• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wyoming hospitality

Great trip. Loved hanging out with all the eGrizzers (except you f-ckers who kept buying shots) and also enjoyed all the Wyoming fans we met. Thanks for the welcome and the hospitality.

This game should be a home-and -home every year.

But if it does happen, book early and avoid the Ramada. :eek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
To those who attended... What is your best guess at the number of Griz fans in the stands?

I am terrible at estimating numbers, but our allotted visiting section was filled up pretty well, and there were maroon shirts dotted throughout the stadium.

Grizzlies1982 said:
To those who attended... What is your best guess at the number of Griz fans in the stands?
Whatever a lower level section was. There were others scattered around, but that was the bulk of it. More than a thousand, less than 2,000.

EverettGriz said:
Great trip. Loved hanging out with all the eGrizzers (except you f-ckers who kept buying shots) and also enjoyed all the Wyoming fans we met. Thanks for the welcome and the hospitality.

I cant imagine the Travel Inn was much better. The only thing it had going for it was the location.

griz4life said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Whatever a lower level section was. There were others scattered around, but that was the bulk of it. More than a thousand, less than 2,000.

But those of us that were there had an AWESOME time! Great GSA tailgate and even the weather delays were interesting. :thumb: :clap:

EverettGriz said:

That'll never happen as long as UM remains in the FCS. The Mountain West, like practically every other FBS conference, does not permit its members to go on the road to an FCS school.
But yeah, it would be a natural...

MrTitleist said:
Had a blast this weekend.. we tore Laramie a new one Friday night and had a great time. Griz fans and Poke fans played nice all weekend. A very huge group of us went out Friday to Altitude, then cruised the bars together and everywhere we went was great. Helped having a terrific crew to hang with.. from tailgating in the Ramada parking lot (long story with a TON of laughs) with EverettGriz, AlphaGriz, gah-riz to dining with the Peevy clan, plus Hammer and his crew taking over the Buckhorn. So much fun. Great weekend.

Wyoming fans were great. Had a great time with fellow Griz fans, Poke fans, and the confused (MrTitleist)!

Bloody Mary bar at the Born In A Barn was excellent.

Other than the loss and the POS that is the Laramie Ramada...my crew of 8 all had a blast.

Wyoming fans were great. Had a great time with fellow Griz fans, Poke fans, and the confused (MrTitleist)!

Bloody Mary bar at the Born In A Barn was excellent.

Other than the loss and the POS that is the Laramie Ramada...my crew of 8 all had a blast.

Some wyoming fans were dicks, but I guess if I had to attend school in Laramie I'd be an asshat as well. Ramada was horrible. My rental car was more comfortable and cleaner. Good times though. Fun was had...except for the weather delays. There wasn't even lightning in the area.

EverettGriz said:
Great trip. ....

I didn't go, but watched from here... It's taken me about a decade, but I am now pretty much in the "move up" column, and I think we'd be competitive very quickly in the MWC. Wyoming, unless I read the wrong article, was picked to finish fourth in its conference division. I would think Montana would almost immediately be middling in the conference, and not take long to rise toward the top. Those schools seem more like peer institutions academically IMHO, too. I'd like to see it in the next couple of years because the FBS is GOING to move to a bigger playoff and I'd like UM to be in the mix for that. NOT trying to hijack the thread, just saying.

GO GRIZ!

GrizGuy said:
EverettGriz said:
Great trip. ....

I didn't go, but watched from here... It's taken me about a decade, but I am now pretty much in the "move up" column, and I think we'd be competitive very quickly in the MWC. Wyoming, unless I read the wrong article, was picked to finish fourth in its conference division. I would think Montana would almost immediately be middling in the conference, and not take long to rise toward the top. Those schools seem more like peer institutions academically IMHO, too. I'd like to see it in the next couple of years because the FBS is GOING to move to a bigger playoff and I'd like UM to be in the mix for that. NOT trying to hijack the thread, just saying.

GO GRIZ!

Every Wyoming fan I talked to down in Laramie told me they want Montana to move up so we can have a home-and-home every year. There is no doubt that the Griz could compete right away in the MWC.

We had a super good experience as well. My parking concerns were alleviated immediately when we found a church parking lot right across the street selling spaces for $10. They said they didn't care whether it was money from a Griz or a Cowboy fan as it was all going to the church. We had a lot of Cowboy fans thanking us for coming and afterwards saying what a scare we gave them. We did not stay in Laramie as we had family in Denver, so the only thing that I thought was crappy was the bathrooms and the concessions. Totally nasty. The renovation budget evidently went upstairs to the suites.

Great hospitality at the game, would travel to Wyoming anytime to see the Griz play. It was only after the game at a steakhouse-bar in Cheyenne when a Cowboy fan was a bit on the loud side and shouted out at us that he was sorry he didn't know there were "Griz fans in the house, and sorry to hurt our feelings" and then proceeded to say "how about those delays, have you ever seen anything like it?" I was back at him and said "first of all you didn't hurt my feelings, and secondly yeah those poor Cowboys, the Griz don't have weather delays they just play through it!" He said I was a smart *ss, but since he acted like a jerk he wanted to buy us dinner. So it wasn't until we were leaving and asked for our bill (approx. $150 dollar steak dinner with drinks, etc.), the waitress said the "jerk at the bar paid our tab!" Now thats what I call hospitality!

Grizhugger said:
Great hospitality at the game, would travel to Wyoming anytime to see the Griz play. It was only after the game at a steakhouse-bar in Cheyenne when a Cowboy fan was a bit on the loud side and shouted out at us that he was sorry he didn't know there were "Griz fans in the house, and sorry to hurt our feelings" and then proceeded to say "how about those delays, have you ever seen anything like it?" I was back at him and said "first of all you didn't hurt my feelings, and secondly yeah those poor Cowboys, the Griz don't have weather delays they just play through it!" He said I was a smart *ss, but since he acted like a jerk he wanted to buy us dinner. So it wasn't until we were leaving and asked for our bill (approx. $150 dollar steak dinner with drinks, etc.), the waitress said the "jerk at the bar paid our tab!" Now thats what I call hospitality!

:clap:

That's a good way to make up for being a jerk. :lol:

billings_poke said:
We have an FCS opening in 2017

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west/wyoming-cowboys.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NDSU is looking for a FBS game that year :D

THE HERD said:
billings_poke said:
We have an FCS opening in 2017

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west/wyoming-cowboys.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NDSU is looking for a FBS game that year :D

Packers and Vikings not returning calls again?

Went to a game in Laramie a few years back when we played there and was treated real well. Several fans shook our hands and thanked us for coming. As long as you're not BYU or Colorado St fans Poke fans will show you much respect.

Back