• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Badlands Bowl roster features 8 future Griz

Richard Cranium said:
It’s amazing how much better Montana is compared to the ND players. 63-0 last year 55-7 this year. It would have been fun to have seen Gabe Sulser play in the game.

Or Graves too. Did we only have 5 future Griz playing? Morris mad some nice catches and had some solid seal b;ocls that led to big runs....one of them being Turners 25 yard TD.

HookedonGriz said:
Richard Cranium said:
It’s amazing how much better Montana is compared to the ND players. 63-0 last year 55-7 this year. It would have been fun to have seen Gabe Sulser play in the game.

Or Graves too. Did we only have 5 future Griz playing? Morris mad some nice catches and had some solid seal b;ocls that led to big runs....one of them being Turners 25 yard TD.

Drew Turner, Trevor Welnel, Max Morris, Nick Germer, and Jackson Pepe all played. Turner was great, Welnel was a key cog in a into that rushed for over 300 yards, Max blocked well, and Pepe had several nice hits in run support. Didn't see much from Germer. Regardless, fans put too much stock into these games and how the kids play: good or bad. Its one week of practice with new faces and coaches. The fact they can get it all together for one game shows how talented the kids are let alone how they play in the game.

I know they don't do it this way but here is how I saw the MVPs:

Offensive - Lane Sumner and Drew Turner (they proved once again they are the two best backs in the state)

Defensive - Seth Schneider and Jory Choate (Buckingham was deserving but thought the pick six would seal the deal for Seth. Choate was an animal last night.)

Overall MVP: Mark Estes (He's such a great athlete and Coach Sulser basically slid Mark into the "Gabe Sulser" role last night. He did it all. It was a shame he wasn't selected to the initial roster. Can't wait to watch him grow in college.) and the offensive line (McElroy, Welnel, and crew wrecked ND in the second half.)

4/5 of my top players (Sulser, Askelson, Janacaro, and Graves) didn't play. Could only imagine how bad it could've been had those 4 also played.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Richard Cranium said:

Drew Turner, Trevor Welnel, Max Morris, Nick Germer, and Jackson Pepe all played. Turner was great, Welnel was a key cog in a into that rushed for over 300 yards, Max blocked well, and Pepe had several nice hits in run support. Didn't see much from Germer. Regardless, fans put too much stock into these games and how the kids play: good or bad. Its one week of practice with new faces and coaches. The fact they can get it all together for one game shows how talented the kids are let alone how they play in the game.

Offensive - Lane Sumner and Drew Turner (they proved once again they are the two best backs in the state)

Defensive - Seth Schneider and Jory Choate (Buckingham was deserving but thought the pick six would seal the deal for Seth. Choate was an animal last night.)

Overall MVP: Mark Estes (He's such a great athlete and Coach Sulser basically slid Mark into the "Gabe Sulser" role last night. He did it all. It was a shame he wasn't selected to the initial roster. Can't wait to watch him grow in college.) and the offensive line (McElroy, Welnel, and crew wrecked ND in the second half.)

4/5 of my top players (Sulser, Askelson, Janacaro, and Graves) didn't play. Could only imagine how bad it could've been had those 4 also played.

Good feedback and thanks for sharing. If would have been downright frightening if those other 4 were on the field. The wheels came off quickly for ND

Richard Cranium said:

Wait, Gabe didn’t play?

grizd said:
1972 said:
Ursus1 said:
Montana offense is the poorest I have seen in years.

Quarterback play is way off from what we have been used to.

Classic case of aa kid playing when he has no business. Cats aren't going to find a position for him. Not an athlete at this level.
grizd, you haven’t a clue. The kid led single handedly led Helena to the state chipper and gave Senior all they could handle at the game in Billings. Helena was the only team to give Senior a game last season, losing by a touchdown. The kid had a very good game (badlands) and is an athlete at the bsc level. Got picked by his teammates to be offensive captain. The first half the whole team and coaching staff was out of sync because of the defense of scheme nd was playing which was unexpected by Mark Sulser. He had a great second half where team scored 55 pts. He will be at least a 2 year starter for MSU who offered him after he kicked ass at their camp before his jr year. Your not a competent poster at this level. Give you a hint don’t post about a kid until the game has been played and you here from the coach who put everything in context. Smh

Dutch Lane said:
grizd said:
1972 said:
Ursus1 said:
Montana offense is the poorest I have seen in years.

Quarterback play is way off from what we have been used to.

Classic case of aa kid playing when he has no business. Cats aren't going to find a position for him. Not an athlete at this level.
grizd, you haven’t a clue. The kid led single handedly led Helena to the state chipper and gave Senior all they could handle at the game in Billings. Helena was the only team to give Senior a game last season, losing by a touchdown. The kid had a very good game (badlands) and is an athlete at the bsc level. Got picked by his teammates to be offensive captain. The first half the whole team and coaching staff was out of sync because of the defense of scheme nd was playing which was unexpected by Mark Sulser. He had a great second half where team scored 55 pts. He will be at least a 2 year starter for MSU who offered him after he kicked ass at their camp before his jr year. Your not a competent poster at this level. Give you a hint don’t post about a kid until the game has been played and you here from the coach who put everything in context. Smh

I am guessing you know him personally? Hes probably a great kid, good person, good leader, etc. You're right he could be a starter but I disagree with you, I just dont see a position for him in the big sky. And you didn't know Sulser didn't play so why are you so sure of what I think.

Yes I saw him play all through high school. He’s gonna play corner is what I have heard from the cats. Like I said he got recruited after his jr MSU camp. He played qb all through high school. But his measurables is what makes him standout to the cat coaches. Two MSU camps where he stood out against some really good athletes.

Check my earlier posts. I was flipping shit to dickhead. Lol.

VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Richard Cranium said:

Anyone know why Seth Schneider was not recruited by the Griz or
Cats? I was told he wanted to be a Griz. He will end up a Vandal.

UMAlum said:
VimSince03 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Richard Cranium said:

Anyone know why Seth Schneider was not recruited by the Griz or
Cats? I was told he wanted to be a Griz. He will end up a Vandal.

I've heard the Griz or cats didn't recruit him because of character issues.

Back