• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker 2023-2024

Conference freshman of the year Burris in the portal. Had a listed Griz offer out of HS.
https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1643003613319421952?s=20

There does appear to be some potentially good news though. I’m thinking we may have landed Washington State C Dishon Jackson who GF-24 has highlighted in the OP. He’s following all of the coaching staff on Twitter and Skyline Sports is following him, which for those of you who follow Football recruiting know that’s a very big deal as it means Colter typically knows he’s coming.

He’s 6’10, from Oakland, and is a former 4 star recruit. Looks like he missed all of this season for WSU, not exactly sure why but I know he’s had injuries in the past. He averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds during the 21-22 season and 7.2 points and rebounds during the 20-21 season. If he can stay healthy which he’s struggled with in the past, then I think this could be a good pickup for us! And assuming I’m right about this that he’s coming here!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432926/dishon-jackson
https://wsucougars.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/dishon-jackson/12041

HelenaHandBasket said:
Jackson Grant, big time get for MSU.
Why do you say that it is big time for MSU?

I couldn't find 'Big Time' in anything I saw. Maybe there is more to him than I can see. Fill me in.

oldrunner said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Jackson Grant, big time get for MSU.

I couldn't find 'Big Time' in anything I saw. Maybe there is more to him than I can see. Fill me in.

Would be interesting to know how many McDonald’s All-Americans have played in the Big Sky.

https://amp.thenewstribune.com/sports/high-school/article249460330.html

GrizBall said:
oldrunner said:

Would be interesting to know how many McDonald’s All-Americans have played in the Big Sky.

Yes, he should start and make an instant impact. But he still didn’t play on an again bad UW team. HS ranking don’t mean anything in the slightest. Believe the numbers said there was only one top 50 guy in this years final 4? He’s not going to magically become POY material next year. Just another drop down, nothing more special than any of the previous.

UMFan12 said:
GrizBall said:

Yes, he should start and make an instant impact. But he still didn’t play on an again bad UW team. HS ranking don’t mean anything in the slightest. Believe the numbers said there was only one top 50 guy in this years final 4? He’s not going to magically become POY material next year. Just another drop down, nothing more special than any of the previous.

Agreed. But the jury is out on Mike Hopkins and his coaching ability. He was giving Raequan Battle DNP-CDs on a team that got beat at home by Montana 2 years ago.

My McD’s comment was more out of curiosity than trying to embellish his career (but that said, making the McD is not good nothing).

UMFan12 said:
GrizBall said:

He played limited minutes in 14 games, garbage time. He shot 13% from the floor, 37.5 from the FT line, 0-8 from three, and got 21 rebounds in a total of 86 minutes played. I looked at his HS highlight video, he did get some dunks, but struggled to get above the rim. Not great for a 6'10'' guy. He looked mechanical to me. Maybe he improved while at UW, at least I hope so.

One thing is for sure, you can't coach 6'10''. I hope he does well at MSU.

If Jackson is coming. We have 4 starters locked. B Whitney-Moody-Transfer-Thomas-Jackson
Nap-Vazquez-Oke off the bench
That rotation has a glaring playmaking weakness. Desperately needs a guy who can create for others, and for himself. Whitney has his strengths, but he really limits what you can look for in other positions. He can’t shoot and isn’t good at creating for others. Desperately need a wing(6’4 plus).who can do that if this lineup is going to work. Last year, Bannan did this. It can’t be Moody, he’s better off the ball.

Down the line, Nap is that kind of player. But he’s not there yet.

UMFan12 said:
If Jackson is coming. We have 4 starters locked. B Whitney-Moody-Transfer-Thomas-Jackson
That rotation has a glaring playmaking weakness. Desperately needs a guy who can create for others, and for himself. Whitney has his strengths, but he really limits what you can look for in other positions. He can’t shoot and isn’t good at creating for others. Desperately need a wing(6’4 plus).who can do that if this lineup is going to work. Last year, Bannan did this. It can’t be Moody, he’s better off the ball.

