• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bear Axed said:
CatsRback said:
Are you going to answer the question or just keep being a strange awkwardly angry fan? :lol:
I'm just going to let you continue to prove why kitty fans have and will always be referred to as "little brother"

Ah the man who can’t see the forest through the trees. It’s not me who’s being played my friend :)

Ru #37?

I would be willing to bet that the UM marketing department wants to start a new tradition and not announce #37 until game #1 of the season. It will likely still be Welnel, the last #37 will still always have the choice but the announcement won't happen until game day.

Maybe the new choice will raise the #37 flag?

3-7-77 said:
poorgriz said:
Again, wow. You just flat out cannot say "I seen........" anything. It's absolutely terrible English and to be honest, it comes across as someone who barely has a grasp on the English language. Now if you throw a "have" in there, "I have seen....." then you're fine.

You chose.....poorly. Wrong scab to pick, scattroll. I've read his posts for years, and he is more than capable of beating you senseless with his 'English language.' I've seen CDA has already dusted you off, in detail. I'm gonna love to watch this. :lol:

lol, really? Are you telling me when you're in conversation with someone and they say, "I seen..." you don't automatically think less of their intelligence? If you say no, you're probably lying... or maybe you say "I seen" too.

Funny how this is a bubcat issue, not a Griz issue.

If you are a Griz fan, the bigger issue with the roster is all the new numbers and damn duplicates. There is a 0, no #1, and then two players wearing the same numbers for #2 through #19. That’s 18 duplicates and 38 players before the #20. Where’s the outrage? The for sale signs?

Have any Griz fans checked in with the Bobcat message board to see who is wearing what number on their team this season? Nobody? Hmm.

Cue the “I just come here for the entertainment. I’m definitely not obsessed with the Griz. Far from it. Faaarrrr from it. Honestly.” Bobcat crowd.

I didn’t read all 8 pages and I’m sure this has already been said, but could it be an NIL issue…

A person’s “likeness” associated with a number/jersey could have UM in a spot where they don’t want to compensate the new #37 whomever that person may be….

https://footballscoop.com/news/nil-jersey-sales-players-compensate

jesslohse said:
I didn’t read all 8 pages and I’m sure this has already been said, but could it be an NIL issue…

A person’s “likeness” associated with a number/jersey could have UM in a spot where they don’t want to compensate the new #37 whomever that person may be….

I think you might be on to something. Work out the legal implications regarding NIL before making it official. I hope so anyway will be quite a harsh on Wenel’s mellow if he’s not 37. Lewis called him a 37 brother that’s sacred ground

poorgriz said:
3-7-77 said:
You chose.....poorly. Wrong scab to pick, scattroll. I've read his posts for years, and he is more than capable of beating you senseless with his 'English language.' I've seen CDA has already dusted you off, in detail. I'm gonna love to watch this. :lol:

lol, really? Are you telling me when you're in conversation with someone and they say, "I seen..." you don't automatically think less of their intelligence? If you say no, you're probably lying... or maybe you say "I seen" too.

There's conversation, and there's writing(the written word). I can intertwine the two for sake of hyperbole, or whatever. And, no I ain't lyin' 'bout nothin'. One can write a decent English language sentence in which subject(s), verb(s), and adjectives can make sense to the average literate adult U.S. citizen, and the message is clearly understood. Then, again, there are the Canadians, they are a special case. Not picking on you, Sask!
One can also write the way you speak, making read like hearing it first hand. Writing Montanan style is easy and understandable, at least to natives. Same for Alabamians, Texans, Kentuckians, or New Yawkers. Alabamagrizzly writes like he talks, evidently. I've seen his decent, college educated writing. Quite capable.
Conversation is conversation. I don't talk like Spock or Derschowitz, as I'm not on the bridge of the Enterprise, in a classroom at Harvard, or on TV. I talk to the average adult around me. No, I don't think less of them, and I ain't lyin' scattroll. Carry on stepping on your tongue.

