• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who's your pick for QB?

Eriul said:
TBH I'm a feminist, not one of those fem-nazi man haters. I do believe in equality of genders. That means I am not offended by being called a "chick" just like guys shouldn't be offended by being called a "dude"

Must be getting old. I have never gotten used to females calling each other "dude".

Grizzly96 said:
Longtime reader and fan, first time posting: I believe we have 3 really great prospects at QB. Our Senior was a D1 recruit for an SEC school, I don't care if it was Kentucky, still a D1 school in the SEC and he's looked impressive thus far this spring from reports. Seems to have right attitude and at least a certain grasp of offense.

Our Junior, while a JUCO product, came from a well respected and known talent filled JUCO in a strong conference. Played TEXAS high school football and while researching him I found he played a semi final playoff game in NRG Stadium(Texans) and the state game in ATT stadium(Cowboys) in front of almost 40,000 fans!! While not college, that's still some big game experience in front of a lot of fans. Also, he has played against D1 talent, just look up the recruits from the teams he played against.

Our redshirt freshman has more accolades then I could list here and while it is my understanding he wasn't offered by D1 schools he was heavily recruited by them. In my opinion and it's just that, I think we have 3 great prospects to choose from for the next four years. Whether it is a combination of two, all three, or just one it still looks pretty good. Yes, this offense asks a lot of the QB and all three from what I have heard, possess the intelligence to operate it. I do not know an offense in today's game that does not ask a lot of the QB, in spread, pro, or any other offensive formation so this should not be an issue to ask our QB to do the same.

Mobility at the QB position is a must in today's game. That is not to say he needs to be a RUNNING QB, but he needs to have the ability to move in the pocket, escape pressure, extend plays, and then make a few with his feet when needed. One of the biggest factors in a QB that is so often overlooked is toughness. I do not care about stats, they can be deceiving both for and against, but I do care about toughness, having a little nasty about him that says I am going to beat you no matter what. Does not have to be pretty, just get the job done. Teams follow that and when that guy is your QB, teams rally around that will find ways to win. Excited to see what these three can bring to the table and maybe, just maybe, bring a little nasty back into Montana Griz football. Honestly, that is what we all want.
:thumb: :clap: Good analysis, & OT. (FIFY on paragraphing. Ok, write your piece, but go back & every 10 or so lines, let the reader come up for air.)

Grizzoola said:
Grizzly96 said:
Longtime reader and fan, first time posting: I believe we have 3 really great prospects at QB. Our Senior was a D1 recruit for an SEC school, I don't care if it was Kentucky, still a D1 school in the SEC and he's looked impressive thus far this spring from reports. Seems to have right attitude and at least a certain grasp of offense.

Our Junior, while a JUCO product, came from a well respected and known talent filled JUCO in a strong conference. Played TEXAS high school football and while researching him I found he played a semi final playoff game in NRG Stadium(Texans) and the state game in ATT stadium(Cowboys) in front of almost 40,000 fans!! While not college, that's still some big game experience in front of a lot of fans. Also, he has played against D1 talent, just look up the recruits from the teams he played against.

Our redshirt freshman has more accolades then I could list here and while it is my understanding he wasn't offered by D1 schools he was heavily recruited by them. In my opinion and it's just that, I think we have 3 great prospects to choose from for the next four years. Whether it is a combination of two, all three, or just one it still looks pretty good. Yes, this offense asks a lot of the QB and all three from what I have heard, possess the intelligence to operate it. I do not know an offense in today's game that does not ask a lot of the QB, in spread, pro, or any other offensive formation so this should not be an issue to ask our QB to do the same.

Mobility at the QB position is a must in today's game. That is not to say he needs to be a RUNNING QB, but he needs to have the ability to move in the pocket, escape pressure, extend plays, and then make a few with his feet when needed. One of the biggest factors in a QB that is so often overlooked is toughness. I do not care about stats, they can be deceiving both for and against, but I do care about toughness, having a little nasty about him that says I am going to beat you no matter what. Does not have to be pretty, just get the job done. Teams follow that and when that guy is your QB, teams rally around that will find ways to win. Excited to see what these three can bring to the table and maybe, just maybe, bring a little nasty back into Montana Griz football. Honestly, that is what we all want.
:thumb: :clap: Good analysis, & OT. (FIFY on paragraphing. Ok, write your piece, but go back & every 10 or so lines, let the reader come up for air.)

:thumb:

Grizzly96 said:
Longtime reader and fan, first time posting:

I believe we have 3 really great prospects at QB. Our Senior was a D1 recruit for an SEC school, I don't care if it was Kentucky, still a D1 school in the SEC and he's looked impressive thus far this spring from reports. Seems to have right attitude and at least a certain grasp of offense. Our Junior, while a JUCO product, came from a well respected and known talent filled JUCO in a strong conference. Played TEXAS high school football and while researching him I found he played a semi final playoff game in NRG Stadium(Texans) and the state game in ATT stadium(Cowboys) in front of almost 40,000 fans!! While not college, that's still some big game experience in front of a lot of fans. Also, he has played against D1 talent, just look up the recruits from the teams he played against. Our redshirt freshman has more accolades then I could list here and while it is my understanding he wasn't offered by D1 schools he was heavily recruited by them. In my opinion and it's just that, I think we have 3 great prospects to choose from for the next four years. Whether it is a combination of two, all three, or just one it still looks pretty good. Yes, this offense asks a lot of the QB and all three from what I have heard, possess the intelligence to operate it. I do not know an offense in today's game that does not ask a lot of the QB, in spread, pro, or any other offensive formation so this should not be an issue to ask our QB to do the same. Mobility at the QB position is a must in today's game. That is not to say he needs to be a RUNNING QB, but he needs to have the ability to move in the pocket, escape pressure, extend plays, and then make a few with his feet when needed. One of the biggest factors in a QB that is so often overlooked is toughness. I do not care about stats, they can be deceiving both for and against, but I do care about toughness, having a little nasty about him that says I am going to beat you no matter what. Does not have to be pretty, just get the job done. Teams follow that and when that guy is your QB, teams rally around that will find ways to win. Excited to see what these three can bring to the table and maybe, just maybe, bring a little nasty back into Montana Griz football. Honestly, that is what we all want.

