• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Argument for Dumping halftime tailgating!

BWahlberg said:
Serve beer in the stadium, that'll solve about 50% of the departures.

(But will probably open up new issues as well)
Cue the annual debate! It's a no brainer to sell beer, but for the love of money it never gets done!

Sell beer inside. If the university president can have beer in his box seats, everybody else should have the same rights as well. Plus, more money for the program.

BWahlberg said:
Serve beer in the stadium, that'll solve about 50% of the departures.

(But will probably open up new issues as well)

Can you imagine the lines for beer at halftime :eek: :eek: :eek:

They would be worse than the line for the pisser.

No wait, can you imagine the lines for the pisser at halftime if they started selling beer in the stadium :? :?

If halftime tailgating ends, it won't be because of flat third quarter openers. It will be because the administration decides that things have gotten out of hand and the crowd will be easier controlled if it isn't so drunk. That fan altercation with an NDSU player probably has UM thinking about changes.

griz4life said:
If halftime tailgating ends, it won't be because of flat third quarter openers. It will be because the administration decides that things have gotten out of hand and the crowd will be easier controlled if it isn't so drunk. That fan altercation with an NDSU player probably has UM thinking about changes.

Right, cause heaven forbid that someone sneaks alcohol into the game..

:roll:

grizcountry420 said:
griz4life said:

Is what it is. Griz fans have certainly enjoyed softer security than a number other schools, including MSU. It only takes a couple douche bags to change that.

AllWeatherFan said:
Sell beer inside. If the university president can have beer in his box seats, everybody else should have the same rights as well. Plus, more money for the program.

:thumb: :clap:

For me personally, I would most likely drink less at games if beer were sold in the stadium. I don't think there would be the need then to pound as many beers as possible to try and make it through each half :twocents:

If the "tailgaters" are getting "retuned" @ halftime, it's a no-brainer. Sell beer in the stadium. Might as well make some money.

grizcountry420 said:
griz4life said:

Damn, 420, you just caused me to flashback to New Dornblaser, with 100 gallon drums at the gates full of contraband beer, wine, and booze. Wonder what happened to the take?

Ever attend a game in Ogden? You leave the stadium you DO NOT GET BACK IN. You tailgate before or after the game. If your need for beer, or whatever, is that important, fine, but you don't get back in. Maybe thats why their attendance figures are so 'impressive.'

My recollection from the last 20 years or so was that the reason so many people stayed so long during halftime at their tailgates, a phenomenon which I recall starting in earnest when Dave D was at QB, is the Griz were comfortably up by 3-5 scores at half. I expect to see that scoring trend return this season, particularly when we reach mid-season form.

In our tailgate group, one person is sent out with about 7 minutes left in the first half to fire the grill and heat food for those that want to eat during halftime. Most begin to head back at the 5-minute canon, and are in their seats at kick-off. 2-3 stay behind to clean up and secure the area and miss about 5 minutes of the second half. We try to rotate so the same people aren't missing play each week. None of the current or former players I know have ever complained about halftime tailgating.

You can stop the alcohol and save everyone the trouble it causes at the game and at home. If the campus is tobacco free it should be alcohol free anything less is pure poppycock plain and simple.

I came for the game and actually want to be sober and absorb it. But that's just me. I will typically drink one and head back in as soon as I hear the cannon. I wait all year to watch the Griz. I can drink beer and talk Griz with my friends the other 46 Saturdays a year. However some eat whole meals and it is a party. I guess I get it but man....didn't you wait all off season to watch the Griz. Crap, we can't wait for the season to start, want constant practice updates and are upset when we can't watch a scrimmage. And then we stand outside and drink beer when the team is on the field.

I was frankly embarrassed at the open seats at the start of the 3rd quarter. NDSU fans were still in the stands. And yes, Brint Mussberger did mention it during the game. UGH

We are in the Age of Outrage thanks to the Internet. I would prefer that all fans are back in their seats to start the 3rd Quarter too, but...

Live and let live.

I agree with you, 47. First, I have to drive LONG way to get there, and back. Matching wits with those damn deer (and cops) is hard enough while sober, and while drunk...might just as well paint a bullseye on your vehicle. We do wait all year for a few weeks in WGS, and like you, I enjoy every minute of the experience. You enjoy tailgating so much, how about the OTHER 46 Saturdays? At my house its called a barbecue.

Compromise...sell beer in the Stadium only through halftime. Similar to the 8th inning cutoff in baseball.

It didn't look good on TV at halftime, when the announcers were speaking with WaGriz in the background, showing half-empty seats. A stranger could wonder, WTH? It's about time this is an issue that I've been concerned about for a long time. Many good insights & solutions suggested in this thread.

Latest posts

Back