• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nigel Bethel/Chevoski Collins - Rumor Alert

Grisly Fan said:
Thrown punches happen often in pickup games in my experience. No one to keep things from getting out of control. She popped him, he popped her back. Not great but overblown IMO. If you want to play with the guys you got to be ready to be treated like one.

While I agree with this in a lot of ways, its not going to fly in the court of public opinion and considering the Rape Capital USA debacle we should probably steer clear of this kid. I don't think the her face hit my fist argument will work on this one unfortunately. If it was a man that he hit, this would be a non issue.

Chevoski Collins looks like a great alternative and certainly not as controversial of a kid looking for a second chance at D1 Football.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/456844/chevoski-collins

grizfnz said:
PlayerRep said:
StumptownGriz said:
Jimmy Wilson bit a girl and we welcomed him back with open arms (not trying to open up that can of worms). Not condoning his retaliation towards that girl pushing him but charges were dismissed. I'm on the fence here. Anyone feel he deserves a second chance with UM?

Not quite accurate. Wilson's "bite" was very minor, occurred coming home in a car late from the bars when the girl, who was lying across the front seat and a friend of Wilson's stuck her leg up in his face. It wasn't even clear if it was a bite at all, as opposed to a mark caused by the leg hitting his teeth. She didn't complain in the car. Wilson was already on the team, but then unable to practice for almost a week. So, not quite "open arms" after the incident, but yes he was quickly back on the field.
Gotta love those "your leg hit my teeth" bites that are visible hours later. Reminds me of the JFK magic bullet theory.

You're thinking of Marv Albert.

"Edit: Added Chevoski Collins former Texas DB and currently still available Scottsdale CC DB to the title of this thread for discussion."

Stumptown you know we always have room for a SCC Fighting Artichoke on the team!

Really not worth the trouble with Bethel. Doesn't matter who hit who first! He's an a$$hole! Broke her jaw! Shouldn't even be a discussion! Doesn't matter the talent level! He's a dik! Probably end up at EWU! Collins might work out!

Somebody needs to get this kid PlayaRapEs number so he can rep the player. This kid has innocent written all over him..........

If anyone needs PRs cell send me a PM ASAP OK

Must make it so much easier on Stitt & co. knowing we've vetted everything for them. You're welcome coach.

firmgriz said:
Damn, now that would be cool. The Griz desperately need another CB this season.

Okay, now that I know more about this guy and his history I change my answer to "not cool." The Griz don't need anyone like that in the program.

firmgriz said:
firmgriz said:

Okay, now that I know more about this guy and his history I change my answer to "not cool." The Griz don't need anyone like that in the program.

I'm in total agreement,,,,why would anyone or team take a chance on a kid that cannot control his emotions in a co-ed pick up basketball game......I will go with what we have and be better for it in the long run.....imo

firmgriz said:
firmgriz said:

I disagree............he would keep those bitches to the east on a short fu*king leash.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
firmgriz said:
firmgriz said:

I disagree............he would keep those bitches to the east on a short fu*king leash.

:fuel:

I want guy's that can play football, coaches job to filter them out. Mick would have made a great head cheerleader but made a lousy head football coach and some talented kids suffered. If you can play and have no outstanding warrants come here, I want guys that want to play football the rest is up to the coaches. I am a fan of Griz football. If Trump thinks he can be president your past should not haunt you. I want to win and hope the kids that come here want the same, if your a Saint there is a school for you. There are rules covering your love life and rules covering football learn to separate the two. All that preach are the last you should follow. Go Griz and hope you make a million. While anybody can be a cat there are a chosen few that are Griz, appreciate and honor it.

mrknowitall said:
I want guy's that can play football, coaches job to filter them out. Mick would have made a great head cheerleader but made a lousy head football coach and some talented kids suffered. If you can play and have no outstanding warrants come here, I want guys that want to play football the rest is up to the coaches. I am a fan of Griz football. If Trump thinks he can be president your past should not haunt you. I want to win and hope the kids that come here want the same, if your a Saint there is a school for you. There are rules covering your love life and rules covering football learn to separate the two. All that preach are the last you should follow. Go Griz and hope you make a million. While anybody can be a cat there are a chosen few that are Griz, appreciate and honor it.

Blah, blah, blah, blah!
:lame:

I watch the tape of the punch and say absolutely NOT. Stay far away from UM. Then I go back and watch Nigel Bethel run and cover and suddenly I'm convinced she deserved it (joking, kinda). Man that kid can play corner. Unreal talent.

-in case you missed it earlier in the thread. :shock:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5sHZ2mvTk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Bethel is a supreme talent with speed we don't see at this level very often.

But let's be real, we'll be in for an avalanche of deserved criticism of we bring him in.

mrknowitall said:

Just admit it! You're just scared that Trump is going to take away your EBT card..

:cool:

mrknowitall said:
I agree with some of what you said. Bottom line, if Stitt feels the kid has learned a lesson plus the fact charges were dropped, then we have to trust the coach that he knows what he is doing. A lot of people sure judged Wilson wrong.

NativeGriz said:
mrknowitall said:
I agree with some of what you said. Bottom line, if Stitt feels the kid has learned a lesson plus the fact charges were dropped, then we have to trust the coach that he knows what he is doing. A lot of people sure judged Wilson wrong.

An absolutely terrible move to bring Bethel on! He punched a woman! No way! If Stitt's okay with this, then we haven't brought on the right head coach for this university! No way Bethel ends up here!

Bethel was exploring the FCS route because there was a chance he was going to be dismissed from TT. He's not getting dismissed now, but he is considering transferring to Miami.

Back