• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Welcome aboard Willy Pflug

monte is a character said:
Of course the coaches promise a new recruit that he will get a chance to compete for a starting job. Part of recruiting the elite players. Furthermore, we have no returning QB with any real experience so it will be wide open.

He is looking at a program whose QB is a senior and whose backup is a Senior. No other QB on the roster has very much experience and no non-senior QB has even thrown a pass this year. I think Mr. Pflug get every chance to win the starting job. My concern is the same as Griz Oredigger. This offense is not built for his skill set. Good for the coaches getting a very good athlete but he uses his legs as a threat, where JJ has not been used like that, even before the injury.

putter said:
Of course the coaches promise a new recruit that he will get a chance to compete for a starting job. Part of recruiting the elite players. Furthermore, we have no returning QB with any real experience so it will be wide open.

He is looking at a program whose QB is a senior and whose backup is a Senior. No other QB on the roster has very much experience and no non-senior QB has even thrown a pass this year. I think Mr. Pflug get every chance to win the starting job. My concern is the same as Griz Oredigger. This offense is not built for his skill set. Good for the coaches getting a very good athlete but he uses his legs as a threat, where JJ has not been used like that, even before the injury.

so your saying the coaches don't have a clue how best to use their personnel. I concur wholeheartedly. Then, why do some griz fans want them to stick around next year? Inquiring minds want to know. :eek:

This kid looks promising and I'm glad we got the early commit.

Now, what's the over/under on when the geniuses on here will start calling him Phlug? ;)

CFallsGriz said:
This kid looks promising and I'm glad we got the early commit.

Now, what's the over/under on when the geniuses on here will start calling him Phlug? ;)
My phone still autocorrects to Pflugrad, so...

:lol:

putter said:

So far, fairly decent mid-season (senior year) high lights: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK7zZkFXdjo[/youtube] Huh, is there some kind of difference between what Willy is doing and what JJ is doing this year? That is to say, offensive scheme wise.

I hope Montana recruits some of Willy's receivers, and EWU recruits those defensive backs they're playing against.

Willie just De-commited. Apparently he talked to some current players about some local attorney who chases players around town, and got spooked by having to wear a chasity belt all of time while in Missoula.

Look at the video. There were only 3 designed runs. Other than that they were pocket, rolling pocket and sprint out passes. He was out of shotgun, but he can make all the throws. He does not play in a read option offense now. It is shotgun based pro passing scheme. Similar to what Denver runs for Manning.

BUMP........... After watching Connor Griffin's highlights, I watched Willie Pflug highlights. I have no doubt the QB position will be in great hands when his time comes. While watching, I was paying attention to some things Stitt talked about as for pocket presence, foot work, set up, square shoulders, eyes, etc.

This kid always keeps his eyes up field and scans the field terrific. The football is consistently above his waist when working behind the LOS, even when he is scrambling. He shuffles his feet well. His shoulders are consistently squared up field. Most his throws are with a quick release and very little wasted motion.

I absolutely love what this kid brings to the QB spot. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/848669/highlights/180318384/v2

mtgrizrule said:
BUMP........... After watching Connor Griffin's highlights, I watched Willie Pflug highlights. I have no doubt the QB position will be in great hands when his time comes. While watching, I was paying attention to some things Stitt talked about as for pocket presence, foot work, set up, square shoulders, eyes, etc.

This kid always keeps his eyes up field and scans the field terrific. The football is consistently above his waist when working behind the LOS, even when he is scrambling. He shuffles his feet well. His shoulders are consistently squared up field. Most his throws are with a quick release and very little wasted motion.

I absolutely love what this kid brings to the QB spot. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/848669/highlights/180318384/v2

:thumb:

this kid looks better than I remember, he can throw deep, slants, on the run either direction.....this must say something about Gustafson and Prater.........nice to be a griz !

krammer said:
this kid looks better than I remember, he can throw deep, slants, on the run either direction.....this must say something about Gustafson and Prater.........nice to be a griz !

The plan is to redshirt Pflug. I have a feeling he is going to be a great one. The only reason he is not playing BCS ball is because of his size.

Plug just actually being a HS Senior while in a D I spring camp is impressive enough. He shows great poise and had good numbers even though working with the O 3's against the D 1's was totally amazing. Pfluf is going to be a Colt McCoy type for the Griz with even bigger numbers than DD if he stays healthy. He is that good!

Richard Cranium said:
Plug just actually being a HS Senior while in a D I spring camp is impressive enough. He shows great poise and had good numbers even though working with the O 3's against the D 1's was totally amazing. Pfluf is going to be a Colt McCoy type for the Griz with even bigger numbers than DD if he stays healthy. He is that good!

Let's not do that to the kid before he's taken a single snap. :x

Richard Cranium said:

This might be the greatest example of hyperbole in the history of the universe!!!!!

AZGrizFan said:
Richard Cranium said:

Let's not do that to the kid before he's taken a single snap. :x

+1

Willy is a young man that some day will state he was simply not ready to play first string QB for the Griz at this point in his career. Yes Willy has great up sides and I expect great things from him in the future. Many young players need to wait until it is time. Like a fine wine! I am glad he is on our team.

mtgrizrule said:
krammer said:

The plan is to redshirt Pflug. I have a feeling he is going to be a great one. The only reason he is not playing BCS ball is because of his size.

Careful now. About the same size as Shoota, right? Took him a few years for someone to swoop him up. Never mind, getting ahead of myself.

Back