• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker 2023-2024

The rumors have been rampant about who was going to leave Bozeman, and a lot of that predated Sprinkle moving. Part of that might have been pessimism in general because of how good MSU had been the last couple of years that Battle and Osobor would be enticed by the opportunity to explore the transfer market.

Honestly I think those are the only two clear cut MWC guys on the MSU roster. Sprinkle has a huge restock to do, and it might help his rebuild in Logan, but MSU won't take it well if they are poaching Osobor and Battle without them being in the portal. I'm not sure Sprinkle wants to do that, but it hasn't stopped other coaches including Utah's coach that brought a couple of his USU kids (including Rollie Worster) along with him.

So while rumors are abound currently, I think much of it is moot until any of MSU's guys hit the portal. Today is the opening day of the Regular Period and times a wasting if any of those guys are going to test the portal. If Battle were to enter, he's going to have no shortage of suitors by programs much, much larger than USU. The read I have is that while Battle has transferred before he finds himself in the same boat as Jalen Cone that he'll be able to transfer w/out having to sit a year.

mthoopsfan said:
thirdandlong said:
Poor Jack, such a victim. So glad that you clarified that you only call "bad posters" idiots............ as if, in your narcissistic mind, you actually believe that it is your call as to who is a bad, or good poster. If we could buy you for what you are worth, then sell you for what you think you are worth, we could solve the national debt.

Yes, I can tell what idiot comments are, as well as idiots. It's not that hard. Then, there are people like you who can't own up to what the prior posting name(s) are. No victim here; I'm on top of the world. Knock on wood.

A narcissist is one who continues to defend his thoughts and actions, even when specific examples of said narcissism are provided to him by multiple people. The top of the world you live in is solely in your head, and if you knock on wood, it will be above your eyebrows. You are truly the Donald Trump of egriz.

thirdandlong said:
mthoopsfan said:
Yes, I can tell what idiot comments are, as well as idiots. It's not that hard. Then, there are people like you who can't own up to what the prior posting name(s) are. No victim here; I'm on top of the world. Knock on wood.

A narcissist is one who continues to defend his thoughts and actions, even when specific examples of said narcissism are provided to him by multiple people. The top of the world you live in is solely in your head, and if you knock on wood, it will be above your eyebrows. You are truly the Donald Trump of egriz.

You don't know what narcissism is, nor to you know me. You are a prime example of an idiot. I'm sorry that life has passed you by, and you have done or accomplished much.

Not convinced we landed Jackson. Still pursuing bigs
https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/status/1646912019050766337?s=20

Just in case you wanted to know, just how much the conference has been restructured because of graduation and the Transfer portal... Those in bold and underlined are those players at this moment would return next year.
2022-23- Big Sky Conference All Conference Teams:

MVP: Steele Venters - Eastern Washington - So. - TRANSFER: Gonzaga
DPOY: Darius Brown III- Montana State - Jr. TRANSFER:
Newcomer: Isaac Jones- Idaho-
Freshman: Nigel Burris- Idaho- Fr. TRANSFER:
6th Man: Great Osobor- Montana State- SO.

First Team All-Conference

Steele Venters, Eastern Washington*- TRANSFER: GONZAGA
Dillon Jones, Weber State*
RaeQuan Battle, Montana State*-TRANSFER
Angelo Allegri, Eastern Washington- GRADUATING
Josh Bannan, Montana- LEFT EARLY: PRO BASKETBALL-AUSTRALIA

Second Team All-Conference

Dalton Knecht, Northern Colorado- TRANSFER
Isaac Jones, Idaho
Jubrile Belo, Montana State- GRADUATED
Cameron Parker, Portland State- GRADUATED
Aanen Moody, Montana

Third Team All-Conference

Callum McRae, Sacramento State- GRADUATED
Jalen Cone, Northern Arizona: TRANSFER: CALIFORNIA
Brayden Parker, Idaho State
Steven Verplancken, Weber State

Darius Brown II, Montana State: TRANSFER

All-Conference Honorable Mention

Daylen Kountz, Northern Colorado- GRADUATED
Divant’e Moffitt, Idaho- GRADUATED
Zach Chappell, Sacramento State- GRADUATED
Ethan Price, Eastern Washington
Brock Mackenzie, Idaho State- SENIOR

---
Gonna be wild next year..

Weber State has to be the pre-season favorite at this moment.

maroonandsilver said:
Bobcat Nation is lamenting Battle and Brown in the Portal.

Yes, tough losses. Not surprised though with the coaching change and the transfer portal. The transfer portal and big bucks with NIL is a disaster for college basketball.

bigsky33 said:
maroonandsilver said:
Bobcat Nation is lamenting Battle and Brown in the Portal.

Yes, tough losses. Not surprised though with the coaching change and the transfer portal. The transfer portal and big bucks with NIL is a disaster for college basketball.

Battle is not allowed to be discussed in this thread.

I find it funny that so many cats fans are bitching and complaining that the portal is the worst thing in the history of the world…..when that is exactly how they got battle and brown to begin with. Fuck they are dumb.

Grizfan-24 said:
Just in case you wanted to know, just how much the conference has been restructured because of graduation and the Transfer portal... Those in bold and underlined are those players at this moment would return next year.
2022-23- Big Sky Conference All Conference Teams:

MVP: Steele Venters - Eastern Washington - So. - TRANSFER: Gonzaga
DPOY: Darius Brown III- Montana State - Jr. TRANSFER:
Newcomer: Isaac Jones- Idaho-
Freshman: Nigel Burris- Idaho- Fr. TRANSFER:
6th Man: Great Osobor- Montana State- SO.

