• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who's your pick for QB?

brewskis said:
Okay PR, you're right. And it's good to see that his postseason accolades support your stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't take a "stance". I posted 2 passing stats for BG, taken straight from the ncaa website.

Eriul said:
fanofzoo said:
Eriul said:
brewskis said:
JLM taking a bubble screen 80 yards to the house helps your AVERAGE yards per throw out pretty well. Says more about your receivers than the QB.

and receivers dropping 5-6 balls a game hurts your AVERAGE yards per throw out too.

C'mon. You guys just hate BG. He had a great year and you all just hate that our Offense was one of the best we've seen in a while yet we still lost games because of the defense and a few games where we couldn't score. But everyone will blame the offense for not scoring and not the defense for allowing 40 ppg or whatever it was.

No one hates BG but I wouldn't say he had a great year. Egiz people have a higher expectation of things because we have seen them fulfilled, all over the field, over time.
"our Offense was one of the best we've seen"---please put down the pipe

Sorry what pipe? I'm speaking straight numbers. Last years offense was one of the best we've seen in recent history from a statistical standpoint in every single category but wins... now if you wanna blame 1 phase of the team for the losses be my guest but that's plain ignorance

I bet you are TOP kinda of guy.

fanofzoo said:
Eriul said:
fanofzoo said:
Eriul said:
and receivers dropping 5-6 balls a game hurts your AVERAGE yards per throw out too.

C'mon. You guys just hate BG. He had a great year and you all just hate that our Offense was one of the best we've seen in a while yet we still lost games because of the defense and a few games where we couldn't score. But everyone will blame the offense for not scoring and not the defense for allowing 40 ppg or whatever it was.

No one hates BG but I wouldn't say he had a great year. Egiz people have a higher expectation of things because we have seen them fulfilled, all over the field, over time.

Sorry what pipe? I'm speaking straight numbers. Last years offense was one of the best we've seen in recent history from a statistical standpoint in every single category but wins... now if you wanna blame 1 phase of the team for the losses be my guest but that's plain ignorance

Well, first off, she's a chick.

2nd off...our offense had great MOMENTS. Great STRETCHES. But most certainly not a great SEASON. A great offense doesn't put up 24 against NoCo. 17 against MSU. Back to back. That was NOT one of those stretches.

by AZGrizFan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:09 pm

AZ - couldn't you make at least a feeble attempt to be politically correct and say "Well, first off, she's a woman" although that doesn't sound so good either. I don't think you meant the "first off" bit to imply that a women would have less a right to an opinion than a man but it does sound that way. I think you simply were correcting the gender issue (i.e. assuption that Eriul is a man) and if that is the case then please try to do it in a more effective manner. At some point in time your reliance on 50 year old stereotypes are going to bite you in your ass. But of course you do live in Arizona so I guess we should expect too much.

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
Eriul said:
fanofzoo said:

2nd off...our offense had great MOMENTS. Great STRETCHES. But most certainly not a great SEASON. A great offense doesn't put up 24 against NoCo. 17 against MSU. Back to back. That was NOT one of those stretches.

Well excuse me but AZ kinda of hits home, there was not much confidence/continuity in our offense.

Eriul said:
brewskis said:
JLM taking a bubble screen 80 yards to the house helps your AVERAGE yards per throw out pretty well. Says more about your receivers than the QB.

Eriul - I won't argue against your comments pertaining to the defense. If what you are saying about the offense is true - then I think you have to take into consideration the opponents we played. The BSC was weak. Very weak minus EWU. Secondly, if what you said about the offense was true, then Stitt would have to be given a great deal of credit. I am not In the Bob Stitt is a genius camp and I don't think he deserves credit for a very sub par year. I think he is a good coach, but the last two years don't give an accurate picture of his abilities. The next two years will. (Maybe one if this season is a disaster, which I think is unlikely).
Now about BG. Hate is a damn strong word for a kid who is playing college football. Hate him. Hell no. I don't know the young man and everything I have heard about him (off the field) has been very positive. I wish him nothing but the best and I wish he would make in the NFL. He was not my favorite Griz QB and I just don't think his performance or the rest of the offenses was consistent and overly impressive. You can't lay that at the feet of BG alone, but he was at the helm. Stitt going into year three with a new QB will be interesting. This year will be very telling. Yes, even for the defense.

