• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ASUn to expand by 10 for FBS (unofficial)

UNDfan said:
Pounder said:
Dude trolls a LOT of boards with the same stuff.

The sort-of funny thing... I do believe more playoff money is coming. Just (1) not as much as this guy is advertising, and (2) if you think that's going to get spread around beyond the P5, please do share the drugs.

So funny that egriz was panicking over the Bobcats starting COA, until they found out the Griz will be starting it too. COA means an FBS move too, and these Griz never ever acknowledged that.

Utter bullshit. :roll: :roll: :roll:

MikeyGriz said:
The clock is ticking. Any news on this sure thing?

The Montana's are ready. The date is sorta flexible to whatever date is enough time to adjust the fall football schedule.

The new league will get an FCS autobid right away as it will have six teams from the Big Sky. UND holding off the MVFC was key, as the new league will have six teams that have continuity for two years.

But not until 2023 to start FBS. Two more women's sports for MSU and one more for UM to qualify for FBS. Women's lacrosse is coming.

UNDfan said:
MikeyGriz said:

The Montana's are ready. The date is sorta flexible to whatever date is enough time to adjust the fall football schedule.

The new league will get an FCS autobid right away as it will have six teams from the Big Sky. UND holding off the MVFC was key, as the new league will have six teams that have continuity for two years.

But not until 2023 to start FBS. Two more women's sports for MSU and one more for UM to qualify for FBS. Women's lacrosse is coming.
With all the knowledge you claim to have on this I would suspect you'd be able to be a little more concrete than this....

Otherwise when MSU and UM go FBS in 2042 we're going to hear you say I told you so. :roll:

Ever since uM was serious about the WAC and FBS in 2012 and almost joined then, have to believe UM was very serious about FBS. Like badly wanted it.

All the reasons to not move have been removed or lessened.

1. Facilities have gone up to FBS standards so little more bills it will cost.
2. The WAC would have been mostly a N Mexico or Texas league, bad for travel and expense. With EWU, Idaho, MSU, Weber St and the Dakotas, it will be much more travel friendly. The Dakotas weren’t ready than either and MSU wasn’t even ready, as it had to borrow to finance their FBS stadium expansion.
3. The CFP wasn’t finalized for the WAC and they didn’t get it. Now, the paymnt will almost triple if it’s don by 2025.
4. Softball as added so only one more sport to go.

Your leadership has been house shopping for something affordable for 10 years and they are almost to the point of buying. The MWC is too expensive,

'68griz said:
UNDfan has been doing these idiot posts for several years now. He dreams up some bizarre scenario, and then posts it as fact. Please make him go away.
Pounder said:

^^ THIS.

Sac State Hornets fan here and he's been bombarding our board for a number of years with the same non-sense. Under a differing screen name of course. Here he's UND fan. On our site he's 'Siouxfan' (didn't get the memo that their mascot name changed 5-years ago, apparently).

Doesn't matter what evidence you counter him with, he'll just deflect and link to an article that, many times, doesn't have anything to do with football.

We've pointed out that, despite clear requisites for being FBS, Sac State doesn't meet attendance averages or have a viable FBS football stadium or arena. Doesn't matter. Apparently it's a foregone conclusion and happening.

What I didn't know until stumbling across this thread after looking at your recruiting updates was that he's been doing the same crap here for quite a while too. You have my sympathy.

Meanwhile, I can argue that the ASun "proposal" (it's one of the weirder things I've ever encountered to be put out on a conference website) is more like the Big Sky WAC (and perhaps add other schools) reshuffle "dream scenario."

The commissioner made a comment about "if we can't increase revenues, at least we can reduce expenses" to one publication. The idea, in theory, is simply to tighten the geography of the conferences that are re-jiggered.

That's something I would say is a necessity out west, if it could be done cleanly. Whether it can be done cleanly is, of course, an open question.

buckeyehornetfan said:
'68griz said:
UNDfan has been doing these idiot posts for several years now. He dreams up some bizarre scenario, and then posts it as fact. Please make him go away.
Pounder said:

^^ THIS.

