• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Way Too Early 2016 Predictions

Your "way too early" guess at Montana's 2016 record:

• 11-0

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 10-1

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • 9-2

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • 8-3

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • 7-4

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • 6-5

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 5-6

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 3-8

• 2-9

• 1-10

• 0-11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters
Date - Opponent - FCS Ranking (compughterratings.com)
9.3 - vs Saint Francis (73)
9.10 - @ Northern Iowa (4)
9.24 - @ Cal Poly (56)
10.1 - vs Southern Utah (25)
10.8 - vs Mississippi Valley (123)
10.15 - vs Sacramento State (104)
10.22 - @ Northern Arizona (39)
10.29 - @ Eastern Washington (32)
11.5 - vs Idaho State (103)
11.12 - @ Northern Colorado (57)
11.19 - vs Montana State (62)

--------------

I'd say at this very moment, 8-3 or 7-4.

I think all home games we'll be favored, St Francis, SUU, MV, Sac, ISU, MSU. Those should all be wins, that's 6.

The road games are a different story. I would say @UNI especially early in the season we'll be underdogs and probably a loss. Also @EWU, they're going to bounce back I believe, that's a loss for now. @UNC is probably the easier of the road games but they've been improving. @Poly and @NAU are toss-ups. NAU should be a damn good offense but I have no idea on their defense, and @Poly, early, with 8 new starters... spells trouble, but I just can never predict how we do against them.

So minimum 7 wins if we win all home games and the UNC game. That leaves @UNI, @EWU, @Poly and @NAU as the toss-ups that are either 50:50 or lean towards a loss at the moment.

Northern Iowa will be tough, but a week to prepare for Cal Poly-without Chris Brown-is doable! I think NAU and EWU is a tough back-to-back! Eastern's gonna be thinking about the thumping they took last year, and not in a positive way! I say
10-1, but I don't know which one it will be.

Like the title says, way too early to know much EXCEPT that the Bobcats will suck once again. It was my only vote and I would have voted twice for it if it was allowed.

EverettGriz said:
Jeff Choke said:
Slow your roll boys, slow your roll

Welcome to the board, Coach Ron Choke!

Thank you, I am sure I will bring more to the table than Ron Ash ever did. He sure is having a hard time getting over being replaced. His Twitter account is really sad.

Based on the schedule not being overly difficult, the GRIZ are capable of going undefeated. However, I feel they are still learning to be a consistent team, and get back a high level of confidence. They are bound to stumble a few games. I expect 9-2 or 8-3.

I say 8-3, you guys have a cupcake home schedule, probably lose at UNI, at EWU, and drop one to NAU or Poly...pretty much guaranteed to get to 7 wins because there is no way you are losing at home or to UNC on the road.

Jeff Choke said:
Definitely lose to UNI, Montana State and Cal Poly, slow your roll boys, slow your roll

Welcome to the board, CoachOat. Congratulations on your decision. Prepare to be ridiculed.
Are you going to shave that thing off your face any time soon?

Jeff Choke said:
Definitely lose to UNI, Montana State and Cal Poly, slow your roll boys, slow your roll
Losing to UNI and/or Cal Poly could happen ... to the Cats, not so much. ;)

CDAGRIZ said:
Jeff Choke said:

Welcome to the board, CoachOat. Congratulations on your decision. Prepare to be ridiculed.

Men grow beards, its what we do. Notice that the former coach had no facial hair at all, jus sayin

#thebeardstays

After one quick run through the schedule I picked 9-2. I don't feel we will see any drop off in overall team play from last year and maybe even improvement. Ya, some things could be worse (young WRs) but soemthings will be better (OL -which should equate to improved running/ more QB time) and I think the D will be about even. UNI will be tough early. That's one, after that...maybe Poly- but I think the team/staff will want this one bad, EWU- 50/50, NAU-60/40 them, SUU-I think they will drop off 2016. So I'm giving one of those four a win. After looking at last years schedule (scared the sh*t out of me) this one looks like a cake walk.

I am just shocked that the over whelming majority answer is not he only 100% obvious one. Only 21 votes for bobcats suck?

jodcon said:
RayWill said:
I am just shocked that the over whelming majority answer is not he only 100% obvious one. Only 21 votes for bobcats suck?

Poll fatigue

Too damn may debates .....

But, at least all the resent polls have the Bob Cats Suck leading by 87%

I predict without any doubt that we will have one super-double-throwdown, kick ass, in-the-bag, without question win against the hapless bobcats. Other than that we will either lose or win all the others...

How am I doin'?

66volvo said:
I predict without any doubt that we will have one super-double-throwdown, kick ass, in-the-bag, without question win against the hapless bobcats. Other than that we will either lose or win all the others...

How am I doin'?

poppycock

Jeff Choke said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Jeff Choke said:

Men grow beards, its what we do. Notice that the former coach had no facial hair at all, jus sayin

#thebeardstays

Whatever, Jeff. If you call that a beard, I'm nobody to question you.

#pubey

Back