• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Griz Football Recruiting- Signed (13)- Transfers (6), Verbals (2) Offers

dayday said:
kemajic said:
"Me and my dad sat down, and after track me and my mom did." English 101 can't hurt.

Not being a d*ck to a 17 year old kid can’t hurt either. It’s not like Twitter is the epicenter of proper English for 90 % of the users. In any event, UM has a well thought of English department so I think he will be okay.
Then we agree d*ck.

Max Alford picked up an offer from Colorado State a few days ago where his father played. Sam his twin has not received an offer from CSU that we know of yet so hopefully we can still snag max and his Sam both if they want to play together along with Eli. We have beaten CSU for recruits recently but the aspect of it being their dad's alma mater definitely helps them. Hopefully South Dakota State beats up on them week 1 and shows them how good top tier FCS can be and how bad the bottom feeders of the FBS are.

[media]https://twitter.com/maxalford/status/1399854201820397568[/media]

If the Griz want to land Taco Dowler they are going to have to offer Caden too. It’s well known in Billings that the Dowler brothers are a package deal. Their mother has told many that they don’t want to have to choose which son to watch on Saturdays. Caden is a fantastic player and actually ranked a bit higher than Taco, but I’m sure there is a reason the Griz haven’t offered Caden yet. They might want to see how he performs at camp this summer.

https://twitter.com/cadendowler1/status/1401974902282854407?s=21

When is UM going to do an unofficial visit with all the Montana kids like msu did? I find it odd we don’t ever do this kind of thing or atleast let the kids document it on social media if they do, come on UM get it together this is what the kids want now a days have a photographer take your picture in our jersey with your family at least that’s what would sell me on a program. As far as Caden I really think he will get an offer at camp or he should atleast if he’s the #1 player in the state.

grizfan1984 said:
When is UM going to do an unofficial visit with all the Montana kids like msu did? I find it odd we don’t ever do this kind of thing or atleast let the kids document it on social media if they do, come on UM get it together this is what the kids want now a days have a photographer take your picture in our jersey with your family at least that’s what would sell me on a program. As far as Caden I really think he will get an offer at camp or he should atleast if he’s the #1 player in the state.

Same! I know all these Billings boys and their parents. My son has played with most of them. Some parents have said that before BJ left MSU he was on the phone with these boys at least 3x as much as anyone else. I’m sure that has carried through to now. The Griz coaches need get these guys on campus, show them the storied Griz FB history, and convince them they will be joining a team that is building a national championship program. Malikye is the fastest athlete in Montana and is a tremendous player. I don’t like to see that Billings West and Billings Senior players all chose to make MSU their first official visit.

https://twitter.com/simpson_malikye/status/1401981659621183492?s=21

406 Grizzly said:
grizfan1984 said:

Same! I know all these Billings boys and their parents. My son has played with most of them. Some parents have said that before BJ left MSU he was on the phone with these boys at least 3x as much as anyone else. I’m sure that has carried through to now. The Griz coaches need get these guys on campus, show them the storied Griz FB history, and convince them they will be joining a team that is building a national championship program. Malikye is the fastest athlete in Montana and is a tremendous player. I don’t like to see that Billings West and Billings Senior players all chose to make MSU their first official visit.

I’m sure these are unofficial visits the official visits will come during the season at games but your right I really hope we can get it together especially with Billings kids there is a lot of good ones coming up that I would love at UM.

Simpson would be a great signee for the Griz! Not only is he among the best athletes in the state, but he's a quality person!

grizband said:
Simpson would be a great signee for the Griz! Not only is he among the best athletes in the state, but he's a quality person!

I hope I'm wrong but the Griz coaches really like to watch the players at the Griz camp.

Problem: The first camp is June 25
Second Camp is July 31st..

Hope thats not too late.

