• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams Back?

Thought he couldn't come back by ncaa rule, or did he ever leave? Has he been "practicing" at Oregon this summer?

He has re-applied to ESU. Do you all think he will not be accepted back? He will not be in a Oregon uniform for sure.

bigsky33 said:
He has re-applied to ESU. Do you all think he will not be accepted back? He will not be in a Oregon uniform for sure.

Check the ncaa and conference rules, and report back. Who cares if he would be accepted back into school by EWU. The question is whether he would be allowed to play football at EWU.

To add to this rumor, I just heard something very interesting....

So apparently Adams is trying to get back to EWU (or ESU?). Pukup upon hearing that there's a QB spot open at Oregon has decided to transfer from MSU to Oregon. He got confused though and transferred to Southern Oregon. He also got stuck in some snow on the way there. The QB at FT Lewis upon hearing that there's an opening at MSU decided to stay at FT Lewis so he can beat the cats and because he cares about commitment.

My inside source is never wrong.

THREAD KILLER #2:
"Adams is living in Eugene but isn’t able to participate in offseason workouts or use school facilities until he completes the process of transferring from Eastern Washington, where he threw for 10,438 yards and 110 touchdowns in three seasons.

Adams hasn’t returned messages from The Register-Guard but told The Oregonian in mid-June that he needed to finish one math course before enrolling at Oregon.

At a news conference two weeks ago, coach Mark Helfrich said the Ducks “don’t anticipate any hiccups” with players not yet enrolled, referring to Adams..."

For those of you whom decided to forego "reading" the article

OK no bull. Just wait and see. Vernon will most !likely be back at EWU. With their anemic academic standards I do not think they will reject him. Suck it up. He will be back at qb. Oregon did not work. I agree players are probably not happy with him coming back! The article cited on here was dated July 7. That is out dated.

bigsky33 said:
OK no bull. Just wait and see. Vernon will most !likely be back at EWU. With their anemic academic standards I do not think they will reject him. Suck it up. He will be back at qb. Oregon did not work. I agree players are probably not happy with him coming back! The article cited on here was dated July 7. That is out dated.

How about This article then from today that references a phone call with him yesterday? :p

Is that article from today out of date too? Are....are you from the future?! :eek:

From that article:

---
Adams is currently taking a math class through the Community Education Program, which allows anyone to register for regular UO courses without formal admission. He expects to complete the course by Aug. 13 to fulfill the requirements for his EWU degree.

Oregon’s fall camp begins on Aug. 10.

“I’m probably going to be a couple days late,” Adams said during a phone interview with The Register-Guard on Friday night. “But I expect it to all work out. I’m real excited, just trying to stay focused with this class and getting ready to have fun playing football again.”

Adams marched during graduation ceremonies at Eastern Washington in June and then relocated to Eugene, but he’s not allowed to workout with his new teammates at Oregon’s facilities or participate in the strength-and-conditioning program.

“It’s tough learning by yourself,” said Adams, who has been studying his copy of the Oregon playbook since attending a week of spring practice. “I’ve been throwing with my roommates, running and working out on my own.”

---

Potomac Griz said:
bigsky33 said:

How about This article then from today that references a phone call with him yesterday? :p

Is that article from today out of date too? Are....are you from the future?! :eek:

From that article:

---
Adams is currently taking a math class through the Community Education Program, which allows anyone to register for regular UO courses without formal admission. He expects to complete the course by Aug. 13 to fulfill the requirements for his EWU degree.

Oregon’s fall camp begins on Aug. 10.

“I’m probably going to be a couple days late,” Adams said during a phone interview with The Register-Guard on Friday night. “But I expect it to all work out. I’m real excited, just trying to stay focused with this class and getting ready to have fun playing football again.”

Adams marched during graduation ceremonies at Eastern Washington in June and then relocated to Eugene, but he’s not allowed to workout with his new teammates at Oregon’s facilities or participate in the strength-and-conditioning program.

“It’s tough learning by yourself,” said Adams, who has been studying his copy of the Oregon playbook since attending a week of spring practice. “I’ve been throwing with my roommates, running and working out on my own.”

---

Oh you mean this from TODAY!: http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/33331600-81/future-oregon-qb-vernon-adams-expects-to-be-late-to-football-camp.html.csp

He will not be at Oregon. That is a fact. If he plays anywhere it will be EWU. With their academics standards I feel it is a good bet.

This doesn't really have anything to do with academic standards if he passes the class he graduates and can go anywhere, if he doesn't pass the class you stuck at Eastern regardless of academic standards

wbtfg said:
This doesn't really have anything to do with academic standards if he passes the class he graduates and can go anywhere, if he doesn't pass the class you stuck at Eastern regardless of academic standards

The fact is he will not be at Oregon. He will be back at EWU.

That may be true, I have no idea. It just has nothing to do with academic standards at Oregon or Eastern Washington

bigsky33 said:
He will not be at Oregon. That is a fact. If he plays anywhere it will be EWU. With their academics standards I feel it is a good bet.

Dude, are you new to starting rumors or something? You're not supposed to change your own rumor like that... You've gone from "He has re-applied to come back" to basically "Well he's not going to Oregon so he probably will be back at EWU"

Seriously man... if you're going to troll via rumor at least stick to your guns. Jeez... freakin amateur trolls...

PDXGrizzly said:
Oh I think he would be accepted academically, just not by his teammates. He kind of tried to leave them for greener pastures, dumping them for that hot program in Oregon. Man it would be hard to take back someone who doesn't really value their own program and their own teammates. He is coming back begging and if they had an ounce of self respect they would let him in to complete his masters, just not to play football.

Sorry but if this is true, Eastern players, fans etc. would take VA back in a NY minute. VA could mean at least two more wins.
Winning is everything......

wbtfg said:
That may be true, I have no idea. It just has nothing to do with academic standards at Oregon or Eastern Washington

It does have something to do with academic standing and NCAA rules. I do not know details. But, he has re-applied to EWU. I would bet he will be their starting Qb this coming year.

Hasn't he already accepted a scholly to Oregon? If so, I'm not so sure he can just go anywhere because I think he is subject to transfer rules. Seems like his options might be very limited.

Back