• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Let’s take a vote

Who thinks Haslam needs to go?

• Stay

Votes: 70 72.9%
  • Go

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • FTC

Votes: 54 56.3%

• Total voters
Can someone please show Kem's quote? I don't recall seeing anything.

To the sane people on the board, note that I have clashed with Mining multiple times since the get-go. Many of his posts are idiotic. Glad that some of the rest of you now realize that.

AD is a thankless job. Can't make everyone happy. As long as the Washington boys are happy, it doesn't matter what the rest of you think. Lol..... just the truth.

PlayerRep said:

To the sane people on the board, note that I have clashed with Mining multiple times since the get-go. Many of his posts are idiotic. Glad that some of the rest of you now realize that.

Oh, come on, now. Opinions, as they say, are like assholes. Everyone has one. You don't have to like it, but you don't have to BE one. Chill. :thumb:

I will pull all support for UM and the Griz if this thread is not dealt with like a potato.
By "dealt with like a potato" I mean dealt with in a way that you do not need to know right now.
All you need to know is it makes me feel very badass at present, but allows me to back out of my threat at any time as the sole arbiter of potatodom.
I expressly reserve all rights with respect to "dealt with like a potato" in the instant matter, including, but not limited to, the crossing of treacherous mountain passes and animation rights.

I can now stand by my threat no matter what happens. Accordingly, it's not a threat at all.

AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:
There is no question that Haslam has made some huge mistakes, but when I look at that proverbial balance sheet comparing his accomplishments to his gaffes I think he deserves to stay.

This is definitely a gaffe...but what “huge gaffes (plural yours, not mine)” has he made other than this? Or are you in the “one f*** up erases 100 atta boy’s” camp?
No I am not in that camp. IMO the hiring of Stitt was a huge gaffe.

Gaeilge1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Gaeilge1 said:
There is no question that Haslam has made some huge mistakes, but when I look at that proverbial balance sheet comparing his accomplishments to his gaffes I think he deserves to stay.

This is definitely a gaffe...but what “huge gaffes (plural yours, not mine)” has he made other than this? Or are you in the “one f*** up erases 100 atta boy’s” camp?
No I am not in that camp. IMO the hiring of Stitt was a huge gaffe.

Did you that way immediately, or only after 2-3 seasons of evidence?

Did you feel that way after the NDSU victory?

kemajic said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
In all fairness, Kem, you stated on here that if Stitt was kept you would not be buying season tix or making any donations any longer. I guess I don't see how what he is saying and feeling is any different what you said and felt. Guy is entitled to his opinion just as you are.
Not accurate. Blown up by Argh in his constant attack. He can't contribute value so I guess that floats his boat. I stated I was done if the rumor was true that Stitt would be extended for another three years, as if everything was just fine, which it certainly wasn't and thank God sanity prevailed.

Mining's opinion is not imune to criticism and counter opinions is it? Slamming a fine AD like Haslam leaves him wide open to attack. Check out the poll.

the reason i'm "on the attack" is because you far surpass the norms of even egriz for saying things that aren't true in order to support your incredibly large sense of entitlement. for instance, read what you really wrote about whether you would continue to support the griz unless stitt was fired asap. can you point out the "three year" part for us all(bqm). in addition, note that your plan was to give up entirely on um, not just the football team. you are the epitome of what greenie would call a bad fan.

Re: I think it was the wrong decision, but...
Report this post Quote
Post by kemajic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 pm

You guys are bigger than me. We were set to pull all UM involvement had this decision not been dealt with bravely. I couldn't bear to watch any more. My first Griz games were the annual Skyline conf. MT/WY game in Billings nearly 60 years ago. Now I have a very nice bottle of bourbon to get to. MSU's little run will be over.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson
You come up with your claim that I stated immediate firing, which I didn't. "Dealt with bravely" is nowhere near that specific so stop making stuff up. "Dealt with bravely" could have been a one year extension with the stipulation that Semore be gone, which I could have been on board with. But I stand by what I said, that had they done nothing and allowed that to continue another three years, we would have directed our support to programs exhibiting sanity. I don't need to take any BS about being a bad fan; we drive over 300 mi each way to every home game and at least one road game every year, so tell me you do that well.

let me quote myself: "says the clown who was going to quit supporting the griz unless a football coach was fired."

um would be better off without "fans" like you. as an added bonus, the roads would be safer. not sure about the potato crop.

Feel free to go back and review some of my previous post's. From day one I was not a supporter of Coach Stitt. I thought he was the wrong man for the job then as I do now, even with the NDSU win. Being perfectly honest though, I may have had some doubts on my position after that game.

