• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker 2023-2024

PeauxRouge said:
Both of you, STFU!!!

At this point, perhaps you two could have this discussion elsewhere.. Those of us who visit this thread to see if there are new transfer tracker developments are getting a little weary of tuning in to this ongoing argument instead. :roll:

mthoopsfan said:
UMFan12 said:
You’re going to respond with some bs, so here’s a summary.
-Battle is 30% usage. Again, obviously sets go through him.
-The only sample size of Battle ever playing at a low usage was UW. He shot 25%. Even last year he was near 26%(Bannan level usage), this is why the bench role fit him better last year, staggering him and the PG as much as possible
-No NBA team is going to be able to give him that usage rate, and because he does nothing else even at an above average level, he will not make an nba roster. It will not be close.

Those are the facts
He’s a high volume shot creator. That’s how he plays. That means he’s playing ends of possessions on the ball(USG is the dead giveaway, unarguable), and any prior action is being run to get him the ball in his spots.

Yes, Battle is a high volume shot creator, but he doe not "play with the ball". He is productive when he get the balls. He consistently plays off the ball.

Here are some stats-all splits for MSU and Battle from last season (when he was very productive). Open the link so you know what it is.

He led the team in points per game, by far. He was 3.5 ahead of Bishop.

His Player Efficiency Rating was higher than all guards and everyone other than the 2 posts.

https://www.lines.com/ncaab/teams/montana-state/stats

"The player efficiency rating (PER) is John Hollinger's all-in-one basketball rating, which attempts to collect or boil down all of a player's contributions into one number. Using a detailed formula, Hollinger developed a system that rates every player's statistical performance."
PER is outdated from an analytical standpoint and is also completely irrelevant to how he plays and in what system/with what supporting cast his talents are maximized, which was the whole conversation.
https://thezscore.com/2016/02/17/the-definitive-per-criticism/
https://fansided.com/2019/01/08/nylon-calculus-best-advanced-stat/amp/

UMFan12 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Yes, Battle is a high volume shot creator, but he doe not "play with the ball". He is productive when he get the balls. He consistently plays off the ball.

Here are some stats-all splits for MSU and Battle from last season (when he was very productive). Open the link so you know what it is.

He led the team in points per game, by far. He was 3.5 ahead of Bishop.

His Player Efficiency Rating was higher than all guards and everyone other than the 2 posts.

https://www.lines.com/ncaab/teams/montana-state/stats

"The player efficiency rating (PER) is John Hollinger's all-in-one basketball rating, which attempts to collect or boil down all of a player's contributions into one number. Using a detailed formula, Hollinger developed a system that rates every player's statistical performance."
PER is outdated from an analytical standpoint and is also completely irrelevant to how he plays and in what system/with what supporting cast his talents are maximized, which was the whole conversation.

I take this to mean that you are finally admitting that Battle doesn't "play with the ball".

Are you severely ADD? You can't keep to a topic. You just switch and switch and switch.

mthoopsfan said:
UMFan12 said:

I take this to mean that you are finally admitting that Battle doesn't "play with the ball".

Are you severely ADD? You can't keep to a topic. You just switch and switch and switch.
You brought up PER? His talents are maximized when action is being run specifically to get him the ball in spots where he’s comfortable in isolation. Not when he’s playing off the ball and expected to cut and hit spot up jumpers. Which is why he will never play in the league, and why he failed at a P5 level. His skill set exceeds really only under one situation, which couldn’t have been possible on the Griz with the personnel DeCuire already had at the time. All of those are related, and not “switching the subject.”
Being effective off the ball really only requires a few things. Being a smart cutter. Being an efficient spot up shooter. And not needing the ball consistently to be in a rhythm. Battle is the opposite, except he is a great cutter. He needs volume in shots and touches, and he doesn’t hit spot up jumpers efficiently.

https://twitter.com/coachdecuire/status/1644787099894161411?s=46&t=ttv81ny-1m_P0TsbeumBnw
Better be a big time transfer if Decuire’s willing to jump in the river for it!

