• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nigel Bethel/Chevoski Collins - Rumor Alert

StumptownGriz

Wonder why Shann is following him on Twitter :? Ran a 10.39 100M and named a top 10 fastest player in all of college football by Bleacher Report. Spring ball has just begun and everyone on this board is losing their minds already so here is a rumor to discuss. Oh and nobody cares who's better friends with coach Shann. Let's talk football and who we might have coming down the pipe to fill a huge need at CB.

Edit: Added Chevoski Collins former Texas DB and currently still available Scottsdale CC DB to the title of this thread for discussion.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/07/16/nigel-bethel-punch-amber-battle-video-charges-dismissed/

Dude has some major baggage and possibly academic issues. Would be a very high risk high reward type of transfer.

BIG TIME TALENT

https://youtu.be/OI5sHZ2mvTk

Punched a TT woman's basketball player in the face, broke her jaw. Not practicing this spring so he can focus on academics #winner.

Jimmy Wilson bit a girl and we welcomed him back with open arms (not trying to open up that can of worms). Not condoning his retaliation towards that girl pushing him but charges were dismissed. I'm on the fence here. Anyone feel he deserves a second chance with UM?

Also like the other player he is following Chevoski Collins former University of Texas CB now playing at Scottsdale CC

StumptownGriz said:
Jimmy Wilson bit a girl and we welcomed him back with open arms (not trying to open up that can of worms). Not condoning his retaliation towards that girl pushing him but charges were dismissed. I'm on the fence here. Anyone feel he deserves a second chance with UM?
I have the same opinion as you. I have seen some girls beat guys up and they needed to be punched back, but overall, my blood boils when I hear of a guy beating up a girl physically or emotionally. Maybe more to the story since the charges were dismissed.

grizfan1984 said:
Also like the other player he is following Chevoski Collins former University of Texas CB now playing at Scottsdale CC
Collins was kicked off the team by Charlie Strong with a lot of others so he has some baggage as well. Doesn't seem as serious as Bethel and Strong was trying hard to send a message to the Longhorns. Kid has serious talent but could never get out of Strongs doghouse.

StumptownGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:
Collins was kicked off the team by Charlie Strong with a lot of others so he has some baggage as well. Doesn't seem as serious as Bethel and Strong was trying hard to send a message to the Longhorns. Kid has serious talent but could never get out of Strongs doghouse.

Collins following Hall, Swett and Schillinger

Not worth it IMO for a program still recovering from raper face. That's assault plain and simple. Only need a majority for a grand jury decision. This is a slam dunk in a non-grand jury jurisdiction.

StumptownGriz said:

Not quite accurate. Wilson's "bite" was very minor, occurred coming home in a car late from the bars when the girl, who was lying across the front seat and a friend of Wilson's stuck her leg up in his face. It wasn't even clear if it was a bite at all, as opposed to a mark caused by the leg hitting his teeth. She didn't complain in the car. Wilson was already on the team, but then unable to practice for almost a week. So, not quite "open arms" after the incident, but yes he was quickly back on the field.

Thrown punches happen often in pickup games in my experience. No one to keep things from getting out of control. She popped him, he popped her back. Not great but overblown IMO. If you want to play with the guys you got to be ready to be treated like one.

Sure, when the press asks coach why his star CB broke a woman's jaw, Stitt can just reply "she hit him first." Who wouldn't understand?

PlayerRep said:
StumptownGriz said:

Not quite accurate. Wilson's "bite" was very minor, occurred coming home in a car late from the bars when the girl, who was lying across the front seat and a friend of Wilson's stuck her leg up in his face. It wasn't even clear if it was a bite at all, as opposed to a mark caused by the leg hitting his teeth. She didn't complain in the car. Wilson was already on the team, but then unable to practice for almost a week. So, not quite "open arms" after the incident, but yes he was quickly back on the field.
Gotta love those "your leg hit my teeth" bites that are visible hours later. Reminds me of the JFK magic bullet theory.

Back