• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams Back?

This sounds a lot like a post on BN last November, shortly after the Brawl, in which a poster made a bet, mainly with Griz posters over there, that there would be an investigation in the coming weeks about Delaney and Co. stealing MSU's offensive plays or something along those lines, which led to the seven turnovers. I'm paraphrasing, but that poster, and it actually wasn't PapaG for a change, said something to the effect "I can't say too much right now, but trust me, an investigation is coming and you will hear about it shortly." I'm still waiting for an investigation almost a year later.

BUT, to play the other side of the coin for a minute, Bigsky33, why exactly are you shouting at Griz fans about it? Are you trying to say Griz fans should be quaking or something? In that case, shouldn't MSU fans be scared too? Last I checked, the Cats play the Eags in Cheney this season. Why haven't you posted this under your screen name on BN? I don't really get the point even if it is true.

bigsky33 said:
wbtfg said:
That may be true, I have no idea. It just has nothing to do with academic standards at Oregon or Eastern Washington

It does have something to do with academic standing and NCAA rules. I do not know details. But, he has re-applied to EWU. I would bet he will be their starting Qb this coming year.

I will bet he won't be. How much?

The Shoota' playing football at EWU ship has sailed whether he gets into Oregon or not...the Eagles have moved on and will not look back...Shoota' made his bed and he may have to just lie in the $hit

BigSky's attempt in a nutshell (pun intended) is sinking faster than...

bedtime-at-the-nuthouse-review-coolmompicks_zpsa0954d77.jpg

Future Oregon QB Vernon Adams expects to be late to football camp
• by Ryan Thorburn
• 2 min read
• original
Vernon Adams can do the math.
The former Eastern Washington star knows there won’t be anymore time to waste once he finishes the coursework for his undergraduate degree and enrolls in a graduate program at Oregon, where Adams plans to win the starting quarterback job for a one-and-done senior season with the Ducks.
Adams is currently taking a math class through The Community Education Program, which allows anyone to register for regular UO courses without formal admission. He expects to complete the course by Aug. 13 to fulfill the requirements for his EWU degree.
Oregon’s fall camp begins on Aug. 10.
“I’m probably going to be a couple days late,” Adams said during a phone interview with The Register-Guard on Friday night. “But I expect it to all work out. I’m real excited, just trying to stay focused with this class and getting ready to have fun playing football again.”
Adams marched during graduation ceremonies at Eastern Washington in June and then relocated to Eugene, but he is not allowed to workout with his new teammates at Oregon’s facilities or participate in the strength and conditioning program.
“It’s tough learning by yourself,” said Adams, who has been studying his copy of the Oregon playbook since attending a week of spring practice. “I’ve been throwing with my roommates, running and working out on my own.”
Adams signed a financial-aid agreement with Oregon in February, shortly after the program lost Heisman Trophy-winner Marcus Mariota to the NFL draft.
During a stellar three-year run at Eastern Washington, Adams threw for 10,438 yards, 110 touchdowns and 31 interceptions while completing 64.8 percent of his passes. That included 886 yards passing with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions in games against the Ducks’ primary rivals -- Oregon State (during a 49-46 victory in 2013) and Washington (during a 59-52 loss in 2014).
Now the dynamic dual-threat quarterback will have to complete the math and beat out Jeff Lockie to finish his collegiate career as a starter. The 5-11 signal-caller from Pasadena, Calif., still has dreams of leading the Ducks to another Pac-12 championship and berth in the College Football Playoff.
“That’s the plan,” Adams said. “I want to get out there, continue doing what I’m doing and continue working hard. I missed the summer workouts, so the main thing is to earn these guys’ trust and show them I can lead.”
During the spring, Lockie, who backed Mariota up the past two seasons, emerged as the leader of the pack ahead of Morgan Mahalak, Travis Jonsen, Taylor Alie and Ty Griffin. The redshirt junior recently participated in the Manning Passing Academy and has been leading 7-on-7 drills this summer.
“At this point, I’m not going to worry about something I have no control over,” Lockie said recently when asked about the possible addition to the fall camp audition. “I’m not sure when (Adams) will be here or what it’s going to be like when he gets here.
“We’ve all spoken about it as a quarterback unit. We’re all going to have a shot at this thing. I think we’ll just compete as best we can in the fall and take it from there.”
Oregon opens the season against Eastern Washington on Sept. 5 at Autzen Stadium.

Having three pages of replies to this BS topic reminds me of the SNL skit where Dukakis (Jon Lovitz) responds to some meandering debate comment by Bush by simply saying "I can't believe I'm losing to this guy."

You can mock me all that you want. Come this fall VA will either be in a EWU uniform or not playing anywhere at all.

So bigsky has gone from VA will probably be the QB at EWU this fall to he could be the QB at EWU or not...

grizindabox said:
So bigsky has gone from VA will probably be the QB at EWU this fall to he could be the QB at EWU or not...

The bottom line is that he will not be playing for the Ducks.

bigsky33 said:
grizindabox said:

Apparently you are the only one to hear that or feel that. I see it posted nowhere by anyone, including the media. My friends who are big Duck fans, have asked around this weekend. They have not found one single Duck player, coach, booster, alumni, or anyone having heard this. No way in today's media and technology age does this stay under wraps.

If it does happen Adams better patent how to keep a secret and people off guard. :thumb:

bigsky33 said:
grizindabox said:

Someone might have already asked, but how do you know?

I know someone in Cheney who has some connections and they told me that Adams asked if there was a spot on the roster for him if he didn't make it into Oregon and Baldwin told him, "No. We've moved on."

Back