Agreed nearly every single prospect that I follow on Twitter from Montana went on the visit to msu we really need to get these kids in on visits like msu did.

grizfan1984 said:
406 Grizzly said:

I’m sure these are unofficial visits the official visits will come during the season at games but your right I really hope we can get it together especially with Billings kids there is a lot of good ones coming up that I would love at UM.

These aren’t unofficial. They are official so they are doing them early.

dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:

Are you sure about that I saw one recruit put that it was a junior day thing, there was even a couple of 2023 kids there, officials happen during the season at games if they are having them now then I think that when games are happening during the season they can’t come back because your only allowed to take 1 official visit to that school.

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

Are you sure about that I saw one recruit put that it was a junior day thing, there was even a couple of 2023 kids there, officials happen during the season at games if they are having them now then I think that when games are happening during the season they can’t come back because your only allowed to take 1 official visit to that school.

I believe you are right in the fact it’s a Junior Day invite. Those are unofficial visits. All travel is paid for by the athlete. I just went through this with my son, but the NCAA only allows 5 official visits. The University picks up all those costs. An official visit doesn’t need to be during a game day visit, but most athletes with offers come in on Friday and visit and tour the school, meet with academic advisors, go to the game on Saturday, etc. Athletes can make any amount of unofficial visits they want including game day. The Griz and Cats give 2 tickets to athletes that don’t have offers, but the athletes who have been offered get 3 tickets.

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

Definitely could be wrong on this but I thought you could not talk to the coaches in person unless it was an official visit or camp. Again that’s me not checking the regs before saying that so feel free to correct me.

dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:
Definitely could be wrong on this but I thought you could not talk to the coaches in person unless it was an official visit or camp. Again that’s me not checking the regs before saying that so feel free to correct me.

You are mostly right. The NCAA “Dead Period” was lifted on June 1 so camps can be held finally. We are officially in a “Quiet Period”, which means unofficial visits are permissible on campus only. The 2022 graduates can take unofficial visits and meet with coaches as long as it’s not a “Dead Period”. The 2023 kids can make unofficial visits during a “Quiet Period” as well, but only speak with coaches at an official NCAA sponsored event like a Junior Day or a camp…on campus only. Coaches cannot speak or make contact with a 2023 graduate until August 1st, or at the start of their Junior year. It’s confusing as hell and can’t blame anyone for not knowing the ridiculous NCAA recruiting rules!

Paytonlives said:
grizband said:

I hope I'm wrong but the Griz coaches really like to watch the players at the Griz camp.

Problem: The first camp is June 25
Second Camp is July 31st..

Hope thats not too late.

It's never too late to turn towards the light and become a Griz! :D

406 Grizzly said:
If the Griz want to land Taco Dowler they are going to have to offer Caden too. It’s well known in Billings that the Dowler brothers are a package deal. Their mother has told many that they don’t want to have to choose which son to watch on Saturdays. Caden is a fantastic player and actually ranked a bit higher than Taco, but I’m sure there is a reason the Griz haven’t offered Caden yet. They might want to see how he performs at camp this summer.

https://twitter.com/cadendowler1/status/1401974902282854407?s=21

Taco is really good.

I feel better now though that the Griz got WR Huff (bigger, stronger and faster than Taco) to flip to the Griz.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizJohnson said:
Kid is fast, runs a sub 11 second 100m. Wonder if he'll be our next great kick returner.

lol. go to his twitter page, about 5-6 posts down is a video of him running the 100mm at the state track meet. He finishes first, by about NINE yards over the rest of the field....

I don't think there's any "wondering" about it! FAST. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He broke his ankle (fibula) helping out a friends 7 on 7 football team days before the Eastern Top 10 Meet, well before Eastern Divisional and State Meets (did not run in any of them).

He did run highly impressive, most likely wind-aided times in the April.

Will be interesting to see what he runs at 2022 State, where MHSA monitors for official times.

I hope he runs 10.7 or 10.8 then, that would be amazing.

No matter what, the kid FLIES!!!

GO GRIZ

Back