But overall my position on that issue did not change.

argh! said:
um would be better off without "fans" like you. as an added bonus, the roads would be safer. not sure about the potato crop.
The judge of GrizNation has spoken; I may have to wear a disguise and sneak into the stadium; they will likely recind my season tickets and my role with the GSA. I already have a stealth car, so that part is handled.

Still awaiting a description of your role-model UM fandom.

Meanwhile keep stalking; the free rent inside your head is a gas.

The last game Bob coached at UM was his 35th. My opinion is we should have been playing better by then. I agree that Bob is a good guy. Never the less I support Kent’s decision not to renew Stitt’s contract.

Gaeilge1 said:
Feel free to go back and review some of my previous post's. From day one I was not a supporter of Coach Stitt. I thought he was the wrong man for the job then as I do now, even with the NDSU win. Being perfectly honest though, I may have had some doubts on my position after that game.

But overall my position on that issue did not change.
Fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys had better deal with this thread like a potato pretty fucking soon, or UM and the Griz will lose all of my support. That could mean I'd be on board with a funny GIF, or maybe not. I drive a long way for this, so I should have more of a say on dealing with this thread.

MiningCityGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
I sincerely hope you find a hole to crawl into. So you think the fabulous facility developments just happened all by themselves and that a successful softball program just popped up. And how many DII football games have you seen lately? Get real; Haslam is a very effective AD and will be in high demand should he leave UM. Your venom for the donors that keep our programs competitive while the University is in a down period is hard to understand, but then you are hard to understand.

In all fairness, Kem, you stated on here that if Stitt was kept you would not be buying season tix or making any donations any longer. I guess I don't see how what he is saying and feeling is any different what you said and felt. Guy is entitled to his opinion just as you are.
Not accurate. Blown up by Argh in his constant attack. He can't contribute value so I guess that floats his boat. I stated I was done if the rumor was true that Stitt would be extended for another three years, as if everything was just fine, which it certainly wasn't and thank God sanity prevailed.

Mining's opinion is not imune to criticism and counter opinions is it? Slamming a fine AD like Haslam leaves him wide open to attack. Check out the poll.
Kent isn’t a Montana guy. He’s never truly fit in here. He’s in over his head. He’s just not ready to be an AD at this level. He should go back to being and associate AD who only focuses on fundraising.

This week’s events with the soccer coach demonstrated to me that it’s time for UM to acknowledge their mistake and move on. I think everyone agrees that we should bring back O’Day and return the entire athletic department to dominance.

#BringBackJim

Pretty solid. :clap:

PlayerRep said:

Still the most arrogant arse on this board... [emoji23]

At least you didn’t waste our time with one of your self-absorbed posts where you go on and on (and on) about how wonderful you think you are. Complete with an anonymous source who supposedly invalidates every opposing opinion you come across.

Never change, you senile old coot! Never change!

kemajic said:
argh! said:
The judge of GrizNation has spoken; I may have to wear a disguise and sneak into the stadium; they will likely recind my season tickets and my role with the GSA. I already have a stealth car, so that part is handled.

Still awaiting a description of your role-model UM fandom.

Meanwhile keep stalking; the free rent inside your head is a gas.

i will keep rooting for all the griz teams, whether they win, lose, or draw. because that is what i do.

on a different note, what does "the free rent inside your head is a gas (sic) mean(bqm)

I'm happy to see posters finally listened to me and dealt with this thread like a potato. For the record, I never said I would withdraw all support if the thread didn't go the way I wanted; I just said I would withdraw all support if the thread wasn't dealt with like a potato.

Now that I have declared that the thread has been dealt with like a potato (as defined by me alone), I will continue all support but will likely still complain about everything and act like I could do it better.

-MGMT

MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

At least you didn’t waste our time with one of your self-absorbed posts where you go on and on (and on) about how wonderful you think you are. Complete with an anonymous source who supposedly invalidates every opposing opinion you come across.

You are a huge loser without knowledge of football or anything else. You are the self-absorbed self, to think that anyone actually wants to read the BS you post. You have nothing. Most of the board is happy to take my Griz information and knowledge of the game.

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

You are a huge loser without knowledge of football or anything else. You are the self-absorbed self, to think that anyone actually wants to read the BS you post. You have nothing. Most of the board is happy to take my Griz information and knowledge of the game.

Bigly!

PlayerRep said:
MiningCityGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

There goes PR drunk posting again at 1:30 in the am. :D How was that game by the way!? Did you get a chance to see Tim afterwords? I wonder if he’ll wear his SB ring when he’s our DC in a year or two.

Back