• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL 2024 Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker

Told you.

There will be one more coming out of EWU. More if the new coach isn't what some of them like or visa versa.

I still expect one more from Weber and I'm pretty sure NAU will have a few.

BTW, ISU is putting an interesting group together and UNCo seems to have replaced Thomas.

Eastern has officially hit Rock Bottom. It'll be interesting to see who they hire. I think they want to go the D2 route so they can get a guy who can bring some of his players with him

Now Dane Erikstrup is into the portal for Eastern. That's literally everyone who contributed for Eastern now gone. Who's left?

Just to give you an idea of how crazy it has become, Some players are hiring agents to negotiate the best transfer deal for them. Some players are telling coaches to talk with their agents and not directly to them. There were several agents in Boise, openly recruiting players. They don't even try to hide in the shadows any more.

I feel that there will have to be some sanity brought back into the process sometime soon.

I heard that last year from a HS coach I work with. He had a kid from a few years back at a lower level D1 program, and he was get unsolicited emails from 'agents' about his ability to get information to the player about transferring. Truly the wild-west right now.

NCAA wants to restore sanity to system but the cat is out of the bag in some ways. One conversation I heard recently is increasing the penalties for agents/schools for in-season contact and to prevent tampering. Similar to what the NBA/NFL does to their Free-Agency period.

The NCAA wants to keep the transfer conversation to the open period and I have heard they want to narrow down the open period to a much smaller window. Schools have advocated for a window that matches up with traditional HS/JC recruiting calendars (it does to a degree) and signing windows.

Eastern is getting gutted every year, the transfer rules and NIL is absolutely crushing the smaller schools. Small schools are essentially punished when they have a good year because their coaches get looks at bigger schools and the players can just cash in on NIL and transfer to a larger school based on 1 good/decent season.

Once again, I will not name names. One of the players we were recruiting put a statement out basically saying don't call me, call my agent. I feel that this situation is putting undue pressure on players as well as coaches. All of our top 7 players were approached by agents in Boise. I'm sure it happened to every team. I think we will end up with something ressembling the NBA's system. Modified to meet the needs of our college systems, of course. I made that proposal to our coaches, they liked it and said that they would bring it up at their meetings.

The world, it is a changing.

Chris Howell

Chris Howell, a player that Travis recruited fairly heavily back and offerred in 2019 has hit the portal from St. Mary's. He's a 6-6 PG from San Diego, played in all 31 games (averaged about 10 minutes per game) for St Mary's and is a defensive/pass first PG, and would be a piece that would be a fit considering the current holes on the roster.

I don't know anything and the perceived interest is pure speculation.

Once again, I will not name names. One of the players we were recruiting put a statement out basically saying don't call me, call my agent. I feel that this situation is putting undue pressure on players as well as coaches. All of our top 7 players were approached by agents in Boise. I'm sure it happened to every team. I think we will end up with something ressembling the NBA's system. Modified to meet the needs of our college systems, of course. I made that proposal to our coaches, they liked it and said that they would bring it up at their meetings.

That is crazy. And who monitors these agents? I think one of these guys got in Clifton McDowell’s head. For every Dalton Knecht there are going to be dozens of these kids that won’t get many looks. Unfortunately for the players.

Arnaud Revaz 6'10'', 235lb, PF/C with one year left to play has just entered the portal.

One additional in transfer committed, but not anounced.

This should be the last of the out going transfers from Weber.

We have one grant left to give, and should know by next Wednesday.

Of course this is the new environment, and what did anyone with a clue expect when money is involved? This is exactly why I created the thread about creating an NIL fund devoted SPECIFICALLY to signing basketball players. Montana has the biggest and most nationally diverse fan base of any Big Sky team (possibly any other FCS team). So, if the program was marketed correctly to the fan base, we could potentially raise way more funds than other Big Sky teams, and thus be able to sign better players than they could sign. I know that I would donate money to a targeted NIL fund like this much faster than just donating into some general NIL fund which has zero accountability for how it is spent. But again, it takes someone with a vision, and the energy, to make it happen.

Of course this is the new environment, and what did anyone with a clue expect when money is involved? This is exactly why I created the thread about creating an NIL fund devoted SPECIFICALLY to signing basketball players. Montana has the biggest and most nationally diverse fan base of any Big Sky team (possibly any other FCS team). So, if the program was marketed correctly to the fan base, we could potentially raise way more funds than other Big Sky teams, and thus be able to sign better players than they could sign. I know that I would donate money to a targeted NIL fund like this much faster than just donating into some general NIL fund which has zero accountability for how it is spent. But again, it takes someone with a vision, and the energy, to make it happen.
What does FCS have to do with basketball?

What does FCS have to do with basketball?
Gee, I thought we played basketball in a one-bid conference to get to The Dance? So, if we dominate the conference by signing better NIL players, we get to The Dance. Do you see any other way to accomplish this? Not that difficult for most.

Back