• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Let’s take a vote

Who thinks Haslam needs to go?

• Stay

Votes: 70 72.9%
  • Go

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • FTC

Votes: 54 56.3%

• Total voters

Griz til I die

DONOR
Personally, I don’t think this soccer situation is a big deal. At the end of the day Haslam did the right thing by firing Plakorus. Who cares what they called it? As far as I’m concerned fired and contract non-renewal mean the exact same thing. I really just don’t think this whole thing is that big of a deal

As far as Haslam, I’ve seen a couple of you complaining about some of the other “spin jobs” he’s had, but I just don’t really remember them and it’s not the end of the world to me. And to be quite honest with you, I kinda feel bad for Haslam. This is now the 4th coaching change he’s going to have to make in less than a year now. The guy doesn’t get enough credit for what he does. He built the champions center, started a softball program, put new turf in Washington-Grizzly, and all sorts of other things he has planned for the future.

And how about some of the coaching hires he’s made like Decuire, Schweyen who seems to finally be turning the corner with the lady Griz, Jamie Pinkerton who was pretty damn impressive, and the one and only Bobby Hauck.

——————
I like Haslam and I think he’s doing a good job. Ya he may not be perfect but nobody is and I think he’s doing a good job and I think we’re fortunate to have him. Just my opinion.

Haslam is a politician of the worst kind. A a well-spoken, polished guy that is completely superficial who doesn’t stand for anything except for his own personal best interests.

He will say one thing one week and then completely contradict himself the next if the political winds shift. “He resigned to take care of his family.” Then, “He was fired after players’ complaints led to an investigation that turned up concerning texts.”

His only loyalty is to the people writing checks. He proved that with Stitt. He’ll jump in front of a camera and say whatever the donors pay him to say, but then try to sell it as if he sincerely believes the crap he happens to be spewing that particular day...

I sincerely hope the new president “chooses to not renew his contract” as soon as possible. As an alumnus, I won’t be donating a dime as long as Haslam is associated with UM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO he is a self serving phoney. He should have resigned in the face of Engstrom's insistance to keep Delaney on for three years, instead of a one and gone. The Stitt hiring was a farce despite the NDSU win. He didn't have Joe Glenn's qualifications, but hand him the keys to the Cadillac. The one thing he got right is getting BH back on board, and THAT had to be forced on him. Softball looks good. No major screwups. :thumb: The Lady Griz have dwindled to irrelevance, albeit aided by injuries to key players. Maybe Robin Selvig can be enticed back from retirement. Where does it stop? Got to credit him for the soccer coach move. Total boob, no. but, I think he has reached his peak.

...not sure about the stay or go...
...noticed one thing at the bb game...
...he' getting a little on the portly side...

... :shock: ...

MiningCityGrizFan said:
I sincerely hope the new president “chooses to not renew his contract” as soon as possible. As an alumnus, I won’t be donating a dime as long as Haslam is associated with UM.
I sincerely hope you find a hole to crawl into. So you think the fabulous facility developments just happened all by themselves and that a successful softball program just popped up. And how many DII football games have you seen lately? Get real; Haslam is a very effective AD and will be in high demand should he leave UM. Your venom for the donors that keep our programs competitive while the University is in a down period is hard to understand, but then you are hard to understand.

kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
I sincerely hope you find a hole to crawl into. So you think the fabulous facility developments just happened all by themselves and that a successful softball program just popped up. And how many DII football games have you seen lately? Get real; Haslam is a very effective AD and will be in high demand should he leave UM. Your venom for the donors that keep our programs competitive while the University is in a down period is hard to understand, but then you are hard to understand.

says the clown who was going to quit supporting the griz unless a football coach was fired.

kemajic said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:

In all fairness, Kem, you stated on here that if Stitt was kept you would not be buying season tix or making any donations any longer. I guess I don't see how what he is saying and feeling is any different what you said and felt. Guy is entitled to his opinion just as you are.

blackfoot griz said:
What is Jim O'Day doing these days?

He's golfing in Phoenix currently. He has a couple of businesses (consulting firms, I think) - O'Day Enterprises and Strategic Management Partners. Maybe has his hands in a couple of others.

tourist said:
IMHO he is a self serving phoney. He should have resigned in the face of Engstrom's insistance to keep Delaney on for three years, instead of a one and gone. The Stitt hiring was a farce despite the NDSU win. He didn't have Joe Glenn's qualifications, but hand him the keys to the Cadillac. The one thing he got right is getting BH back on board, and THAT had to be forced on him. Softball looks good. No major screwups. :thumb: The Lady Griz have dwindled to irrelevance, albeit aided by injuries to key players. Maybe Robin Selvig can be enticed back from retirement. Where does it stop? Got to credit him for the soccer coach move. Total boob, no. but, I think he has reached his peak.
Lol. Hired Decuire. Lady Griz in first place. Hired Hauck. Softball conference champs in third year of existence. Champions center. Education center. He is doing just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still trying to figure out if there are a couple of posters on here who confuse Groundhog Day with April Fools.

There is no question that Haslam has made some huge mistakes, but when I look at that proverbial balance sheet comparing his accomplishments to his gaffes I think he deserves to stay.

Back