• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Griz Football Recruiting- Signed (13)- Transfers (6), Verbals (2) Offers

dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:
I’m not sure how that recruiting is working but I thought for sure we’d offer the top player in the state who I heard was at camp, can’t get one if we don’t get the other and msu seems to be leading for them. Hope to see a few more in the next few days as I heard this was our main recruiting camp and July 31st camp will be a small one.

This will be a smaller class because of our numbers. Hauck has said that several times in interviews and that if you don’t come to camp you probably won’t get offered. However, it’s been like a day so I would not be worried yet. This is also how Hauck recruits whether it’s right, wrong or indifferent. Seems like we have this convo every year since Hauck took over. His takes staff takes their time, narrows their list and builds relationships prior to sending official offers in August.

Truth.
Some schools (IE the kittens with the former coach) gave out offers like condoms during spring break.
Hauck has always been as close to vest as he can be. My guess is at this point there are probably 6-8 offers that we don't know about. But he never plays his hand early, been a trend every year he has been a HC at Montana.

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:
Zach Crews is the top prospect in the state in my opinion. We have offered him. So not sure who ‘84 is referring to.

According to scout Caden Dowler is the #1 player in the state and #2 is Taco Dowler we’ve offered Taco but not Caden and it’s been said by their mom they are a package deal they don’t want to chose which son to watch each week.

Taco has been offered. Caden plays Safety and the Griz have a boatload of them. If the Griz lose some safeties I bet he will be Offered quickly.

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
According to scout Caden Dowler is the #1 player in the state and #2 is Taco Dowler we’ve offered Taco but not Caden and it’s been said by their mom they are a package deal they don’t want to chose which son to watch each week.

Taco has been offered. Caden plays Safety and the Griz have a boatload of them. If the Griz lose some safeties I bet he will be Offered quickly.

Right now UM has 12 Safties on the roster and 6 of them are Frosh or Redshirt Frosh. With 4 Sophomores!

Seems a high number, but Hauck is a Special Teams guy and most of these dudes will play a lot on Special Teams

Guess I really don’t understand how all this Covid recruiting is working, I realize there is 12 safties on the current roster but I really don’t think the roster is correct but who knows? But regardless we need to find room for the best players in the state every year, watching all these Montana kids slowly drift away from wanting to be GRIZ is killing to watch. We need to own the state and recruiting if we want to keep winning but it seems it has gone way down, with our facilities and tradition you would think that we’d use it to our advantage but it doesn’t seem it’s working I love winning but we need to beat msu again soon and it has to start with recruiting first.

grizfan1984 said:
Guess I really don’t understand how all this Covid recruiting is working, I realize there is 12 safties on the current roster but I really don’t think the roster is correct but who knows? But regardless we need to find room for the best players in the state every year, watching all these Montana kids slowly drift away from wanting to be GRIZ is killing to watch. We need to own the state and recruiting if we want to keep winning but it seems it has gone way down, with our facilities and tradition you would think that we’d use it to our advantage but it doesn’t seem it’s working I love winning but we need to beat msu again soon and it has to start with recruiting first.

8 kids in the 2020 class from Montana, including consensus #1 player in the state:

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82326&p=1371735&hilit=2020+Recruiting#p1371735

And 8 more known offers in the 2021 class including consensus #1 player in the state. Who, exactly AREN’T we offering that you believe we should?

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:

8 kids in the 2020 class from Montana, including consensus #1 player in the state:

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82326&p=1371735&hilit=2020+Recruiting#p1371735

And 8 more known offers in the 2021 class including consensus #1 player in the state. Who, exactly AREN’T we offering that you believe we should?

Caden Dowler is 24/7 #1 player in the state and his twin brother Taco is the #2 player, we offered Taco awhile back but not Caden the Mom has publicly came out and said she doesn’t want to choose which son to watch each week so offering the #1 player in the state could lead us to #1 and #2. Also there is a 2023 kid from Great Falls that I think should be offered Reed Harris, msu and Idaho have offered and according to some this kid is going to be a better prospect than Sulser was and he is being recruited by several PAC 12 schools already. But just watching as all these kids get offers and we sit back is frustrating, I’ve followed recruiting since 2003 and this is the first year I’ve seen prospects prefer msu over UM we just need to get back to our winning ways of the past and be these instate kids preferred school again

grizfan1984 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Caden Dowler is 24/7 #1 player in the state and his twin brother Taco is the #2 player, we offered Taco awhile back but not Caden the Mom has publicly came out and said she doesn’t want to choose which son to watch each week so offering the #1 player in the state could lead us to #1 and #2. Also there is a 2023 kid from Great Falls that I think should be offered Reed Harris, msu and Idaho have offered and according to some this kid is going to be a better prospect than Sulser was and he is being recruited by several PAC 12 schools already. But just watching as all these kids get offers and we sit back is frustrating, I’ve followed recruiting since 2003 and this is the first year I’ve seen prospects prefer msu over UM we just need to get back to our winning ways of the past and be these instate kids preferred school again