Here is a list of players Montana has reached out to in the last week or so...

PG- Isaiah Gaiter (6'3'' 190) Assumption (DII) Junior (2E) -
PG- Chance McMillan (6'3'' 195) Grand Canyon. Freshman (3E)-
SG- Quincy McGriff (6'6'' 200) Duquesne. Sophomore. (2E)
SG- Anthony Dell'Orso (6'6'' 190) Campbell. Freshman (3E)
SG- Kareem Thompson (6'6'' 214) Oral Robers. Junior (2E)
SF- Bryce Johnson (6'6'' 210) Sacred Heart. Sophomore (2E)
PF- Jasman Sangha (6'8'' 225) Texas AM-CC. RS Sophomore (2E)-
PF- Yvan Ouedrago (6'9'' 255) Grand Canyon- Junior (2E)-
PF- Nigel Burris (6'7'' 205) Idaho. Freshman (3E)- BSC Freshman of the Year.
Others that check boxes:
PF Darrion WIlliams (Nevada)- former recruiting target
PF/C Dischon Jackson (Washington State)- former recruiting target - probably front runner for first commit. Follows all coaches on Twitter.
C- Jack Wilson (Washington State)- Former recruit, has 1 maybe 2 years of eligibility.
PG PJ Fuller (Washington/TCU)- Former recruit, very...very talented guard. Seattle area kid. 2E.

GrizWhiz said:
PeauxRouge said:
Both of you, STFU!!!

At this point, perhaps you two could have this discussion elsewhere.. Those of us who visit this thread to see if there are new transfer tracker developments are getting a little weary of tuning in to this ongoing argument instead. :roll:

Umfan12 and mthoopsfan, please please have these arguments elsewhere. This isn't the first thread you've filled with these back and forth arguments. Clearly neither of you agree, we all get that. Neither of you have succeeded in convincing the other. I get excited about all the new posts on the transfer thread, only to find out 95% of them are your arguments

GaberdineC said:
GrizWhiz said:

Umfan12 and mthoopsfan, please please have these arguments elsewhere. This isn't the first thread you've filled with these back and forth arguments. Clearly neither of you agree, we all get that. Neither of you have succeeded in convincing the other. I get excited about all the new posts on the transfer thread, only to find out 95% of them are your arguments

This is the status quo for mthoopsfan. He argues with anyone and everyone to elevate his sick fragile need for attention, and to brag about himself. How many good posters has he called an idiot with impunity? I find it sad that he seems to be immune from being banned from this board, while others are banned for much less.

I just know that this board was a much better place the year he took his ball and went home because he was unable to influence the player personnel decisions for our new lady Griz coach.

Lonnell Martin Jr. to Arkansas Pine-Bluff.

Should be a good spot for him to finish out his career. Best of luck.

mtgrizrule said:
How much longer before the GRIZ get a transfer or 2?

Just got one. Missed all last year with an injury.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/giordan-williams-1.html

GrizBall said:
mtgrizrule said:
How much longer before the GRIZ get a transfer or 2?

Just got one. Missed all last year with an injury.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/giordan-williams-1.html

https://twitter.com/Geeewilliams2/status/1645571198116577283?t=i9yCo6J0H-HCdzP66QqqjQ&s=19

GrizWhiz said:
PeauxRouge said:
Both of you, STFU!!!

Try scrolling thru posts that you don't like. It takes one second. I don't like your avatar. It's distracting and stupid. Can you delete it?

GaberdineC said:
GrizWhiz said:

Try scrolling thru posts that you don't like. It takes one second. You don't have enough posts to be able to comment anyway. 11 posts doesn't give you the right to speak up yet.

thirdandlong said:
GaberdineC said:

This is the status quo for mthoopsfan. He argues with anyone and everyone to elevate his sick fragile need for attention, and to brag about himself. How many good posters has he called an idiot with impunity? I find it sad that he seems to be immune from being banned from this board, while others are banned for much less.

