• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

CatzWillRise said:
Is it August 30th yet.
Every single poster I wanted on record has a great response in one of just a couple different threads. Game on. My work here is done.

ABQCat said:
CatzWillRise said:
Is it August 30th yet.
Every single poster I wanted on record has a great response in one of just a couple different threads. Game on. My work here is done.

The words of man recently mushroom stamped by logic.
A bit of advice: Just take the L.

ABQCat said:
CatzWillRise said:
Is it August 30th yet.

Wow, every single poster on a rival's football message board. What an accomplishment. Congrats. Do you expect a medal or a ribbon? That wasn't clear.

SACCAT66 said:
God....I can't wait for football to start. In about 3 weeks some (not all) questions will be answered....Both the CATS and the griz start with very strong tests...Both at home..

Do you think everyone is giving Western Illinois too much credit? They were picked seventh in the Missouri Valley and are getting no love nationally either. They lost a lot as well as have a new coach I’m not sure they’re as big of a test as all of us are thinking right now.

CDAGRIZ said:
Garizzalies, you're forgetting about the intangibles that Choach has brought to the MSU program. What he lacks in wins, he makes up for in . . . program stuff and, um, well, some other stuff that they can't really, um . . . well, that's not important right now. He's the coach of the future; anyone who knows that football isn't about winning can see it.

Since things are pretty boring over here I'll drop you a little update on how things are going over in the enemy camp. Jay does an interview, and Choate and other coaches answer questions about how things are going after each practice. Here's the one from yesterday. Some pretty good nuggets in here.

https://art19.com/shows/bobcat-insider-podcast/episodes/a5b28650-8615-40d9-af93-8e639d8c6606

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Garizzalies, you're forgetting about the intangibles that Choach has brought to the MSU program. What he lacks in wins, he makes up for in . . . program stuff and, um, well, some other stuff that they can't really, um . . . well, that's not important right now. He's the coach of the future; anyone who knows that football isn't about winning can see it.

Since things are pretty boring over here I'll drop you a little update on how things are going over in the enemy camp. Jay does an an interview, and Choate and other coaches answer questions about hoe things are going after each practice. Here's the one from yesterday. Some pretty good nuggets in here.

https://art19.com/shows/bobcat-insider-podcast/episodes/a5b28650-8615-40d9-af93-8e639d8c6606

Ill never read that, but let me guess: "We're looking good, but need to keep up the intensity. It's a long season. We've come a long way since spring, but still have a ways to go. The guys can't wait for the season to start.".

Close?

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Since things are pretty boring over here I'll drop you a little update on how things are going over in the enemy camp. Jay does an an interview, and Choate and other coaches answer questions about hoe things are going after each practice. Here's the one from yesterday. Some pretty good nuggets in here.

Ill never read that, but let me guess: "We're looking good, but need to keep up the intensity. It's a long season. We've come a long way since spring, but still have a ways to go. The guys can't wait for the season to start.".

Close?

Mmmmmmnnn, that's a real solid guess and you did hit one or two of the points but not the most important ones. Plus it's a podcast so you don't even nave to worry about reading anything. The best insight is when he's talking about how structured and disciplined the program is. Also when asked about the QB situation he responded..... "We're very fortunate right now."

Some of you guys should give it a listen, so maybe you won't be so surprised if the CATS somehow manage to end up having a good season in 2018.

So because choate thinks everything is all dandy, it is? Coach talk son. I'm sure he said they same crap in previous years.

Choachee said in the paper today something about his goal this season being able to just “finish” the season. He was talking about some linebacker, but he said the goal was for him and the cats to finish. He seems to get it but there’s a disconnect with the fans. Bigger than usual.

That Jay Sanderson dude reminds me of the Simpsons Newscaster-guy. Uncanny resemblance, but his voice is like nails on a chalk board. I have a Kramer-like seizure every time I’m flipping thru the channels and happen by him

jcu27 said:
So because choate thinks everything is all dandy, it is? Coach talk son. I'm sure he said they same crap in previous years.

No, he didn't actually. He's always pretty open and transparent (unlike Hauck) about where the team's strengths and weaknesses are. Is that tipping the hand a bit to the first opponent? Maybe a little, but if you just do what you do and execute they won't be able to stop you anyway. If you listen to him talk about the culture he created around being tough and disciplined it shouldn't surprise you to see where the program is headed. It's also easy to see how the last recruiting class was ranked #1 in the country when you listen to him talk about how he goes about talking to recruits and parents. :clap:

poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
It's also easy to see how the last recruiting class was ranked #1 in the country when you listen to him talk about how he goes about talking to recruits and parents. :clap:
Was that before or after you lost three of your top recruits?

Why is the thread title about a 4-year losing streak? Is the OP assuming that Choate will have a losing season this coming fall and the fall of '19? Aren't some predicting he will be gone after this coming season? Help me with the 4-year thing? Or, does the OP not know Choate has only coached for 2 years?

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:
It's also easy to see how the last recruiting class was ranked #1 in the country when you listen to him talk about how he goes about talking to recruits and parents. :clap:

I think it was two. Still a great recruiting class. The Griz lost a couple also. It is not unusual for that to happen. The Cats made up for it in some really good drop downs. Your backfield will get to meet Sterk and Sparaco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if UM will take out a Congratulations Coach Chipotle ad in the Bozeman paper if or when he wins his 10th game? Like they did back in 2010 when they made the playoffs. Haslam is a class act.

bigsky33 said:
uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
jcu27 said:

I think it was two. Still a great recruiting class. The Griz lost a couple also. It is not unusual for that to happen. The Cats made up for it in some really good drop downs. Your backfield will get to meet Sterk and Sparaco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So before, then.

Got it.

HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
God....I can't wait for football to start. In about 3 weeks some (not all) questions will be answered....Both the CATS and the griz start with very strong tests...Both at home..

Do you think everyone is giving Western Illinois too much credit? They were picked seventh in the Missouri Valley and are getting no love nationally either. They lost a lot as well as have a new coach I’m not sure they’re as big of a test as all of us are thinking right now.
They should not be underestimated. Remember 1998? It was painful.

Back