I am more optimistic about Griz recruiting than I have been in a long time. Yes, I am a tad surprised the Griz didn’t make more offers after the Big Man Camp, QB/WR camp and the Individual Camp. I think we are going to see more offers after the Individual Camp II in late July. But I do not believe we are missing the best Montana kids. Griz signees Detrick, Capser and Olson come to mind first. All had offers from other big programs, but all chose to play for the Griz. We got Bergen eventually and who cares how it came to be. He eventually chose to make the move to the Griz. I can’t imagine these big-time Montana athletes aren’t making the high school boys coming up take notice of the Griz program. Hauck needed time to right the ship and I think he’s doing a great job on the recruiting front.

406 Grizzly said:
grizfan1984 said:

I am more optimistic about Griz recruiting than I have been in a long time. Yes, I am a tad surprised the Griz didn’t make more offers after the Big Man Camp, QB/WR camp and the Individual Camp. I think we are going to see more offers after the Individual Camp II in late July. But I do not believe we are missing the best Montana kids. Griz signees Detrick, Capser and Olson come to mind first. All had offers from other big programs, but all chose to play for the Griz. We got Bergen eventually and who cares how it came to be. He eventually chose to make the move to the Griz. I can’t imagine these big-time Montana athletes aren’t making the high school boys coming up take notice of the Griz program. Hauck needed time to right the ship and I think he’s doing a great job on the recruiting front.

Agreed. Sometimes it’s simply a numbers thing and I think that’s what Caden Dowler is caught up in. Can he play another position? Perhaps one where we have more need?

AZGrizFan said:
406 Grizzly said:

Agreed. Sometimes it’s simply a numbers thing and I think that’s what Caden Dowler is caught up in. Can he play another position? Perhaps one where we have more need?

I’m sure he could play many positions as could his brother Taco but I wish we could get an updated roster because I guarantee you that there will not be 12 safties on the roster once its updated but with the defense we run some of the guys are not actually safties but hybrid LBs.

grizfan1984 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’m sure he could play many positions as could his brother Taco but I wish we could get an updated roster because I guarantee you that there will not be 12 safties on the roster once its updated but with the defense we run some of the guys are not actually safties but hybrid LBs.
The Griz don't really play with Hybrid S/LB's. If anything we have a few LB that will line up as stand up d-line men (Ryder Rice, did this a lot last year). Our safeties tend to start deep and react, when we do walk one up to put 7 in the box it's more often than not Hauck, who isn't any kind of LB hybrid. Jaxon Lee at 222 might fit that LB/S bill but other than that we don't have a safety on the roster over 210.

I know the GRIZ probably didn't show much in the two spring games but we were pretty much a vanilla 3-3-5 stack with three legit safeties.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be trying to get Caden and Taco (mmm Taco) I'm just saying we have a lot of safeties and this is how we seem to use them.

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/Sam_Alford22/status/1410032967850741761

Holy crap. Beat out Utah State (his back yard), YALE and Air Force for this kid.

Now, what about his brother, Max? :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/Sam_Alford22/status/1410032967850741761

Holy crap. Beat out Utah State (his back yard), YALE and Air Force for this kid.

Now, what about his brother, Max? :cool:

This is huge!!! Hope its a 2 for!

Not only 6'3 and high balls the ball very well, but...
This video is the best video I have seen of a WR Blocking downfield!!! Pancakes and driving dudes out of bounds... This is a steal!

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7816775/5fab76e7a6783c0728b6ca72

Paytonlives said:
UM has Max and has Eli

C'mon SAM!!!

You got that backwards C’mon Max. Spent the weekend in Park City last weekend rocking my Griz gear maybe they saw how Griz nation is so passionate

grizfan1984 said:
Paytonlives said:
UM has Max and has Eli

C'mon SAM!!!

You got that backwards C’mon Max. Spent the weekend in Park City last weekend rocking my Griz gear maybe they saw how Griz nation is so passionate

Yep... UM wants them all!!!!

grizfan1984 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Looks like 247 has been updated and Kaden Huot is now the #1 player in the state with a 81 overall 3 star ranking. Dowler twins are right behind him though. Zac crews is still not very respected on there and is listed at 185 pounds, maybe hasn't gotten out to a good camp yet or something.

dayday said:
https://twitter.com/schmidt_hall/status/1411021874490843136?s=21

Saw this one coming, McCauley Todd seems to be doing a good job down there I wonder if he will ever find his way back to Missoula.

Back