I just know that this board was a much better place the year he took his ball and went home because he was unable to influence the player personnel decisions for our new lady Griz coach.

Try scrolling thru posts that you don't like. It takes one second. I have never called a single "good" poster an idiot. I save that for the true idiots. Few posters provide as much good information and provide topics for good discussion than I do. You provide little or nothing. I had already stopped looking at this thread or responding to 12, but, having just seen these posts, I thought you all deserved responses. Again, it takes one second to scroll through I post you don't want to look at. How hard is that? I find about 3/4 of the posts on egriz to be worthless, but I scroll through and don't whine about them.

I never tried to influence any player personnel decisions. I just expressed my opinion. I didn't leave the board; I used another name. The board got quieter, because posters didn't come after my name and my posts because it was an unfamiliar name. Posters jumping at me is what often causes problems; some posters just can't resist coming after me/my name.

I am happy to go back to being quiet in this thread now, but when the Cats like Battle start going to the portal, I assume that discussing players like Battle will come up again. There were rumors about Battle thinking about the portal, before Sprinkle left. And Battle also came to the Cats through the portal; I don't see why those 2 things don't qualify him for discussion in this thread.

You joined egriz on 2/22/23. How do you know the history of my prior posting in the 2022? Looks like you changed your posting name, or have multiple names.

mthoopsfan said:
thirdandlong said:

Try scrolling thru posts that you don't like. It takes one second. I have never called a single "good" poster an idiot. I save that for the true idiots. Few posters provide as much good information and provide topics for good discussion than I do. You provide little or nothing. I had already stopped looking at this thread or responding to 12, but, having just seen these posts, I thought you all deserved responses. Again, it takes one second to scroll through I post you don't want to look at. How hard is that? I find about 3/4 of the posts on egriz to be worthless, but I scroll through and don't whine about them.

I never tried to influence any player personnel decisions. I just expressed my opinion. I didn't leave the board; I used another name. The board got quieter, because posters didn't come after my name and my posts because it was an unfamiliar name. Posters jumping at me is what often causes problems; some posters just can't resist coming after me/my name.

I am happy to go back to being quiet in this thread now, but when the Cats like Battle start going to the portal, I assume that discussing players like Battle will come up again. There were rumors about Battle thinking about the portal, before Sprinkle left. And Battle also came to the Cats through the portal; I don't see why those 2 things don't qualify him for discussion in this thread.

You joined egriz on 2/22/23. How do you know the history of my prior posting in the 2022? Looks like you changed your posting name, or have multiple names.

Poor Jack, such a victim. So glad that you clarified that you only call "bad posters" idiots............ as if, in your narcissistic mind, you actually believe that it is your call as to who is a bad, or good poster. If we could buy you for what you are worth, then sell you for what you think you are worth, we could solve the national debt.

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:

Poor Jack, such a victim. So glad that you clarified that you only call "bad posters" idiots............ as if, in your narcissistic mind, you actually believe that it is your call as to who is a bad, or good poster. If we could buy you for what you are worth, then sell you for what you think you are worth, we could solve the national debt.

Yes, I can tell what idiot comments are, as well as idiots. It's not that hard. Then, there are people like you who can't own up to what the prior posting name(s) are. No victim here; I'm on top of the world. Knock on wood.

"USU board still listing Battle, Osobor and Brown on transfer wish list, with “good sources saying 1-2 are done deals.”

Now, since Battle keeps getting mentioned as likely going to the Portal or transfer, is it okay to talk about him on a basketball message board (in the offseason)?

Jackson Grant, the recently announced UW MacDonald's all-American who had committed to MSU: "Due to unforeseen circumstances I am reopening my recruitment while keeping all my options open!!"

mthoopsfan said:
Jackson Grant, the recently announced UW MacDonald's all-American who had committed to MSU: "Due to unforeseen circumstances I am reopening my recruitment while keeping all my options open!!"
You mean, like a major coaching change? Duh... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder if Utah State was on Grant's short list? Or any list for him, for that matter.

Latest posts

Back