• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We Support Coach Hauck!!! WE'VE HIT 2500!! Updated the OP

GoldenEagle said:
snap said:
GoldenEagle said:
HookedonGriz said:
I put this together and am wondering if there's a way drum up more visible support for it. Maybe our own change.org petition we can all sign and make go viral on some level? I am getting tired of the negative articles, petitions, and social media blasting of Coach Hauck and thought it may be time to take an actual stance:

EDIT AND UPDATE: MADE IT OFFICIAL. PLEASE CLICK ON LINK AND SIGN IF YOU WAMT YOUR SUPPORT FOR COACH HAUCK TO BE HEARD

https://www.change.org/p/griz-nation-we-fully-support-the-return-of-coach-bobby-hauck?recruiter=840808614&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

We are in full support of the return of Coach Bobby Hauck to lead the University of Montana football team. We will cheer him on as he leads his athletes to new heights and encourages these student-athletes to be positive role models, productive community members, and quality representatives of Grizzlies athletics.

We fully expect Coach Hauck and his staff to create a positive, friendly, caring, respectful, and inclusive culture within his team. We also expect Coach Hauck and his staff to fully utilize the Student-Athlete Code of Conduct to appropriately discipline any student-athletes who are not a positive representation of the football team, the University of MT, or the community of Missoula.

Coach Hauck has had a tremendous role and influence in the positive development of hundreds of student-athletes during his tenure with the University of MT. Many of these former athletes have voiced their strong, supportive opinion of Coach Hauck during this hiring process. We fully support and expect Coach Hauck and his staff to continue to be a positive influence in helping each of these student-athletes reach their full potential.

Thank you, Coach Hauck, for coming back to your alma mater and to Griz Nation. We are thrilled you and your family have decided to make MT and this wonderful community "home" again. You have our full support, and Go Griz!

Wow! Solid grass roots movement. You're making a real difference in this world. :lol: :lol:

I remember a time when EWU had a playoff game and literally couldn't get anybody to show up. The AD reached out to Griz fans and we showed up in Cheney. That was a solid grass roots movement for sure. Douchebag.

Ya, I think that support from UofM fans turned the EAGS program around. That kind of fan support from a conference foe just tugs at my heartstrings.

:lol: That's fair. My post made me cringe as soon as I hit submit.

Gotta love Griz Nation! It hit 55 signatures in the matter of minutes. Let's keep it going. Please share the link to your social media pages as well. Thanks for taking the time!

HookedonGriz said:
Gotta love Griz Nation! It hit 55 signatures in the matter of minutes. Let's keep it going. Please share the link to your social media pages as well. Thanks for taking the time!

It's already up to 90! :thumb:

snap said:
GoldenEagle said:
snap said:
GoldenEagle said:
Wow! Solid grass roots movement. You're making a real difference in this world. :lol: :lol:

I remember a time when EWU had a playoff game and literally couldn't get anybody to show up. The AD reached out to Griz fans and we showed up in Cheney. That was a solid grass roots movement for sure. Douchebag.

Ya, I think that support from UofM fans turned the EAGS program around. That kind of fan support from a conference foe just tugs at my heartstrings.

:lol: That's fair. My post made me cringe as soon as I hit submit.

Really? That post did? lmao dude why you going easy on the RegalBeagle?

Bonus points if you can ID the dated reference without accessing Google on your 256k dial-up

I posted this on another thread, so pardon the redundancy:
Something I’m trying to piece together here so that I can help...
I’m an active volunteer/advocate for crime victims (focusing on domestic abuse and child sexual abuse)
I’m an avid Grizzly football fan and Hauck supporter.
I recently spoke at an event in Minneapolis where I met Matthew Sandusky (adopted son and victim of Jerry Sandusky)
Bear with me...this all somehow connects
So, the Penn State/Sandusky scandal was all over the news at the same time that Missoula was under investigation for their handling of sex crimes
I was going through the process of prosecuting my ex for sexually abusing my child
I wrote a book, detailing my experience and educating about child sexual abuse and victim blaming
Now...Matt Sandusky and I are planning speaking engagements together all over the US

How do we wrap this all together to help the UM??

Go...

GGNez said:
I’m an active volunteer/advocate for crime victims (focusing on domestic abuse and child sexual abuse)
I recently spoke at an event in Minneapolis where I met Matthew Sandusky (adopted son and victim of Jerry Sandusky)
So, the Penn State/Sandusky scandal was all over the news at the same time that Missoula was under investigation for their handling of sex crimes
I was going through the process of prosecuting my ex for sexually abusing my child
I wrote a book, detailing my experience and educating about child sexual abuse and victim blaming
Now...Matt Sandusky and I are planning speaking engagements together all over the US

Go...

Valid question. Let me give that some additional thought. Sounds like potential for sure.

GGNez said:

Go...

Seems to be the intersection of child sexual abuse and college campuses, then if you want, intersect with football. If it is at UM, that is another intersection. Perhaps that Venn diagram is the null set. But, you could do sexual abuse and not child and give the statistics. Is UM worse? Are college sports worse than colleges in general, or better, or same? How hard is It to profile or stop a potential offender? Seems like lots of facts to use to dispel or support the petitions.

Signed and posted on wifey's account. Don't do social media...

Agree more specific rebuttal would be good, but A for the effort, HoG... :clap:

I for one am so happy to see Bobby back. He is a college friend of mine and I know how hard he works and what this great institution means to him. We are very lucky to have somebody with that passion. Welcome home Mr. Robert Hauck and family.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/updated-letter-from-some-university-of-montana-faculty-seeks-reconsideration/article_1930c723-7c0d-5223-8907-a9a417e457c5.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1
Sorry, posted this in another thread as well. Wasn't certain to which topic it was more relevant. Hubble, Davey and Jabour you haven't heard the last from. Oh, and Bodnar.
"I'm so insulted by that email, and it so profoundly misunderstands our relationship with our students and the work that we do outside of the classroom and inside of the classroom," said (Elizabeth) Hubble, a lecturer and program director at UM. She drafted the letter, and faculty member Anya Jabour edited it.
"In an email, UM spokeswoman Paula Short said the university will not reconsider the contract..."
"Faculty member Elizabeth Hubble drafted the letter requesting UM reconsider the hire, and she shared the concerns of the signers Thursday at a Faculty Senate meeting. She said the number of signers continued to grow, and the individuals named in a Missoulian story posted online Thursday morning received a threatening email later from a staff member in the Athletics Department..."
She said the email didn't make a physical threat, but "it reads pretty threatening." She said the email told the signers they should be more focused on their jobs than on Hauck...."
"Legal counsel Lucy France said campus police were soon meeting with Davey and her partner, and officials were discussing whether there was a criminal component to the situation."
"Thursday, Faculty Senate Chair Mary-Ann Bowman said Haslam and Hauck both offered to come to a Faculty Senate meeting and speak with members. In an email, Short also said UM will hold conversations with the campus and the community about the concerns."

"Coach Hauck also looks forward to these important conversations. The timing will depend somewhat on both the presidential transition as well as Coach Hauck's transition to Missoula," Short said.
"When I arrive on campus next month, I look forward to meeting with these faculty members to discuss their concerns and ideas around this critically important issue," Bodnar said. "My commitment to the pursuit of excellence — with integrity and respect always — extends to athletics, but also to academics, student activities and every facet of this university."

Back