• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz RB's

cclarkblues said:
Ursa Major said:
George Ferguson said:
grzz said:
I don't believe that is how it works.

I believe it actually does. Bell preserved his red-shirt by only playing in four games. He never actually made it to San Diego State because he didn't qualify academically. He signed, but never ended up enrolling. He was at a JUCO for two years, then went to Nebraska and played in four games. I actually do believe he is free to go to another FBS school, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I don't know if I would consider his Twitter as an insight into what he's doing either. Yes, these days, MOST of these kids you can get a good sense, but, he literally never posts anything about himself, and if you're just going by followers and following to say there's a "buzz" with the Griz. Well, he follows two Griz coaches and Akem, but he also follows Choate and Orphey too, so I guess there's a buzz with him possibly going to MSU too.

I understand he's an anthropology major, which may be the reason he follows Choachode.

Well, Choate does have a certain amount of Cro-magnetism.

ah, the cro mags. after dutifully listening for a half minute or so, i can conclude with relative certainty that life was better when i wasn't aware of such a bad, stupid band.

mtgrizrule said:
krammer said:
the Green kid is a mystery to me....he was a sought after recruit in high school, good size and speed too...his film was real good.......has he been hurt or what ? .....is he even in the running ? ...must have been buried on the depth chart also...just wondering ?

Ball security problems. If he is back and takes care of the ball better, he should be in the running.

Yeah...he might have fumbled on the 6 inch line vs. MSU in that final game. Too big a risk to let him play at all in 2018.

Mousegriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
krammer said:
the Green kid is a mystery to me....he was a sought after recruit in high school, good size and speed too...his film was real good.......has he been hurt or what ? .....is he even in the running ? ...must have been buried on the depth chart also...just wondering ?

Ball security problems. If he is back and takes care of the ball better, he should be in the running.

Yeah...he might have fumbled on the 6 inch line vs. MSU in that final game. Too big a risk to let him play at all in 2018.
:clap:

George Ferguson said:
grzz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Bell redshirted this year (he only played in four games), so he can go anywhere he wants. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

I believe it actually does. Bell preserved his red-shirt by only playing in four games. He never actually made it to San Diego State because he didn't qualify academically. He signed, but never ended up enrolling. He was at a JUCO for two years, then went to Nebraska and played in four games. I actually do believe he is free to go to another FBS school, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I don't know if I would consider his Twitter as an insight into what he's doing either. Yes, these days, MOST of these kids you can get a good sense, but, he literally never posts anything about himself, and if you're just going by followers and following to say there's a "buzz" with the Griz. Well, he follows two Griz coaches and Akem, but he also follows Choate and Orphey too, so I guess there's a buzz with him possibly going to MSU too.

He played in games at Nebraska this year. Yes only four so this became his redshirt year, but just by red shirting doesn't fulfill the academic year at your new institution requirement for a same level transfer without a waiver. Think of Robby Hauck, all he did was redshirt at NAU and he still had to get waiver approval to be eligible this year from both the Big Sky and the NCAA.

If Bell wanted to transfer to any FBS school he would need a waiver approval to play right away. If it didn't get approved he would lose his junior year sitting out. Unless you can find something in the NCAA transfer manual I am missing.

Mousegriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
krammer said:

AAAnnnd- Boom goes the dynamite!

grzz said:
George Ferguson said:
grzz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Bell redshirted this year (he only played in four games), so he can go anywhere he wants. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

He played in games at Nebraska this year. Yes only four so this became his redshirt year, but just by red shirting doesn't fulfill the academic year at your new institution requirement for a same level transfer without a waiver. Think of Robby Hauck, all he did was redshirt at NAU and he still had to get waiver approval to be eligible this year from both the Big Sky and the NCAA.

If Bell wanted to transfer to any FBS school he would need a waiver approval to play right away. If it didn't get approved he would lose his junior year sitting out. Unless you can find something in the NCAA transfer manual I am missing.
Kelly Bryant is in the same situation (played in 4 games at QB for Clemson this year), and will transfer to Mizzou. Everything I’ve read is saying he plans to start for them next season. Unless Bell’s situation is somehow different, I think he can go anywhere and still have two years left to play.

As Hauck indicated that coaches decide who redshirt and who don't. So similar to Calhoun he is probably going to have to go through the NCAA as Coach Frost was not too happy of how it played out. Kelly Bryant had a coach that was supportive of the move to find a different place so that made it easier.