First Team All-Conference

Steele Venters, Eastern Washington*- TRANSFER: GONZAGA
Dillon Jones, Weber State*
RaeQuan Battle, Montana State*-TRANSFER
Angelo Allegri, Eastern Washington- GRADUATING
Josh Bannan, Montana- LEFT EARLY: PRO BASKETBALL-AUSTRALIA

Second Team All-Conference

Dalton Knecht, Northern Colorado- TRANSFER
Isaac Jones, Idaho
Jubrile Belo, Montana State- GRADUATED
Cameron Parker, Portland State- GRADUATED
Aanen Moody, Montana

Third Team All-Conference

Callum McRae, Sacramento State- GRADUATED
Jalen Cone, Northern Arizona: TRANSFER: CALIFORNIA
Brayden Parker, Idaho State
Steven Verplancken, Weber State

Darius Brown II, Montana State: TRANSFER

All-Conference Honorable Mention

Daylen Kountz, Northern Colorado- GRADUATED
Divant’e Moffitt, Idaho- GRADUATED
Zach Chappell, Sacramento State- GRADUATED
Ethan Price, Eastern Washington
Brock Mackenzie, Idaho State- SENIOR

---
Gonna be wild next year..

Weber State has to be the pre-season favorite at this moment.

I follow this pretty closely and MSU went from 1st to 5th in a matter of a week.

https://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php?conlimit=BSky&state=All&year=2023&sort=

HookedonGriz said:
I find it funny that so many cats fans are bitching and complaining that the portal is the worst thing in the history of the world…..when that is exactly how they got battle and brown to begin with. fudge they are dumb.

My post was about the portal and NIL in general being bad for college basketball. I think most coaches agree. Applies to football too. Yes it can help a team but there is no longer such a thing as stability.

It was a good move for Sprinkle. I don’t think Cat fans were surprised that Battle and Brown entered the portal. It is the new normal for players.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
I find it funny that so many cats fans are bitching and complaining that the portal is the worst thing in the history of the world…..when that is exactly how they got battle and brown to begin with. fudge they are dumb.

My post was about the portal and NIL in general being bad for college basketball. I think most coaches agree. Applies to football too. Yes it can help a team but there is no longer such a thing as stability.

It was a good move for Sprinkle. I don’t think Cat fans were surprised that Battle and Brown entered the portal. It is the new normal for players.

Don’t flatter yourself I wasn’t even referring to you or your post. If you read any of the articles on Facebook about these two cats players leaving there are many cats fans freaking out about the portal. I was referring to them and how they don’t even realize that’s how they got those two players to begin with.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Don’t flatter yourself I wasn’t even referring to you or your post. If you read any of the articles on Facebook about these two cats players leaving there are many cats fans freaking out about the portal. I was referring to them and how they don’t even realize that’s how they got those two players to begin with.

Yes you re right-on. Lot's of Cat fans upset with the portal. I guess most don't look at when the portal helps as everything is good. Then, freak out when players leave. I just hope the NCAA addresses the portal and NIL real soon. Seems to be a lot of pressure from coaches for action on both. It is ruining college athletics real fast. I don't think college sports fans want to see another professional athletic league on college campuses.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yes you re right-on. Lot's of Cat fans upset with the portal. I guess most don't look at when the portal helps as everything is good. Then, freak out when players leave. I just hope the NCAA addresses the portal and NIL real soon. Seems to be a lot of pressure from coaches for action on both. It is ruining college athletics real fast. I don't think college sports fans want to see another professional athletic league on college campuses.

Problem is, the ship with the title "Professionalism on College Campuses" sailed long ago. Way back when the NCAA signed a multi-BILLION dollar deal with CBS to televise their basketball tournament. When college coaches began making more than college presidents, and could count on wealthy alums to buy out their contracts if they moved up to better gigs, the while the athletes they recruited to their programs were stuck sitting out a year if THEY wanted to transfer. When oily administrators made $500,000 a year to go on TV and talk about the value of college athletics to the STUDENT athletes.

No, that ship sailed long ago, with only the STUDENT athletes left behind. And now that they're on board, with the full blessing of the Supreme Court, that ship ain't comin' back, no matter how loud the coaches of all people bellyache about how inconvenient the portal is. This is America, baby. Follow the money!

As for us Griz or Cat fans, we shoulda seen this all coming long ago and lobbied hard to move up to the MWC, where at least you get a whiff of the bucks, especially in basketball. But we opted instead for a "National Championship" in lower-division football, to the detriment of both our basketball programs, and ultimately relegation to the wrong side of the tracks in college athletics.

UM and MSU never had any chance of going to the MW. The MW didn't want or need the Montana schools. The Montana schools never had the necessary funds to move up successfully anyway. Study after study showed that. Pie in the sky. Windmill chasers.

Grizfan-24 said:
[media]https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/status/1647700147000729603?s=20[/media]
I’m thinking we’re gonna land him! Here’s another one to keep an eye in case Bediako falls through. Burke Smith at Boise State. Has 3 years remaining. Maybe we can take both of them and force somebody else out!
https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/1647705758275104768?s=46&t=ttv81ny-1m_P0TsbeumBnw

Back