• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nigel Bethel/Chevoski Collins - Rumor Alert

Just reading the USA Today article...this happened in 2014?, the charges were dropped, he was cleared of wrongdoing by a grand jury, and the other person involved in the fight publicly took equal responsibility. He was reinstated to the team. I'm certainly not one to judge if he is a bad person or a person who made a stupid mistake. If he came, he'd no doubt be on a very short leash. Totally up to the coaches. To some hitting a woman is the worst thing in the world...to some, kicking a dog is...to some, collecting food stamps is. Few things are actually black and white. If there are other crimes he is currently on trial for, then that's another matter. Again...I expect the coaches to do their research and make a decision that they are comfortable with.

"Just reading the USA Today article...this happened in 2014?, the charges were dropped, he was cleared of wrongdoing by a grand jury, and the other person involved in the fight publicly took equal responsibility. He was reinstated to the team."

Being a bad Christian, there are still a few things I will never forgive. A man striking a woman is one of them.....but.....(without researching further) "cleared of any wrong doing" if that is truly the case, speaks volumes.

JJ, he was found "guilty" by the University, and for the most part by much of the public, one newspaper/reporter in particular and one well know author.

That is all.

Alaska Griz said:
Just reading the USA Today article...this happened in 2014?, the charges were dropped, he was cleared of wrongdoing by a grand jury, and the other person involved in the fight publicly took equal responsibility. He was reinstated to the team. I'm certainly not one to judge if he is a bad person or a person who made a stupid mistake. If he came, he'd no doubt be on a very short leash. Totally up to the coaches. To some hitting a woman is the worst thing in the world...to some, kicking a dog is...to some, collecting food stamps is. Few things are actually black and white. If there are other crimes he is currently on trial for, then that's another matter. Again...I expect the coaches to do their research and make a decision that they are comfortable with.

To me the worst thing in the world is someone hitting a woman while kicking a dog while collecting food stamps. That's as bad as it gets.

I will trust the coaches on any personnel decisions they make. I do hope if/when they bring in any questionable character players, they have them on a 1 strike and your out plan. I do believe in 2nd chances. I also know, most people learn and change for the better as they mature. However, I do agree there is no place in society for a man to physically abuse a woman.

mtgrizrule said:
I will trust the coaches on any personnel decisions they make. I do hope if/when they bring in any questionable character players, they have them on a 1 strike and your out plan. I do believe in 2nd chances. I also know, most people learn and change for the better as they mature. However, I do agree there is no place in society for a man to physically abuse a woman.

:thumb:

The fact that this kid would punch women will make it that much easier for him to hit msu WRs..................I like his take no prisoners approach and if any team needs that kind of attitude its the Griz.

I say bring the kid on.
I am not one that usually is in favor of bringing in kids with a troubled past, I know how a bad apple can spoil the barrel. But imho he was well within his rights to hit back after being punched in the face by this woman.

indian-outlaw said:
I say bring the kid on.
I am not one that usually is in favor of bringing in kids with a troubled past, I know how a bad apple can spoil the barrel. But imho he was well within his rights to hit back after being punched in the face by this woman.

Normally I'd not be in favor, but several things are mitigating circumstances here:

* The female took responsibility for her actions/instigation and was ALSO suspended for a month
* The grand jury sided with Bethel
* Kid doesn't have a history/track record of this kind of behavior

I want to know where this inept DII coach who its been said can't transition to FCS gets off bringing in all these D-I drop down transfers. That's totally off page for him to act like this, and wholly unfair to the Hauck campers desperate to see him fail. This whole coaching staff has a lot of nerve trying to make this team good so fast. That crap might sell in the MVC but it's not to be tried here in Bobbyville. And on defense??? How can they be coming here when the best DC to ever turn down a job at Hawaii is gone? And why on earth would these players want to come to a team with high turnover in the coach's first 2 years? Why can't they see what the egriz experts see as plain as day? It's not like they hold back their expert opinions about the iceberg that 's coming to sink this coach. None of it adds up. He's in over his head. These players should reroute to a good coach like they have in Bozeman or Greeley before all the buses out of Missoula are gone.

If you have an opportunity to get a player like that, do it. Put him on short leash. If it works, it is a good thing. If it doesn't so be it. We have all seen some of these guys work out and some don't.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I want to know where this inept DII coach who its been said can't transition to FCS gets off bringing in all these D-I drop down transfers. That's totally off page for him to act like this, and wholly unfair to the Hauck campers desperate to see him fail. This whole coaching staff has a lot of nerve trying to make this team good so fast. That crap might sell in the MVC but it's not to be tried here in Bobbyville. And on defense??? How can they be coming here when the best DC to ever turn down a job at Hawaii is gone? And why on earth would these players want to come to a team with high turnover in the coach's first 2 years? Why can't they see what the egriz experts see as plain as day? It's not like they hold back their expert opinions about the iceberg that 's coming to sink this coach. None of it adds up. He's in over his head. These players should reroute to a good coach like they have in Bozeman or Greeley before all the buses out of Missoula are gone.
Awesome.......... :thumb:

horribilisfan8184 said:
:lol: :lol:

bigsky33 said:
If you have an opportunity to get a player like that, do it. Put him on short leash. If it works, it is a good thing. If it doesn't so be it. We have all seen some of these guys work out and some don't.

Good God. I need to go check myself. I agree with 33. :? :?

Much ado about nothing cause Bethel isn't coming here. Factual information be damned, seems everybody ignored what havgrizfan said a page or two back.

horribilisfan8184 said:

AZGrizFan said:
bigsky33 said:

Good God. I need to go check myself. I agree with 33. :? :?

Pretty sure he is just saying this as they took in a player of questionable character recently. I might be wrong.

gotgame75 said:
Much ado about nothing cause Bethel isn't coming here. Factual information be damned, seems everybody ignored what havgrizfan said a page or two back.
Yeah, if him following our coaches on Twitter was indication he was coming here, him no longer following any of our coaches is probably not a good sign.

Back