• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky WBB transfers

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:
I consider a scholarship down the drain as being a redshirt, or frosh who doesn't play, leaving the program. Not when a coach, who has never seen a kid play, fires a player. My jury is still out on Momberg. I still think she will be a good player. She was certainly better than 2 of the 3 players the new coach brought in. Momberg got way behind when she left school/basketball at the beginning of the season to go home for the mourning of a relative who had died. How would you rate Willa Albrecht? I thought she would be a contributor. The new coach kept her. Did she get hurt. She had almost no stats for the season.

How would you rate the new coach's 3 new recruits to the program for the year? Was it necessary to terminate 6 scholarship players, sight unseen to bring in 3 new players who scored a total average of 5.5 points for the season? Talk about wasting scholarships.

You guys who don't understand the game and get all excited about a coach who comes in and does very little, make me laugh. It's time for your guy to step it up. As I have said, my friends who knew him from Tech, were not overly impressed with him. We shall see.

I also think it's funny that when I comment on the new coach, all you can do is bring up Momberg. Is that really all you've got, or are you just prejudiced against Native Americans?

I bring up Momberg because she is the reason that you have a stick up your arse and look for any way possible to tear down the current head coach of the team. As for the so-called wasted scholarship, a coach cuts what they believe is dead weight in an effort not to waste a scholarship. So I don't see a girl leaving any differently than the several that were cut when it comes to use of a scholarship. Not all scholarship athletes work out and it is just the cost of doing business.

You keep bringing up Momberg because you are prejudiced against Native Americans.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I bring up Momberg because she is the reason that you have a stick up your arse and look for any way possible to tear down the current head coach of the team. As for the so-called wasted scholarship, a coach cuts what they believe is dead weight in an effort not to waste a scholarship. So I don't see a girl leaving any differently than the several that were cut when it comes to use of a scholarship. Not all scholarship athletes work out and it is just the cost of doing business.

You keep bringing up Momberg because you are prejudiced against Native Americans.

False.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Could you belittling the Greek girl be a race thing? I know that me bringing up Momberg was nothing more than she is the one that you had a biggest issue with originally. Bottom line is both are now gone, it happens, and unlike you, I don't have an issue with it. But you be you and keep digging for things in an attempt to make the hiring of the head coach seem like a bad thing.

I haven't belittled anyone, except for you. I haven't dug for anything. The Greek girl just left the program last week. You are bringing up Momberg a year after she left. Every time you mention Momberg from now on, I'm going to call you out for being racist. Because that's what it appears to be.

Like most things, your take is wrong.

HelenaHandBasket said:
mthoopsfan said:
I'm just pointing out that he terminated 6 women for what appears to have been no good reason

Someone sounds a little butt hurt.

Because they weren't good enough seems one good reason! Their performances on the court (or not in some cases!) this year seem to confirm that.

I thought I read somewhere that scholarships are renewed annually? Did Holsinger revoke 6 scholarships mid-year?

I hate to admit that for some reason I wasted my time skimming through this thread. The thing that I did notice though is that PR, I mean mthoops, is the only poster bringing race into the discussion. It really seems that he is trying to make something from nothing.

grizindabox said:
I hate to admit that for some reason I wasted my time skimming through this thread. The thing that I did notice though is that PR, I mean mthoops, is the only poster bringing race into the discussion. It really seems that he is trying to make something from nothing.

All the WBB discussion threads seem to degenerate pretty quickly from their original topic. I know PR is very disappointed since he was possibly close to some of last year's transfers; however, I'm guessing there are other dynamics with those that left that we'll never get to hear about.

As for the transfer portal, the Lady Griz must be pretty happy where they are now to have only one transfer so far. The college trend is around 35% of the team leaving "the school and fans they love" (tongue-in-cheek).

Mousegriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Someone sounds a little butt hurt.

Because they weren't good enough seems one good reason! Their performances on the court (or not in some cases!) this year seem to confirm that.

I thought I read somewhere that scholarships are renewed annually? Did Holsinger revoke 6 scholarships mid-year?

