• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Welcome aboard Willy Pflug

For those of you who don't remember, Dave wasn't the starting QB his Soph. season, at least not till the tail end. He split time with another QB, Because Don Couldn't decide who was better in spring and fall camp.
Bonus points if you can Name the guy? :shock: My thinking Pflug, will own every Passing record at UM by the time he walks off the field for the last time.

Redonkuless1 said:
For those of you who don't remember, Dave wasn't the starting QB his Soph. season, at least not till the tail end. He split time with another QB, Because Don Couldn't decide who was better in spring and fall camp.
Bonus points if you can Name the guy? :shock: My thinking Pflug, will own every Passing record at UM by the time he walks off the field for the last time.

I'm probably wrong, but I'll guess Wilberger.

snap said:
Redonkuless1 said:

I'm probably wrong, but I'll guess Wilberger.

That's correct, Bert Wilberger. Lost the job in 1993 mid way thru the season. Was a hero in the 1994 playoffs when Dave had a bad ankle injury against McNeese St - one of the best games and comebacks I've ever seen.

Willy,

I too believe that you are the next coming of Dave Dickenson - but that and a quarter will get you a glass of ice water. But, if I were you, I would consider jumping in the car and driving 8 hours north to Calgary and having a chat with Dave. You and he share so much and it would be fascinating to talk with Dave about being a qb at this level. Being the ultimate good guy, Dave would be ever so pleased to share his experience with you.

I assume that Dave would be eager to let you be an observer at a Stampeder practice or two plus a game (if the NCAA so permits). Anyway, please pardon all of us who anxiously await watching you develop your game and pardon the endless comparisons to Dave.

Stop in on the way and I'll buy the pop.

Browningmontana

browningmontana said:
Willy,

I too believe that you are the next coming of Dave Dickenson - but that and a quarter will get you a glass of ice water. But, if I were you, I would consider jumping in the car and driving 8 hours north to Calgary and having a chat with Dave. You and he share so much and it would be fascinating to talk with Dave about being a qb at this level. Being the ultimate good guy, Dave would be ever so pleased to share his experience with you.

I assume that Dave would be eager to let you be an observer at a Stampeder practice or two plus a game (if the NCAA so permits). Anyway, please pardon all of us who anxiously await watching you develop your game and pardon the endless comparisons to Dave.

Stop in on the way and I'll buy the pop.

Browningmontana

Raincheck on the pop, etc until after he graduates college please. Look what free hotdogs and burgers did to the program..............geeeeeesh! :thumb:

It's probably a safe bet that Pflug isn't going to be driving through Browning any time soon, so everybody should probably just chill out :coffee:

I would advise Willy that since he is in Canada to swing by Revelstoke, BC. I was looking through a couple of old editions of Ski BC Magazine and apparently Revelstoke offers some of the best hands on experiences of the Western Canada. One witty writer opined:

"I like Canadian beer and Canadian women. Revelstoke offers the best of both. Best hand job opportunity hands down in Western Canada!"

Snap

Ursa Major said:
I would advise Willy that since he is in Canada to swing by Revelstoke, BC. I was looking through a couple of old editions of Ski BC Magazine and apparently Revelstoke offers some of the best hands on experiences of the Western Canada. One witty writer opined:

"I like Canadian beer and Canadian women. Revelstoke offers the best of both. Best hand job opportunity hands down in Western Canada!"

Snap

I'll take Fernie any day.

Back