• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz RB's

It would be nice to see a drop down back who can fill the void Calhoun left. Having said that, the receiving corps is ridiculously loaded with talent. What SA was doing to the Bobcats should be a much more frequent occurrence. JLM and Sulser (others as well) have speed and quicks that are superior most of the other teams in the Big sky. If the O Line gels and there is a semblance of a running game, look out. This offense could be lethal. Sneed also needs to have the time to make a read beyond his first go to. I believe this offense could be brutally effective in 2019 and especially in 2020.

Bell redshirted this year (he only played in four games), so he can go anywhere he wants. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

Most college teams only have 5 maybe 6 RBs on the roster. We have fullbacks too. Our current size group is normal. Don’t expect a huge push for a RB unless we see a very good talent open. Ie bell but I doubt he comes here

uofmman1122 said:
Bell redshirted this year (he only played in four games), so he can go anywhere he wants. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.
Loses his starting job so he quits the team after 4 games because of the new RS rule. Sounds way too familiar; just the attitude we need.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
Loses his starting job so he quits the team after 4 games because of the new RS rule. Sounds way too familiar; just the attitude we need.

I’m sure if Bobby wants him you’ll be all for it though right? I mean Bobby can do no wrong right?

mtgrizfankb said:
Most college teams only have 5 maybe 6 RBs on the roster. We have fullbacks too. Our current size group is normal. Don’t expect a huge push for a RB unless we see a very good talent open. Ie bell but I doubt he comes here

i agree. i count 8 on the NDSU roster (2 of whom will graduate this year) and 6 for EWU. with a drop-down, a position change or transfer we should be right about average in terms of numbers of RB's.

uofmman1122 said:

I don't believe that is how it works.

Copper Griz said:
It would be nice to see a drop down back who can fill the void Calhoun left. Having said that, the receiving corps is ridiculously loaded with talent. What SA was doing to the Bobcats should be a much more frequent occurrence. JLM and Sulser (others as well) have speed and quicks that are superior most of the other teams in the Big sky. If the O Line gels and there is a semblance of a running game, look out. This offense could be lethal. Sneed also needs to have the time to make a read beyond his first go to. I believe this offense could be brutally effective in 2019 and especially in 2020.
Yes, if the OL wakes up from their long sleep.

grzz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I believe it actually does. Bell preserved his red-shirt by only playing in four games. He never actually made it to San Diego State because he didn't qualify academically. He signed, but never ended up enrolling. He was at a JUCO for two years, then went to Nebraska and played in four games. I actually do believe he is free to go to another FBS school, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I don't know if I would consider his Twitter as an insight into what he's doing either. Yes, these days, MOST of these kids you can get a good sense, but, he literally never posts anything about himself, and if you're just going by followers and following to say there's a "buzz" with the Griz. Well, he follows two Griz coaches and Akem, but he also follows Choate and Orphey too, so I guess there's a buzz with him possibly going to MSU too.

I do not think he is coming. The old "to good to be true " saying. As for Twitter followings, heard that more times than I can count with it not being significant in the end. Gladly eat crow if it happens but not worried about any future indigestion on the one.

the Green kid is a mystery to me....he was a sought after recruit in high school, good size and speed too...his film was real good.......has he been hurt or what ? .....is he even in the running ? ...must have been buried on the depth chart also...just wondering ?

krammer said:
the Green kid is a mystery to me....he was a sought after recruit in high school, good size and speed too...his film was real good.......has he been hurt or what ? .....is he even in the running ? ...must have been buried on the depth chart also...just wondering ?

From what I heard was healthy, just not chosen to get reps. When Janacaro and Graves got reps and he didn't it had even some players wondering why. Not sure if he was somehow in Bobby's doghouse or he just didn't like him. It was pretty evident that Bobby wanted his guy to get the majority of reps. Lee was not used much either.

Ursus1 said:
krammer said:

From what I heard was healthy, just not chosen to get reps. When Janacaro and Graves got reps and he didn't it had even some players wondering why. Not sure if he was somehow in Bobby's doghouse or he just didn't like him. It was pretty evident that Bobby wanted his guy to get the majority of reps. Lee was not used much either.

thanks for your insight....i appreciate it.

George Ferguson said:
grzz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I believe it actually does. Bell preserved his red-shirt by only playing in four games. He never actually made it to San Diego State because he didn't qualify academically. He signed, but never ended up enrolling. He was at a JUCO for two years, then went to Nebraska and played in four games. I actually do believe he is free to go to another FBS school, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I don't know if I would consider his Twitter as an insight into what he's doing either. Yes, these days, MOST of these kids you can get a good sense, but, he literally never posts anything about himself, and if you're just going by followers and following to say there's a "buzz" with the Griz. Well, he follows two Griz coaches and Akem, but he also follows Choate and Orphey too, so I guess there's a buzz with him possibly going to MSU too.

I understand he's an anthropology major, which may be the reason he follows Choachode.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
I knew someone would take this angle. :lol:
Thanks for not disappointing. :thumb:

krammer said:

Ball security problems. If he is back and takes care of the ball better, he should be in the running.

grizeyes said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
GraniteGriz80 said:
Garret Graves. Is listed as qb but every time he played during a game, he played rb.

+1

I'd like to see him more at the RB position. I thought he did quite well albeit in limited action.

He reminds me of the way Troy Andersen runs. He's no TA, but his hard, aggressive, style reminded me of TA.

I had gotten the same impression.

Ursa Major said:
George Ferguson said:
grzz said:
uofmman1122 said:

I understand he's an anthropology major, which may be the reason he follows Choachode.

Well, Choate does have a certain amount of Cro-magnetism.

Back