• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week 1 Big Sky Conference Results

Brock Landers said:
Someone touched a nerve with these EWU guys. Good lord.

One gets tired of the continuous slander against their school.

get'em_griz said:
Rjones61 said:
But hey, how about Montana going for it on 4th and goal when they were up 66-2?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=302470149&period=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I'm more concerned about is EWU's defense giving up 9 points to a NAIA school... :coffee:

Our greatest weakness. We will see how it plays out.

Dozy said:
billings_poke said:
Eastern Washington really played an NAIA team?
Embarrassing, right? We should have tried to book a game with a powerhouse like Oklahoma Panhandle University...

Huh? Really? Isn't it enough we already played the Panhandlers once - like last year - beating them 47-14...and they were more competitive than eight of the BSC losers from this past weekend.

Rjones61 said:
How does one even slander that sand castle of meth you call a junior college? Serious question. It's like asking what's lower than a snake's belly?

garizzalies said:
Rjones61 said:
How does one even slander that sand castle of meth you call a junior college? Serious question. It's like asking what's lower than a snake's belly?

I rest my case.

Rjones61 said:
garizzalies said:
Rjones61 said:

I rest my case.
So do you police the interwebs and attempt to convince everyone Cheney isn't a shithole? That must be exhausting

cclarkblues said:
'68griz said:
billings_poke said:
Yup, they sure did. ISU has played Montana-Western a couple times in recent years. I am, nonetheless, always surprised/appalled when it happens.

I saw EWU go for it with a pass on 4th down, up 41-9 with under 11 minutes in the 4th quarter. Not sure that's the way I would have played it.

Their coach is a classless POS for running up the score against Sam Houston and for going for it against MT-Western, but he is still a damn good fcs football coach. I cannot wait for him to move up to fbs even though I doubt he will be successful at that level.

Dozy said:
billings_poke said:
Embarrassing, right? We should have tried to book a game with a powerhouse like Oklahoma Panhandle University...
Panhandle St. is a DII; MT Wester is NAIA. Relative to Western, Panhandle is a powerhouse.

kemajic said:
Dozy said:
billings_poke said:
Panhandle St. is a DII; MT Wester is NAIA. Relative to Western, Panhandle is a powerhouse.

Really? Because Panhandle got curbstomped 47-9 by an NAIA school. The same season you played them

garizzalies said:
So do you police the interwebs and attempt to convince everyone Cheney isn't a shithole? That must be exhausting

Not as exhausting as you formulating an original thought. :coffee:

1Griz_Fan said:
Their coach is a classless POS for running up the score against Sam Houston and for going for it against MT-Western, but he is still a damn good fcs football coach. I cannot wait for him to move up to fbs even though I doubt he will be successful at that level.

Why weren't you up in arms when Pflugard went for it on 4th and goal when he was up 66-2 on Western St.?

Fahque said:
3-10 and two of those are EWUs. Pretty sad

How is that sad? Everyone played up but EWU... and Sac state. The only real game in all of those was EWU/SHSU and Montana/Wyoming

get'em_griz said:
Rjones61 said:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=302470149&period=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I'm more concerned about is EWU's defense giving up 9 points to a NAIA school... :coffee:

You mean when UM used their 3rd string QB to run the ball for negative yardage and turn it over rather than add insult to injury by kicking a FG?

Thanks for reminding us what showing some class is.

Brock Landers said:
Someone touched a nerve with these EWU guys. Good lord.

You're right. Seems like about half of their fan base has shown up here to try to defend their school.

The other half is busy picking bugs out of their skin while mumbling something about poptarts talking to them.

EverettGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
Rjones61 said:

You mean when UM used their 3rd string QB to run the ball for negative yardage and turn it over rather than add insult to injury by kicking a FG?

Oh please, you went for it on fourth down. We also had our second and third string out and we also turned it over on downs. There is no difference here.

Plus, it wasn't your quarterback who rushed it. Gerald Kemp was playing as a running back that game.

Or hey, how about in 2009 when you went for it on fourth down, up 51-0 on SFA with only 3:44 left in the game. How classless, UM.

Eriul said:
wait...

an EWU fan is lecturing Griz fans about class?

Yes. Quit putting yourselves on a pedestal. If EWU is a peice of s***, nature called for you a long time ago.

Rjones61 said:
EverettGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
Rjones61 said:

Oh please, you went for it on fourth down. We also had our second and third string out and we also turned it over on downs. There is no difference here.

Plus, it wasn't your quarterback who rushed it. Gerald Kemp was playing as a running back that game.
OK, smartass; what should UM have done in that situation, embarrass the opponent by taking a knee when there was plenty of clock left? What would EWU have done?

kemajic said:
Rjones61 said:
EverettGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

OK, smartass; what should UM have done in that situation, embarrass the opponent by taking a knee when there was plenty of clock left? What would EWU have done?

Okay, not very smart ass. If you had read, you would know that each of these fourth down situations are very similar to EWU's game on Saturday. (Only hey, EWU was ahead by less and had more time on the board. Whatever.)

My point is either both EWU and UM are classless, or both have class. Those are your choices.

kemajic said:

Thrown a jump ball for a TD. Adams needs the numbers for his campaign for the Payton this year...

Back