Keep posting.

Copper Griz said:
Grizzly96 said:

I believe we have 3 really great prospects at QB. Our Senior was a D1 recruit for an SEC school, I don't care if it was Kentucky, still a D1 school in the SEC and he's looked impressive thus far this spring from reports. Seems to have right attitude and at least a certain grasp of offense. Our Junior, while a JUCO product, came from a well respected and known talent filled JUCO in a strong conference. Played TEXAS high school football and while researching him I found he played a semi final playoff game in NRG Stadium(Texans) and the state game in ATT stadium(Cowboys) in front of almost 40,000 fans!! While not college, that's still some big game experience in front of a lot of fans. Also, he has played against D1 talent, just look up the recruits from the teams he played against. Our redshirt freshman has more accolades then I could list here and while it is my understanding he wasn't offered by D1 schools he was heavily recruited by them. In my opinion and it's just that, I think we have 3 great prospects to choose from for the next four years. Whether it is a combination of two, all three, or just one it still looks pretty good. Yes, this offense asks a lot of the QB and all three from what I have heard, possess the intelligence to operate it. I do not know an offense in today's game that does not ask a lot of the QB, in spread, pro, or any other offensive formation so this should not be an issue to ask our QB to do the same. Mobility at the QB position is a must in today's game. That is not to say he needs to be a RUNNING QB, but he needs to have the ability to move in the pocket, escape pressure, extend plays, and then make a few with his feet when needed. One of the biggest factors in a QB that is so often overlooked is toughness. I do not care about stats, they can be deceiving both for and against, but I do care about toughness, having a little nasty about him that says I am going to beat you no matter what. Does not have to be pretty, just get the job done. Teams follow that and when that guy is your QB, teams rally around that will find ways to win. Excited to see what these three can bring to the table and maybe, just maybe, bring a little nasty back into Montana Griz football. Honestly, that is what we all want.

Keep posting.

:egriz:

Grizzly96 said:
Copper Griz said:
Grizzly96 said:

Keep posting.

:egriz:

The Pride and Tradition of the Montana Grizzlies QB will not be entrusted to the timid or the unintelligent!

Eriul wrote: ↑Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:54 am
TBH I'm a feminist, not one of those fem-nazi man haters. I do believe in equality of genders. That means I am not offended by being called a "chick" just like guys shouldn't be offended by being called a "dude"

Eriul - thanks for your clarification of your position. I will feel no need to defend your feminist approach in the future, because as you know I generally disagree with you on the effectiveness of last year's offense and Stitt's vision for the quarterback in his future offensive scheme. I only hope that AZ can be so magnanimous when instead of calling him a chick we refer to him as a cock. I'll delete my account when he deletes his.

So what is this rumor I heard that STITT has already announced the new starting quarterback. I heard it's Phillips. Does anyone know anything about this rumor?

LivingstonNative said:
So what is this rumor I heard that STITT has already announced the new starting quarterback. I heard it's Phillips. Does anyone know anything about this rumor?

This is wrong but Phillips is coming into Spring as the presumed number one as gogriz reports. Not sure what that means since all three will get about equal reps. I think pretty much if we had to play a game tomorrow he would start. Luckily we are a long ways from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
Imagine what BG's numbers could of been if he had even a semi reliable receiving corp??

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Or if he was more than an average QB.

He is above average. And he showed that in 2015 with Jones, Henderson, and Roberts.

Without BG, the Griz definitely lose the home opener to NDSU - big time performance that should tell you a lot about his game.

After that win against NDSU, teams figured Stitt out and Stitt still hasn't adjusted his offense.

Drops plagued the 2016 receivers. Would you disagree with that?

I guarantee Phillips will start at QB.

And I guarantee by mid-season everyone will be complaining that Stitt isn't utilizing a "mobile QB".

griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
Imagine what BG's numbers could of been if he had even a semi reliable receiving corp??

He is above average. And he showed that in 2015 with Jones, Henderson, and Roberts.

Without BG, the Griz definitely lose the home opener to NDSU - big time performance that should tell you a lot about his game.

After that win against NDSU, teams figured Stitt out and Stitt still hasn't adjusted his offense.

Actually, I think the receivers in 2015 made BG better and the receivers in 2016 could not play to the same level. BG was an average QB both seasons.

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:

Actually, I think the receivers in 2015 made BG better and the receivers in 2016 could not play to the same level. BG was an average QB both seasons.

Ha. Alright..

He looked pretty good in that opener against NDSU, no?

After that, I put a lot of the offensive struggles on Stitt and the coaching staff. I don't disagree BG could have played better, but to not look at the whole picture is foolish.

Who would have thought Stitt would go hire an OC from ISU after year 2?

QB's looked pretty good today. In pads. Rain in middle of practice. Young o-lineman are very athletic. A certain prolific poster whimped and left early during the rain. Of course, can't tell what's there or going on, but I like what I see.

IF Thayne Jackson is capable at RT (which would be awesome), I hope they find a home for Ralston somewhere that let's him see the field.

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
Who would have thought Stitt would go hire an OC from ISU after year 2?

to NOT be an OC.

Just like how Stitt doesn't use TE's? Sure...

You don't hire an up and coming OC to not contribute in that aspect in some sense.

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:

like this?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulDMorton/status/800506707457679360[/tweet]

Back