• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Welcome to the O-line News Thread (Merge)

RayWill said:
signedbewildered said:
Latest Hauck reference to the O line...…

"I think it's an area of major concern. That's what I think."

Could be a season breaker.....

From spring camp, this has been my concern. Still believe one of the reasons Sneed was brought in. Gresch I don't think would stand a chance without growing some happy feet.

Will the O line be a disaster? I don't believe so but still our weakest link by far and it's gonna hurt us.

Combination of things got us to this point. You would think Bobby was doing all he could to get some more help here that could play right away.

Some kids are gonna have to grow up really fast the first couple of games.

If this is truly a weakness, as fans we need to pay attention to what the coaches do to compensate for the lack of experience and depth on the OL.

Against a quality defense, coaches will need to call for a lot of quick passes (slants and hooks), quick hitting runs (a lot of dives), and screens (defense will likely be very aggressive to test the OL). Expect a lot of 2 TE and FB packages as well.

Against weaker defenses, I hope the GRIZ experiment with longer developing plays, more 3, 4, and 5 WR packages. Only after they put up a solid lead.

If the GRIZ decide to call plays that hinder an OL, then I feel some criticism to coaches would be warranted. I hope this offensive staff is not as hindered, stubborn, etc as it was when RP was Hauck's OC. I'm hoping that Hauck learned some lessons from that time.

If we at egriz are complimentary toward the play calling and execution, then we will all be happy after the game. How possible is that?

Back