• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

** Week 8: @ Northern Arizona GDT **

Who wins this one?

• #10 Montana (5-1)

Votes: 60 71.4%
  • Northern Arizona (3-4)

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 60 71.4%

• Total voters
Brock Landers said:
NAUJacksFan said:
Fat Bruno said:
Let's hope it was just the season's worst case of over confidence.

Gimme a break. NAU was the better team. Both sides of the ball!! Not even close!
Not even close? Our offense had a QB throwing half his passes 10 feet over the heads of wide open receivers and we still put up 550. Your defense was just as terrible as ours was. Worse even.

170 of those yards came on our final two drives....meaningless yards...meaningless statistics.

UMGriz75 said:
Grizzoola said:
Blame goes from top down. One of the worst, if not THE worst, games I've seen the Griz played in. Souers outcoached Stitt & co. I don't know what Stitt & staff thought entering this game, but Souers pretty well had them figured out. By end of 1st half, I was hoping Stitt would jerk BG & put in Chalich. Hell, Chalich couldn't do any worse! Unfortunately, Stitt didn't have the excuse of an injury to BG to do that, like he had in the Liberty game, last year.
Jerome Souers is a knowledgeable, journeyman DI football coach. Stitt was a knowledgeable, journeyman DII football coach. He's obviously still in transition. Hard to blame any players in that game. Most of Griz Nation understands that when BG gets flustered, that's pretty much the game for him. Unfortunately, that part of Griz Nation that hasn't figured it out happens to be ... the Coach.

There was a camera shot on the sidelines of BG with his helmet off after a difficult series. Flustered? Maybe but it looked a lot worse than that.....

AZGrizFan said:
Brock Landers said:
NAUJacksFan said:
Fat Bruno said:
Let's hope it was just the season's worst case of over confidence.

Gimme a break. NAU was the better team. Both sides of the ball!! Not even close!
Not even close? Our offense had a QB throwing half his passes 10 feet over the heads of wide open receivers and we still put up 550. Your defense was just as terrible as ours was. Worse even.

170 of those yards came on our final two drives....meaningless yards...meaningless statistics.

I don't agree, particularly in this situation and game. Better than meaningless.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Brock Landers said:
NAUJacksFan said:

I don't agree, particularly in this situation and game. Better than meaningless.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. We were down 25 with 8 minutes to go. NAU went conservative and ran out the game....long, tedious TD drives were KILLERS. And we had two of em...meaningless yards if there ever was such a thing.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Brock Landers said:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. We were down 25 with 8 minutes to go. NAU went conservative and ran out the game....long, tedious TD drives were KILLERS. And we had two of em...meaningless yards if there ever was such a thing.

AZGrizFan gets it! NAU went ultra conservative in the 4th quarter when they got up 4 scores. No need to keep pouring it on. Unlike Stitt, who in the previous two blowouts over horrible teams, was throwing the ball late in the 4th quarter up by 50 points both games. What's up with that...

NAUJacksFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZGrizFan gets it! NAU went ultra conservative in the 4th quarter when they got up 4 scores. No need to keep pouring it on. Unlike Stitt, who in the previous two blowouts over horrible teams, was throwing the ball late in the 4th quarter up by 50 points both games. What's up with that...

First NO, Stitt wasn't pouring it on against Sac State. They played the second, then third string the ENTIRE 2nd half, and the Griz happened to return an INT for a score and break off a bunch of monster runs. Yes, the third-string QB was throwing bubble screens, not 50-yard bombs down the field. I suppose next you'll tell me the safety who had the pick six should have dropped the ball on purpose or tripped himself up.

Secondly, why come here to talk trash almost a week later? Everybody on this board pretty much gave NAU mad props for kicking the Griz' ass. I know I did. Why bother coming here to talk s--t now? Griz fans have been nothing but classy towards NAU's win.

Thirdly, if you don't like Bob Stitt for some reason, even though you've never met him, then you must think your head coach Jerome Souers is a bad judge of character. Because word on the street is, he and Stitt have become fast friends.

havgrizfan said:
NAUJacksFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

First NO, Stitt wasn't pouring it on against Sac State. They played the second, then third string the ENTIRE 2nd half, and the Griz happened to return an INT for a score and break off a bunch of monster runs. Yes, the third-string QB was throwing bubble screens, not 50-yard bombs down the field. I suppose next you'll tell me the safety who had the pick six should have dropped the ball on purpose or tripped himself up.

Secondly, why come here to talk trash almost a week later? Everybody on this board pretty much gave NAU mad props for kicking the Griz' ass. I know I did. Why bother coming here to talk s--t now? Griz fans have been nothing but classy towards NAU's win.

Thirdly, if you don't like Bob Stitt for some reason, even though you've never met him, then you must think your head coach Jerome Souers is a bad judge of character. Because word on the street is, he and Stitt have become fast friends.

Please accept my apologies. I do appreciate how much you guys are into your team! It's really cool!

Good Luck this week!

Latest posts

Back