Murphy put up pretty good numbers at UT-Chattanooga and would have helped the LG. Compare to Albrecht (unless she got hurt).

Not re-offering scholarships is terminating players. Feel free to cite any example of a new coach, or old coach, not offering scholarships to 6 returning players.

Are you trying to say that Pflugrad and O'Day weren't terminated from their jobs at UM?

grizindabox said:

That's because I'm the only Native American in the discussion, and Momberg is also NA. When people like HHH and Mouse continue to hammer and belittle a NA like Momberg, a year after she left the program, it occurs to me that they are showing prejudice or racism. Are you going to be another white guy who tries to tell about POC what is and isn't racism? I would have thought you were smarter than that.

Let's see you explain and justify why HHH and Mouse continue to belittle and bring up Momberg a year after she left the program. Note that I'm not the one bringing her up, although I do defend her sometimes when they go after her.

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:

That's because I'm the only Native American in the discussion, and Momberg is also NA. When people like HHH and Mouse continue to hammer and belittle a NA like Momberg, a year after she left the program, it occurs to me that they are showing prejudice or racism. Are you going to be another white guy who tries to tell about POC what is and isn't racism? I would have thought you were smarter than that.

Let's see you explain and justify why HHH and Mouse continue to belittle and bring up Momberg a year after she left the program. Note that I'm not the one bringing her up, although I do defend her sometimes when they go after her.

Oh. OK.

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:

Is there another thread that I am missing? I don't see anything from them that I would classify as racist. What I do see is them using the name they know will get under your skin because of your feeling about how things went down.

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:

Murphy put up pretty good numbers at UT-Chattanooga and would have helped the LG. Compare to Albrecht (unless she got hurt).

Not re-offering scholarships is terminating players. Feel free to cite any example of a new coach, or old coach, not offering scholarships to 6 returning players.

Are you trying to say that Pflugrad and O'Day weren't terminated from their jobs at UM?

No it’s not. Are they still not players? Then they haven’t been terminated. Their scholarships were just not renewed at their former schools. Big difference. As for Pflugrad and O’Day, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe they were released before their contracts expired. The former LG players were allowed to finish the school year that their schollies were offered. They were not removed from the school mid season like Pflugrad and O’Day who were asked to clean out their offices in the middle of spring practice. Are coaching and AD contracts not offered during the summer? Again, correct me if I’m wrong. I notice you didn’t correct my last comment towards this topic though so I’m assuming you must’ve thought I was right since I know how you like to continue discussions that you’re sure you’re correct in.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

No it’s not. Are they still not players? Then they haven’t been terminated. Their scholarships were just not renewed at their former schools. Big difference. As for Pflugrad and O’Day, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe they were released before their contracts expired. The former LG players were allowed to finish the school year that their schollies were offered. They were not removed from the school mid season like Pflugrad and O’Day who were asked to clean out their offices in the middle of spring practice. Are coaching and AD contracts not offered during the summer? Again, correct me if I’m wrong. I notice you didn’t correct my last comment towards this topic though so I’m assuming you must’ve thought I was right since I know how you like to continue discussions that you’re sure you’re correct in.

Nope. Terminated from the team, not the school. They didn't continue working out, lifting, meeting with the team. I don't recall what your last comment was.

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

Is there another thread that I am missing? I don't see anything from them that I would classify as racist. What I do see is them using the name they know will get under your skin because of your feeling about how things went down.

Picking on Momberg is racist, in my view. Nothing gets under my skin.

mthoopsfan said:
grizindabox said:

Picking on Momberg is racist, in my view. Nothing gets under my skin.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about.

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:

Would Murphy have been able to surpass Frolich or Bartsch on the depth chart? If not, I’m not sure she would have been able to contribute much.

She appears to have been far more productive for Chattanooga (4 PPG and 3 RPG), but they’re also on the lower end of D1 teams (#305 in NET).

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Yeah, I am still trying to figure that out myself.

You two, and your ilk, probably don't know why so many people wanted the Washington Redskins to change its name either.

Uh Oh! Mthoops is a trapper! watch out! :roll:

Back