Uh...... you confused me, or are confused yourself. The Jackson in this post is Jackson Grant, who is going to MSU.

maroonandsilver said:
UMFan12 said:

Uh...... you confused me, or are confused yourself. The Jackson in this post is Jackson Grant, who is going to MSU.
Dishon Jackson, WSU

UMFan12 said:
maroonandsilver said:
Dishon Jackson, WSU

OK. I get it. Thanks. Too many Jacksons to get my head around. And if he comes to UM, an additional Dishon to confuse me even further!

UMFan12 said:

Don't overlook Money Williams. Just named the East Bay Player of the Year by the local paper. He may be the player we're looking for.

If not, he definitely makes the "All Name" team.

UMFan12 said:
GrizBall said:

This from the poster who thought RaeQuan Battle was a big risk, not any good and wouldn't ever be one of the best players in the conference. And who said: "Freddy and Egun are going to be the next Rorie and Oguine".

mthoopsfan said:
UMFan12 said:

This from the poster who thought RaeQuan Battle was a big risk, not any good and wouldn't ever be one of the best players in the conference. And who said: "Freddy and Egun are going to be the next Rorie and Oguine".

Already been addressed. Only research I ever did was ig mixtapes and was a literal teenager. Now know more than you do. Which is why, the only bad takes of mine you can point out are from multiple years ago. And, Battle was absolutely a risk, one that the Cats could afford to take with a heavy upper class presence and an afforded year of bench development that proved huge for him, compared to the young Griz guard room filled with guys who all needed the ball in their hands to make things happen. If you knew even a little basketball, you’d know fit is the single biggest factor in the success of a prospect. Again, you couldn’t pay me to make DeCuire try to make a guard room of Battle, Whitney, Parker?, Gaskin?, Beasley work. There’s only one ball.
And you, you clearly still think Momberg is a D-1 basketball player. So maybe it’s time for you to look in the mirror.

UMFan12 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Already been addressed. Only research I ever did was ig mixtapes and was a literal teenager. Now know more than you do. Which is why, the only bad takes of mine you can point out are from multiple years ago. And, Battle was absolutely a risk, one that the Cats could afford to take with a heavy upper class presence and an afforded year of bench development that proved huge for him, compared to the young Griz guard room filled with guys who all needed the ball in their hands to make things happen. If you knew even a little basketball, you’d know fit is the single biggest factor in the success of a prospect. Again, you couldn’t pay me to make DeCuire try to make a guard room of Battle, Whitney, Parker?, Gaskin?, Beasley work. There’s only one ball.
And you, you clearly still think Momberg is a D-1 basketball player. So maybe it’s time for you to look in the mirror.

This above comment of yours is just plain stupid, regarding a frosh McDonald's all-American.

"Just another drop down, nothing more special than any of the previous."

You have learned little or nothing. You never played basketball and don't understand the game. You just read and research some.

Battle was zero risk to the Cats, and had a huge upside. Fit is not the biggest factor in the success of a prospect. That statement is also just plain stupid. Travis could have easily made a guard room of those guys. They would have all liked Battle and realized he was great talent. Again, your comment is just plain stupid. You have never been in a locker room, nor on a court. I never said Momberg was a D-I player. I said only that the new coach shouldn't have immediately cut 6 scholarship players, including Momberg. His move was unprecedented in the history of college basketball, to my knowledge, and he got nothing in return for doing it.

You have learned little or nothing about basketball, since you knew nothing about basketball. I can't imagine that any knowledgeable basketball fans in this section would disagree with me.

No McDonald's all-American is just another drop down, nor is someone moving from one school in D-I to another school in D-I a dropdown.

Battle didn't need or get bench development. After early January a year ago, he was either the Cats 2d or 3d leading scorer. He was the conference 6th man of the year. He was unanimous first team all-conference and conference tourney MVP this year.

Feel free to spout your childish, immature and unknowledgeable BS, but note that every once in awhile, I am going to call you out for it.

Back