3-7-77 said:
poorgriz said:

There's conversation, and there's writing(the written word). I can intertwine the two for sake of hyperbole, or whatever. And, no I ain't lyin' 'bout nothin'. One can write a decent English language sentence in which subject(s), verb(s), and adjectives can make sense to the average literate adult U.S. citizen, and the message is clearly understood. Then, again, there are the Canadians, they are a special case. Not picking on you, Sask!
One can also write the way you speak, making read like hearing it first hand. Writing Montanan style is easy and understandable, at least to natives. Same for Alabamians, Texans, Kentuckians, or New Yawkers. Alabamagrizzly writes like he talks, evidently. I've seen his decent, college educated writing. Quite capable.
Conversation is conversation. I don't talk like Spock or Derschowitz, as I'm not on the bridge of the Enterprise, in a classroom at Harvard, or on TV. I talk to the average adult around me. No, I don't think less of them, and I ain't lyin' scattroll. Carry on stepping on your tongue.

No problem, to each his own! I'm not saying I'm proud of it but whenever I'm talking to someone and they say things like "I seen...." and "I don't got no...." and "Them Bobcats suck..." and "He ain't never..." and "I been..." well you get the idea. It just comes across as either a lack of intelligence, or un educated, or both.

All that said, some of the happiest people I know aren't very intelligent and might not have finished high school so what do I know!

poorgriz said:
3-7-77 said:

No problem, to each his own! I'm not saying I'm proud of it but whenever I'm talking to someone and they say things like "I seen...." and "I don't got no...." and "Them Bobcats suck..." and "He ain't never..." and "I been..." well you get the idea. It just comes across as either a lack of intelligence, or un educated, or both.

All that said, some of the happiest people I know aren't very intelligent and might not have finished high school so what do I know!

If you base someone’s intelligence solely off the words they use, you’re extremely closed minded and probably lacking in intelligence in many other areas where many outsmart you. But at least you know your strengths…probably not smart enough to know your weaknesses though which In my view, may be more important.

The.Real.2506 said:
Hell with it, retire the number and hang it in the endzone alongside your pre-season champs banner :thumb:

We could hang it next to all of the cats's preseason champion banners but I doubt there is any room left in Bobcat Stadium

jesslohse said:

It would seem to me that the #37 and the Griz jersey it is on are trademarks that belong (or could belong) to the University of Montana. Any players likeness is just that and no more.

Many years ago I recall Denver Broncos player Rod Smith doing commercials for a car dealer dressed in a cheesy orange t-shirt and introducing himself as "Rod Smith from the Denver football team". I presume Big Mike from Big Mikes Fordland couldn't work out a price with the Broncos management for Mr. Smith to wear his actual jersey.

Much could have changed since then, but that's where I'd start the bidding.

mcg said:
jesslohse said:

It would seem to me that the #37 and the Griz jersey it is on are trademarks that belong (or could belong) to the University of Montana. Any players likeness is just that and no more.

Many years ago I recall Denver Broncos player Rod Smith doing commercials for a car dealer dressed in a cheesy orange t-shirt and introducing himself as "Rod Smith from the Denver football team". I presume Big Mike from Big Mikes Fordland couldn't work out a price with the Broncos management for Mr. Smith to wear his actual jersey.

Much could have changed since then, but that's where I'd start the bidding.

Or for Rod to say the Denver Broncos.

2HDTUie_d.webp

alabamagrizzly said:
poorgriz said:

If you base someone’s intelligence solely off the words they use, you’re extremely closed minded and probably lacking in intelligence in many other areas where many outsmart you. But at least you know your strengths…probably not smart enough to know your weaknesses though which In my view, may be more important.

I never said I base someone's intelligence solely off the words they use. However, sorry some people don't get this but the way people talk, communicate, and use the English language does in fact say something about their intelligence level.

poorgriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I never said I base someone's intelligence solely off the words they use. However, sorry some people don't get this but the way people talk, communicate, and use the English language does in fact say something about their intelligence level.

If someone walked up to you on the street and said, "Hey dude, mine car done quitted when I runned into that there pole, and my buddy done hitted his head in the window and busted it. Is you gonna help us?"..... are you telling me you wouldn't maybe do a little judging there about the guy's intelligence level?

poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

If someone walked up to you on the street and said, "Hey dude, mine car done quitted when I runned into that there pole, and my buddy done hitted his head in the window and busted it. Is you gonna help us?"..... are you telling me you wouldn't maybe do a little judging there about the guy's intelligence level?

Maybe I'd wonder if English wasn't his first language. Or maybe he was a cat fan! :lol: That right there speaks to his intelligence level!

poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

I wouldn't judge. I would wonder why Exits 298, 305, 306, and 309 were not more clearly marked because I must have turned off I-90 and somehow ended up in Bozeman. The worst accidently off ramp west of Salem's Lot.

Back