Sac State Hornets fan here and he's been bombarding our board for a number of years with the same non-sense. Under a differing screen name of course. Here he's UND fan. On our site he's 'Siouxfan' (didn't get the memo that their mascot name changed 5-years ago, apparently).

Doesn't matter what evidence you counter him with, he'll just deflect and link to an article that, many times, doesn't have anything to do with football.

We've pointed out that, despite clear requisites for being FBS, Sac State doesn't meet attendance averages or have a viable FBS football stadium or arena. Doesn't matter. Apparently it's a foregone conclusion and happening.

What I didn't know until stumbling across this thread after looking at your recruiting updates was that he's been doing the same crap here for quite a while too. You have my sympathy.

I asked him sometime last year I believe, what does he think he gains by this bizarre trolling? He says the same crap on BN and I just can't figure it out. He's made claims to know people in high places to back up his claims. Like none of us in our communities know and are friends with these people.

It's just crazy to me. :?

UNDfan said:
MikeyGriz said:

How many Montana's are there?

buckeyehornetfan said:
'68griz said:
Pounder said:

^^ THIS.

Bombarding your board is so easy because there are
so few fans. Am attempting to get decent pride going there, but that's widely rejected. Can't even get an upgrade over a Jr High gym after 40 years.
Sac St should drop fball then if you are so opposed to FBS

Sac St should be almost an equivalent of Fresno St, but it's far from that. Laying out a plan of improvement leads to so many arrows. Thought it would be welcomed but it is ridiculed like it is here, even though the Griz Presidents and AD's wanted it. The Sacramento Republic is building.a nice new 25k stadium, but even that is scoffed at as a Hornets Home.

On this subject, I was wrong that NC A&T would join the ASun, instead they join the Big South but not FBS
Their President had earlier said they may be FBS bound
https://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/ncat/a-t-will-leave-meac-for-big-south-conference-source/article_827f910e-c4eb-5815-8821-1ed75cf66272.html#6t.

UNDfan said:
buckeyehornetfan said:
'68griz said:
Pounder said:

^^ THIS.

so few fans. Am attempting to get decent pride going there, but that's widely rejected. Can't even get an upgrade over a Jr High gym after 40 years.

Sac St should be almost an equivalent of Fresno St, but it's far from that. Laying out a plan of improvement leads to so many arrows. Thought it would be welcomed but it is ridiculed like it is here, even though the Griz Presidents and AD's wanted it. The Sacramento Republic is building.a nice new 25k stadium, but even that is scoffed at as a Hornets Home.

On this subject, I was wrong that NC A&T would join the ASun, instead they join the Big South but not FBS
https://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/ncat/a-t-will-leave-meac-for-big-south-conference-source/article_827f910e-c4eb-5815-8821-1ed75cf66272.html#6t.
Dude, don't bother telling us when you are wrong. On the very off chance that your shot gun loaded with shit ever hits anything remotely correct, send out an alert. Better yet, re-animate the head of Howard Cosell and have him tell us of your Nostradamus like prognostications.

UNDfan said:
buckeyehornetfan said:
'68griz said:
Pounder said:

^^ THIS.

It really is funny how little you actually have the first damn clue about. Everyone here apparently knows it, and so do we over at Sac Buzz.

We have “so few fans” yet you still feel it worthwhile and necessary to hang out there and post your nonsense. Ongoing for years now. So what’s that say about you?

As for the rest of your trolling nonsense, I’ll spare the more sophisticated Griz fans here from explaining it to you since I’ve already done it on our site and you’d ignore it anyway. Straight denial. Just remember, ND is just a place most people fly over on their way to real destinations.

As you were.

If the Hauck/SDSU job thread gets moved because of “speculation”, how in the holy hell does a thread like this EVER see the light of day?

This is tinfoil-hat-level “speculation”, yet he’s here like clockwork, about every 45 days with another “theory”.

A FBS decision is big, and the U of Montana admin don’t want to diminish it for their other new conference mates by spilling the beans early.

