• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky teasing us

EverettGriz said:
June 9, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The big sky conference (#bsc) is proud to announce a new five year agreement with pluto tv for exclusive streaming rights of all conference ga

Rd71d8ccb7264fb1ca4a4ec9a871849d1

Absolute gold.... :lol:

Yukon said:
EverettGriz said:
June 9, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The big sky conference (#bsc) is proud to announce a new five year agreement with pluto tv for exclusive streaming rights of all conference ga

Absolute gold.... :lol:
That was beautiful, I even sat and watched the buffering wondering what the hell I was missing.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, now I guess we'll see who actually does the broadcast. I'm pretty stoked about this.

Just noticed ESPN+ bumped up to $6/month. Was $5. Still a great deal to watch the big sky and others.

SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Many people don’t understand this. ESPN literally just picks up the local feed or university broadcast. The Griz home games will be easier to stream for out of state…ME. But away games are going to be just as shitty of a broadcast. Same style of broadcasts we get for basketball games

Yes and No... Also it depends. Media deals like this normally come with a "standards clause" this means that schools that don't meet that standard will get money to upgrade their feed... This doesn't mean you will have 12 camera angles, or 3 different announcers around the stadium... But the main camera, and equipment are upgraded. Not saying it will happen, but that is common practice.
I could see bubcatties being all kinds of pissed off over this. Their reach and vision does not extend beyond the Gelatin Valley.
“How dare they take away my Root and SWX tv?”
“Those were the best production values around.”
“Now I’m being forced to pay for something I used to get for free using just a little tin foil on my rabbit ears.”
“And the tubes on the back of my TV are not even able to twitterpate; so now I have to buy a new tv too?!?”

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1402656829512032257?s=20
So the deal includes:
- ESPN+ becomes the streaming service for all games
- Two Football regular season conference games on ESPNU
-One men's basketball regular season game on ESPNU
-Men's and Women's conference basketball tournament games on one of the ESPN networks TBD

GrizTexas said:
So help me understand ... does that mean no more Altitude TV?
The press release on gogriz.com says that Root Sports will continue to be a broadcast partner as well. SWX and the other teams local networks can still televise the games not picked up by ESPNU or Root Sports. All of the streaming will move away from Pluto and over to ESPN+ for $6 a month. If you've ever watched a MVFC game on ESPN+ you'll see with NDSU for example that ESPN+ just picks up the feed of the MIDCO sports production, which is basically North Dakota's version of SWX. With regards to Altitude, I would assume that whatever games SWX ends up televising, Altitude will continue to try and pick up their feed. Make sense?

Griz til I die said:
GrizTexas said:
So help me understand ... does that mean no more Altitude TV?
The press release on gogriz.com says that Root Sports will continue to be a broadcast partner as well. SWX and the other teams local networks can still televise the games not picked up by ESPNU or Root Sports. All of the streaming will move away from Pluto and over to ESPN+ for $6 a month. If you've ever watched a MVFC game on ESPN+ you'll see with NDSU for example that ESPN+ just picks up the feed of the MIDCO sports production, which is basically North Dakota's version of SWX. With regards to Altitude, I would assume that whatever games SWX ends up televising, Altitude will continue to try and pick up their feed. Make sense?

It does make sense, I currently pay for a TV package that carries Altitude so I pick up about half the Griz games here in Texas, Unfortunately it comes with a lot of baggage and cost so getting rid of it would be great. I guess is the ESPN+ package this year, that or just bite the bullet and get season tickets and fly to Montana 6 times in the fall!

Griz til I die said:
if cat-Griz is not one of the two games on ESPNU I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
I'd be very surprised if that game didn't show up when ESPN highlights their "rivalry weekend" thing. Brent Musburger is semi-retired now (as I understand it), but he's apparently still a consultant for ESPN/ABC ... and he'd surely put in a strong plug for that game. I have not looked at every team's schedule, so it's hard to guess what the other might be. If the contract allows it, I'd guess the other broadcast would be a play-up game to draw some of the FBS audience. The Sac State at Cal in the third week might be a candidate.

IdaGriz01 said:
Griz til I die said:
if cat-Griz is not one of the two games on ESPNU I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
I'd be very surprised if that game didn't show up when ESPN highlights their "rivalry weekend" thing. Brent Musburger is semi-retired now (as I understand it), but he's apparently still a consultant for ESPN/ABC ... and he'd surely put in a strong plug for that game. I have not looked at every team's schedule, so it's hard to guess what the other might be. If the contract allows it, I'd guess the other broadcast would be a play-up game to draw some of the FBS audience. The Sac State at Cal in the third week might be a candidate.

Keep in mind, ROOT Sports will still be broadcasting conference football games which means any Griz game that ROOT Sports broadcasts will not be on ESPN+. This would most likely include the Cat/Griz game. ESPN+ is essentially doing the same thing that PLUTO TV did. It is my understanding that ESPN+ will only stream the games that are not picked up by ROOT Sports.

EverettGriz said:
June 9, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yukon said:
Just noticed ESPN+ bumped up to $6/month. Was $5. Still a great deal to watch the big sky and others.
If you're blessed with streaming-capable ISP availability, which much of MT does not have.

Back