offer), Cole Bergquist (he is probably making better money in Real Estate already), Ryan Bagley, Colin Dow, Levi Horn, JD Quinn, any other younger former GRIZ?

I like that Bienemann is a grad assistant. I think he will do well in coaching as well.

I'd like to see what kind of interest Andy Thompson would have coming here as our DC or possible HC? I really like the job he has done at NAU.

Of all the guys mentioned only two (Thompson and Bienemann) are actually 'coaches'. The others are all ex-players with no coaching experience.

Schillinger is helping out his brother at Dickinson St, I believe.

Any coaches left around that were involved in "Air Bear". I would love to see a return to some exciting offense, or at least on offense that plays to the teams strength. If you have a young weak offensive line, you have to rely on fooling the defense to help them out. The spread with the read option would be working great this season.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
ordigger said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Two Words: Bob Green

One word....
OLD
I was just playing...I just want a fun quotable coach...like Delaney only fun
Micks fun. When I was at Tech he helped out his brother who owned the Vu Villa if ai recall. Some awesome times at the Vu. Early 80s was best bar in Butte year round.

Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:
Mike VanDiest from Carrol! Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Dude is total asshole. No thanks.

And you know this how? The guy is like most coaches. He coaches with intensity and demands/expects the best from his players both on the field and in the classroom. He is a great recruiter and he knows football. Now you may think he is an asshole by his coaching style, but it gets results. If you want to see the same results in Missoula, then hire another "players coach." Off the field he is a really good guy. If you developed your opinion of him just by what you see on the field maybe you should take some time to actually know the guy. I guarantee you would change your opinion.

grizman71 said:
Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:

And you know this how? The guy is like most coaches. He coaches with intensity and demands/expects the best from his players both on the field and in the classroom. He is a great recruiter and he knows football. Now you may think he is an asshole by his coaching style, but it gets results. If you want to see the same results in Missoula, then hire another "players coach." Off the field he is a really good guy. If you developed your opinion of him just by what you see on the field maybe you should take some time to actually know the guy. I guarantee you would change your opinion.
Remember a couple seasons back when Mike Van Diest abruptly announced he was quitting right before the season started? Yeah, there's no excuse for that not even from a really good guy recruiter who knows his Xs and O's.
That shit flies in NAIA, which is where Mike Van Die st belongs.

I personally don't think MVD is an a-hole at all. He's always been super great to me. NOW, his current players and many will tell you different. But then again, ask them five years after they've left the CC program, and they will tell you different again. MVD is VERY VERY TOUGH on is players. It's a well know fact. He doesn't disguise that. I've heard he's even harder on assistant coaches. I've heard Nick Howlett has been fired so many times he can't keep track of them all. LOL

I've never thought MVD was a bad idea as a future head coach of the Griz UNTIL NOW. EGRIZ and Griz Nation can't have it both ways. They want new blood, someone with no ties to the program, and someone who has new, innovative ideas. I CAN PROMISE EVERYONE that is Not MVD, nor is he interested in changing anything about his coaching style, his belief in his schemes or the way he does anything else, including dealing with adminstration and boosters. HIS WAY ALWAYS worked for him at Carroll. He will go down as one of the greatest NAIA football coaches of all time, and deservedly. IMHO, he's the greatest Frontier Conference coach ever, with no disrespect meant to Putter Petrino or any of the other legends. BUT, from what Egriz and Griz Nation seem to be clamoring for, MVD is neither "young" or "new blood".

griz4life said:
grizman71 said:
Htowngriz said:
reinell30 said:

Remember a couple seasons back when Mike Van Diest abruptly announced he was quitting right before the season started? Yeah, there's no excuse for that not even from a really good guy recruiter who knows his Xs and O's.
That shit flies in NAIA, which is where Mike Van Die st belongs.

Wow that's all you got. I know the story behind his abrupt retirement and subsequent return, but I'm not wasting my breath telling you. Now get back to your mom's basement it's past your bedtime!

How about you explain what justifies a head coach quitting in a huff right before the season starts? There's no excuse for that. You know the story? It's no secret.

Mike Van Diest is a flake.

Back