• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UPDATED Petition regarding Pat Williams

Oh for the days of a handy tree limb, a length of hemp and a nervous horse...but of course Pat is no Henry Plummer.

As I remember my Montana history, Henry Plummer was hoisted up on the shoulders of the Vigilantes and dropped, saying "Give me a good drop, boys!" Williams hasn't earned the consideration.

Teton Cat said:
MrTitleist said:
...your program was as tainted.. except it stretched to the basketball team too.

Well if that's the case maybe JJ should just stand up and tell the judge and jury, " I raped that girl and thought it was O.K. since the Bobcat players do the same thing" and see how that flys.... :mrgreen:
No he shouldn't, since he is still proclaiming innocence. Your coach who dealt meth and the players who murdered a guy in a lonely field didn't proclaim guilt. But the difference is, we all know the results of those cases. Presumption of innocence, proof, and convictions really do matter. What you said above is one of the stupidest things i''ve read in quite a while.

Who gives a rats a&& about da cats? It is scat acting Pat that we are talking on! Yes old BS degree from denver (or wherever) talked his way into a rep. job for the state of Montana. Not one thing he did while he represented our state in Washington was worth mentioning. His wife Carol is another far out Lib in Helena (in the state legislature)....... Griz football hating person she is!

Teaching at the U without much in the way of education or criteria was way to much for me, his constant letters to the editor in the Missoulian about how great he and his party was (and is again) tainted him as a total jerk. His playing around with other women in Washington and his voting record eventually got him removed. How that slug ended up teaching at the U is a mystery.

He mentioned thugs but has little proof in his statements concerning Griz football recruits. Acting like the coaches recruited thugs on purpose......what thug is he talking about? Names Pat! Name the thugs Pat, don't keep it a secret from all of us dumb readers of your "special knowledge".

He has been on the Govt. dole way to long. Teaching at the U was a joke for sure. He taught "vote democrat" and told tales about his time in Washington DC. Now appointed by a bobcat to the regents board as a slam by our ex gov. Brian S. As a political hater of both parties I detest all he stands for. Lying, cheating, lazy and a taker of taxpayers!

Scats are fun to dislike but Williams is a true slug of a human.......bad 2 da bone he be......

I have been thinking about PW's motive for dragging out dirty laundry a year late to display it on a national stage. Some say he is simply stupid -- which may be true -- but others suggest that he is a shrewd politician playing politics. I have to believe the latter. You don't make it to Washington without knowing how to maneuver.

The timing was obviously suspect. Some say it was a attempt to sway the jury. I think Pat is smart enough to know that even he can't really do that.

The message is suspect as well. An excessively broad brush hose job that suggests really bad things have been happening. It was bad enough that not another single public person has stepped up in agreement.

Lastly, why a national publication? Since the solution will be from local action, what good would result?

There is an explanation that could explain all of this.

If you believe what some here have said, Pat has been the flag bearer for the football haters club, pumping up anyone and everyone who would listen. What if PW starts to worry that JJ might win his trial? What if the NCAA finds nothing substantial? What if the processes to set the ship right are well under way without him as the driver? His narrative is seriously damaged along with his reputation. He becomes just another chicken little.

And here is his solution: if he can stir the pot enough, he might be able to goad the NCAA into some significant sanctions. Certainly if a national publication runs a story reminding the people who such publications, instead being last year's story that Montana football is still some kind of cesspool, they certainly can't just issue a slap on the wrist. In the wake of Penn State, the NCAA would look seriously suspect if they glossed over a "significant" problem.

If JJ is found guilty then all the better but if not then some serious NCAA sanctions make Pat's case and helps to get him back in the drivers seat of "saving Griz football". And since the NCAA can issue penalties without any real oversight, they can force whatever autocratic decisions they choose. And look like heroes when doing so.

To me this would explain everything and certainly would paint PW as a shrewd politician.

I think many of you are giving the man FAR too much credit. He said what he said for one reason: he's a politician reduced to a role -- while significant -- never gets his name in the press. He gave the quote he did to ensure it would get published and attributed to him. And frankly, all that's fine. Except that what he said is contrary to his responsibilities as a Regent. He should lose his job.

BWahlberg said:
Quick update, we're getting an online petition set up today, if you emailed me you'll be getting the link sent your way.

That is great news Brint, thanks. I know many people who want to make their voices heard about PW and will be happy to sign the online petition.

grizfnz said:
wbtfg said:
So I'm confused. Are lynch mobs good or bad? I'm getting mixed signals.

Mixed signals would be a perfect way to describe them as they were decent, had marginal success with their hit "wicked sensation" but never achieved the level of success that Dokken did. Don't get me wrong, there are some rare gems on their albums but nothing that made them stand out in that sea of big hair and tight pants.
lynchmob.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm disgusted you can even remember that band............make me wanna kick your ass!!

Pat William's appointment to the Board of Regents should be denied. Everyone has a right to his own opinion, ever a hack politician that has not contributed much in terms of deed. My objection is that as a member of the Board of Regents, his comments were incorrect, out of place, and embarrassing to Montanans. He would not be allowed to be on a corporate board if he conducted himself in this fashion, so why should the Regents be any different.

Bill Ditch

A little crazy that Pat Williams gets called out for "thug" remarks at the start of Johnson's trial and now Pat's supporters are piggybacking their save pat crusade to the #johnsontrial tweets.
Williams excused the timing of his comments as being unrelated to the trial and not directed at Johnson, but his supporters now rely on Johnson trial followers to bail Pat out of a jam? Kind of suggests Pat's target audience knew what the "thug" remark was all about.
Surprised the recall petition isn't part of the #johnsontrial thread, also.

Back