Copper Griz said:
Eriul said:
brewskis said:

Eriul - I won't argue against your comments pertaining to the defense. If what you are saying about the offense is true - then I think you have to take into consideration the opponents we played. The BSC was weak. Very weak minus EWU. Secondly, if what you said about the offense was true, then Stitt would have to be given a great deal of credit. I am not In the Bob Stitt is a genius camp and I don't think he deserves credit for a very sub par year. I think he is a good coach, but the last two years don't give an accurate picture of his abilities. The next two years will. (Maybe one if this season is a disaster, which I think is unlikely).
Now about BG. Hate is a damn strong word for a kid who is playing college football. Hate him. Hell no. I don't know the young man and everything I have heard about him (off the field) has been very positive. I wish him nothing but the best and I wish he would make in the NFL. He was not my favorite Griz QB and I just don't think his performance or the rest of the offenses was consistent and overly impressive. You can't lay that at the feet of BG alone, but he was at the helm. Stitt going into year three with a new QB will be interesting. This year will be very telling. Yes, even for the defense.

Okay, maybe you're not as dumb as I thought. Ha. Good post.

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
Eriul said:
fanofzoo said:

Exactly. Brady's postseason awards are representative of his ENTIRE body of work this last season. I liked Brady....great guy and was brilliant at times. But you can't ride the statistical advantages of running up the score on the weaker opponents. There is still a lot of room to grow at QB. We'll see how the 3 new faces pan out here this season.

sdk.catfish said:

AZ - couldn't you make at least a feeble attempt to be politically correct and say "Well, first off, she's a woman" although that doesn't sound so good either. I don't think you meant the "first off" bit to imply that a women would have less a right to an opinion than a man but it does sound that way. I think you simply were correcting the gender issue (i.e. assuption that Eriul is a man) and if that is the case then please try to do it in a more effective manner. At some point in time your reliance on 50 year old stereotypes are going to bite you in your ass. But of course you do live in Arizona so I guess we should expect too much.

Well first off, I don't live in Arizona. And second of all, the absolute LAST fucking place I'm going to be politically correct is a football message board. I abhor it in all its forms and bastardazations, so take your political correctness and kindly shove it up your arse. :cool: :thumb:

sdk.catfish said:

Eriul IS a chick; if you don't believe me ask HER and DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!

TBH I'm a feminist, not one of those fem-nazi man haters. I do believe in equality of genders. That means I am not offended by being called a "chick" just like guys shouldn't be offended by being called a "dude"

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:
Eriul said:
brewskis said:

Okay, maybe you're not as dumb as I thought. Ha. Good post.

:thumb:

poorgriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
poorgriz said:
And yet BG was your best QB option "By far" as Stitt mentioned many, many times. Most of you guys just don't get it, but Member Berries does. Stitt's "system" puts waaaaaaay too much pressure on the QB, and that's why it will never be consistently successful. Not to mention the fact you need not only one phenom QB to run your offense effectively but rather you need at least two and probably three. Stitt is dead set on that maximum offensive snap count which almost always leads to injuries. It's simple math.

Somebody gets it....

I actually 100% disagree with you poorgirz....imagine that.

I think many of our former QBs would have thrived in Stitts system....Selle and JJ would have both done ridiculously good in his system.

What Stitts system requires is a stone cold mentality from your QB....Brady just was not wired that way....

Again..... then why was BG the best QB to run your system "By far" out of all the QBs on your roster? Stitt is a very smart guy (I'll give him that). He knew BG was your best option to win games. BG is a very smart QB, quick thinker, and he had a cannon. If you guys all think you're magically going to see a huge upgrade at the QB position in 2017 I think you're setting yourselves up for a let down. You may be improved at QB but time will tell.

Stitt had 1 year to go out and find someone who could beat Brady out, not likely. I dont think our QB play will be vastly improved this year. Do I think it can be equal or about as good, yes.