Last year, U of St Thomas is St Paul got evicted for being too good from their prestigious DIII league, the MIAC. I called them out that this was purposeful, as St Thomas had much higher sights than DIII and pushed getting evicted. The school is like a Marquette, Creighton, or Providence for its endowment, TV media market, and academics.

http://www.citypages.com/news/excommunicated-st-thomas-proved-too-good-at-sports-and-building-a-college/561900561

But sure enough the Summit League soon invited them and DI is changing their rules to make it possible. The Summit League has met with St Thomas during the Final Four in the Cities, informally accepted them, and devised a plan to move to DI including their DIII conference eviction. Was banned on a Gopher board for being an idiotic imbecile, and now am one one of brightest posters ever to hit that board with so-called impossible predictions.

More confidence than ever in a new league for the Griz: the Summit, FBS, having an academic private’s in St Paul and Denver that bring esteemed TV media to everyone else, but yet I’m despised by this board for being a so-called idiot.[*]

Pounder said:
Meanwhile, I can argue that the ASun "proposal" (it's one of the weirder things I've ever encountered to be put out on a conference website) is more like the Big Sky WAC (and perhaps add other schools) reshuffle "dream scenario."

The commissioner made a comment about "if we can't increase revenues, at least we can reduce expenses" to one publication. The idea, in theory, is simply to tighten the geography of the conferences that are re-jiggered.

That's something I would say is a necessity out west, if it could be done cleanly. Whether it can be done cleanly is, of course, an open question.

Said before on a realignment board that the ASun should take in a massive amount of northern CAA schools for FBS, and was promptly labeled an idiot just like here .

Well it's happening and the other northeastern conferences are suddenly adding more schools as protection. Reports are that the low rated NEC is adding U of New Haven from DII.

The CAA is too disfunctional to make a bold move by itself, so the schools that want FBS, like JMU, Delaware, SBU, Albany, UNH, maybe Fordham and Towson, have to take the initiative themselves.

UNDfan said:
A FBS decision is big, and the U of Montana admin don’t want to diminish it for their other new conference mates by spilling the beans early.

Last year, U of St Thomas is St Paul got evicted for being too good from their prestigious DIII league, the MIAC. I called them out that this was purposeful, as St Thomas had much higher sights than DIII and pushed getting evicted. The school is like a Marquette, Creighton, or Providence for its endowment, TV media market, and academics.

http://www.citypages.com/news/excommunicated-st-thomas-proved-too-good-at-sports-and-building-a-college/561900561

But sure enough the Summit League soon invited them and DI is changing their rules to make it possible. The Summit League has met with St Thomas during the Final Four in the Cities, informally accepted them, and devised a plan to move to DI including their DIII conference eviction. Was banned on a Gopher board for being an idiotic imbecile, and now am one one of brightest posters ever to hit that board with so-called impossible predictions.

More confidence than ever in a new league for the Griz: the Summit, FBS, having an academic private’s in St Paul and Denver that bring esteemed TV media to everyone else, but yet I’m despised by this board for being a so-called idiot.[*]
An idiot is one who believes Montana has any interest in joining a conference in the Midwest.

Darn! I saw a new post to this thread and thought there would be an exciting update on this "sure thing"! Only two weeks left in the month. Can you hear the trumpets blowing or is it just the clock ticking?

UNDfan said:
Said UND as destined for the Big Sky three years before it happened. I was the biggest dumbass on Bisonville, as they wouldn’t believe it as they were turned down. They followed my predictions religiously and mocked them. Also, said the Big Ten schools would join together when Penn State added hockey. That came to be too, but UND came out stronger for it. The Big Ten is merely a minor league compared to our current conference, the NCHC. But never got an apology from NDSU fans either when it happened and they just ignore me on Siouxsports except the extremely ignorant and stupid. Saying UND would be in the same FBS conference as them is blasphemy.

Montana and M State want the Dakotas much more than Sac St as partners to go FBS.

If the move doesn’t happen before the end of February, I will apologize officially.

But EGRIZ will conveniently forget about the person that told them it would ever happen, cause you are just like bisonville.

:coffee:

Back