Also, I get most of the fan base being pessimistic about any FBS transfer because those rumors get hopes up when it doesn't happen which has happened quite a few times. However, I am telling you the rumors are not that far off. There is mutual interest. He does not have a bunch of FBS programs lining up for his services at least at the moment. Things could change and time will tell but I think there is some hope there unlike others seem to think.

dayday said:
As Hauck indicated that coaches decide who redshirt and who don't. So similar to Calhoun he is probably going to have to go through the NCAA as Coach Frost was not too happy of how it played out. Kelly Bryant had a coach that was supportive of the move to find a different place so that made it easier.

Also, I get most of the fan base being pessimistic about any FBS transfer because those rumors get hopes up when it doesn't happen which has happened quite a few times. However, I am telling you the rumors are not that far off. There is mutual interest. He does not have a bunch of FBS programs lining up for his services at least at the moment. Things could change and time will tell but I think there is some hope there unlike others seem to think.
Well stated and completely accurate.

uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:
George Ferguson said:
grzz said:

Kelly Bryant is in the same situation (played in 4 games at QB for Clemson this year), and will transfer to Mizzou. Everything I’ve read is saying he plans to start for them next season. Unless Bell’s situation is somehow different, I think he can go anywhere and still have two years left to play.

Graduate transfer so different situation

AZDoc said:
uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:
George Ferguson said:

Correct, any FBS to FBS will have to sit a year regardless of redshirt rule (unless they are a grad transfer). Bell is not a grad transfer and if he wants to play right away he has to drop down to FCS.

AZDoc said:
uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:
George Ferguson said:

Oh jeeze, can’t believe I missed that. That makes sense. Thanks.

uofmman1122 said:
AZDoc said:
uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:

Oh jeeze, can’t believe I missed that. That makes sense. Thanks.

:thumb:

HookedonGriz said:
AZDoc said:
uofmman1122 said:
grzz said:

Correct, any FBS to FBS will have to sit a year regardless of redshirt rule (unless they are a grad transfer). Bell is not a grad transfer and if he wants to play right away he has to drop down to FCS.

Bell is an outstanding player. Would be the fastest guy on the team by a long shot. Runs hard, can run through guys and can make guys miss. I’ve seen him play live 4 or 5 times.

You all need to take a closer look at his twitter and who he follows. There is a former Griz that happens to be a friend and former teammate at Arizona Western on there that he still talks to.

Merkleman said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZDoc said:
uofmman1122 said:

Bell is an outstanding player. Would be the fastest guy on the team by a long shot. Runs hard, can run through guys and can make guys miss. I’ve seen him play live 4 or 5 times.

You all need to take a closer look at his twitter and who he follows. There is a former Griz that happens to be a friend and former teammate at Arizona Western on there that he still talks to.

Chris Favoroso

go96griz said:
Merkleman said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZDoc said:

Chris Favoroso

That would not be a good reference for Bobby

Ursus1 said:
go96griz said:
Merkleman said:
HookedonGriz said:

Chris Favoroso

Who?

SoldierGriz said:
Ursus1 said:
go96griz said:
Merkleman said:

Chris Favoroso

Who?

Favaroso

grzz said:
George Ferguson said:
grzz said:
uofmman1122 said:

You are mixing up all sorts of rules. The big sky conference does not allow inner conference transfers. That’s why Robby needed a waiver. The big sky was blocking the transfer not the ncaa. Nebraska already did block Oregon state and all other inner conference members from Bell. So bell at this point after redshirting means he can go anywhere outside of his conference and that was not written into his release (al la Oregon state) many upper fbs schools won’t take him because he’s a 1-1 year player without a huge track record of success. Many other FBS programs will welcome him however, as will fcs programs

mtgrizfankb said:
grzz said:
George Ferguson said:
grzz said:

You are mixing up all sorts of rules. The big sky conference does not allow inner conference transfers. That’s why Robby needed a waiver. The big sky was blocking the transfer not the ncaa. Nebraska already did block Oregon state and all other inner conference members from Bell. So bell at this point after redshirting means he can go anywhere outside of his conference and that was not written into his release (al la Oregon state) many upper fbs schools won’t take him because he’s a 1-1 year player without a huge track record of success. Many other FBS programs will welcome him however, as will fcs programs

While Robby didn’t need a waiver from the NCAA to transfer to Montana, he did have to request a hardship waiver from the NCAA to not have to sit this past season. The initial request was denied by the NCAA and reversed when appealed.

Only in the case of hardship or graduating can a player transfer to the same level or up a level and not have to sit.
In short, unless Bell graduates he will have to drop down to play next year.

Back