BG is smart and had a great arm. What I'm saying is the kid could be shook fairly easily. People get in around his feet or he takes a couple shots and his game goes to shit...thats a fact.

Can i just say. Who gives a damn about BG and last season anymore? Let's just move on. Same tired arguments over and over. Won't be surprised if you are still all arguing it when the first kick off of this season commences.

RayWill said:
Can i just say. Who gives a damn about BG and last season anymore? Let's just move on. Same tired arguments over and over. Won't be surprised if you are still all arguing it when the first kick off of this season commences.

No sh!t. We ought to just thank BG for all he gave the Griz, the University of Montana, Missoula, and our state for the last 4-5 years and move on.

Longtime reader and fan, first time posting:

I believe we have 3 really great prospects at QB. Our Senior was a D1 recruit for an SEC school, I don't care if it was Kentucky, still a D1 school in the SEC and he's looked impressive thus far this spring from reports. Seems to have right attitude and at least a certain grasp of offense. Our Junior, while a JUCO product, came from a well respected and known talent filled JUCO in a strong conference. Played TEXAS high school football and while researching him I found he played a semi final playoff game in NRG Stadium(Texans) and the state game in ATT stadium(Cowboys) in front of almost 40,000 fans!! While not college, that's still some big game experience in front of a lot of fans. Also, he has played against D1 talent, just look up the recruits from the teams he played against. Our redshirt freshman has more accolades then I could list here and while it is my understanding he wasn't offered by D1 schools he was heavily recruited by them. In my opinion and it's just that, I think we have 3 great prospects to choose from for the next four years. Whether it is a combination of two, all three, or just one it still looks pretty good. Yes, this offense asks a lot of the QB and all three from what I have heard, possess the intelligence to operate it. I do not know an offense in today's game that does not ask a lot of the QB, in spread, pro, or any other offensive formation so this should not be an issue to ask our QB to do the same. Mobility at the QB position is a must in today's game. That is not to say he needs to be a RUNNING QB, but he needs to have the ability to move in the pocket, escape pressure, extend plays, and then make a few with his feet when needed. One of the biggest factors in a QB that is so often overlooked is toughness. I do not care about stats, they can be deceiving both for and against, but I do care about toughness, having a little nasty about him that says I am going to beat you no matter what. Does not have to be pretty, just get the job done. Teams follow that and when that guy is your QB, teams rally around that will find ways to win. Excited to see what these three can bring to the table and maybe, just maybe, bring a little nasty back into Montana Griz football. Honestly, that is what we all want.

Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
BG was 6th in the nation for passing yards per game, and 20th for passing efficiency.

I am sure power rankings and strength of schedule had nothing to do with that? What would the numbers have looked like if the BSC had more that two teams in the top 20? CAA and MVC level of competition? Stats can be twisted ten ways until Sunday. Throwing arbitrary numbers out mean Sh$t. Hell the backup quarterback even broke records against ISU if I remember correctly. He probably would have eclipsed BG's numbers using a selective stats logic.

You can use stats to tell whatever story you want...its done every day.....

The easiest way to judge a player is what you see week in and out...

What I saw was when Brady was hit or pressured early in the game...he started losing his shit and usually put 3-4 balls into the stands on 10 yard outs......

All the talent and brains you could ask for, but when it comes to QB play sometimes you just need a guy that has that "IT" factor....

Brady did not have "IT"

The big problem on offense in Stitt's first 2 years has been lack of consistency of the offense. Both the offense and the qb's have been very good much of the time, and then not so much. BG had some truly outstanding games. Chalich had one this year. The 3d teamer had one a year ago. All of the ab's were inconsistent.

So, what was the main problem causing that? The design of the offense? Putting too much pressure on the qb? The performance of the qb's? Other personnel in the offense (receivers, o-lineman, lack of strong running game)? I don't know, but my impression is that that the bulk of the inconsistency can't be pinned on BG.

sdk.catfish said:

weee oooo weee ooooo PC POLICE...PC POLICE

635878310102399802327298504_southpark.jpg

Back